The Student Room Group

TSR Eurovision vote 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laurenafenete
What I liked about when we found out that Georgia got in was that the UK commentators went completely silent

Probably thinking crap we got to sit through that light show again

Even Mel was like..."my eyes are still recovering"
Original post by homeland.lsw
Even Mel was like..."my eyes are still recovering"

Same here, oh god that amount of strobe lighting shouldn't be legal
Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Bosnia and Herzegovina were robbed. Plain and simple.

Hope Agnete is keeping strong.
Not the best spot for the UK, Russia's got the best position. :frown:

The running order for the Grand Final:

1. Belgium
2. Czech Republic
3. The Netherlands
4. Azerbaijan
5. Hungary
6. Italy
7. Israel
8. Bulgaria
9. Sweden
10. Germany
11. France
12. Poland
13. Australia
14. Cyprus
15. Serbia
16. Lithuania
17. Croatia
18. Russia
19. Spain
20. Latvia
21. Ukraine
22. Malta
23. Georgia
24. Austria
25. United Kingdom
26. Armenia
I really want Ukraine to win the whole thing. I think Jamala gives such an emotional performance and you can see how emotionally exhausted by it after all it is a very personal performance for her
Germany's song is really undervalued. I hope it does well.

Original post by studyranger
I really want Ukraine to win the whole thing. I think Jamala gives such an emotional performance and you can see how emotionally exhausted by it after all it is a very personal performance for her

But the song is so boring. :sleep:
Original post by Snufkin
Germany's song is really undervalued. I hope it does well.

But the song is so boring. :sleep:

I can see why people think that but I really liked it from the first time i had heard it. I guess her voice is very intersting but it's not like a generic pop song or ballad which has been and is in the contest alot. It stands out to me becasue it's very different.:smile:

Germany does have a good song I think people don't like it becasue it doesn't really go anywhere but yeah I also like the song. :smile:
I can see why people think that but I really liked it from the first time i had heard it. I guess her voice is very intersting but it's not like a generic pop song or ballad which has been and is in the contest alot. It stands out to me becasue it's very different.:smile:

Germany does have a good song I think people don't like it becasue it doesn't really go anywhere but yeah I also like the song. :smile:

Ukraine are playing a dirty game, trying to get sympathy votes from the public. NOT GOOD
Ukraine are playing a dirty game, trying to get sympathy votes from the public. NOT GOOD

I actually liked the song before I knew what it was about but yeah I guess you are right. I don't think it is a dirty game because usually people viewing eurovision on Saterday will not be the hardcore eurovision fans as in the bulk of the viewers will not. They will probably not even know, I want Ukraine to win for being so unique and for their killer staging but I think that it will be a two horse race between Australia and Russia, I think the bookies have it right. But it's Eurovision so you never know :smile:
I actually liked the song before I knew what it was about but yeah I guess you are right. I don't think it is a dirty game because usually people viewing eurovision on Saterday will not be the hardcore eurovision fans as in the bulk of the viewers will not. They will probably not even know, I want Ukraine to win for being so unique and for their killer staging but I think that it will be a two horse race between Australia and Russia, I think the bookies have it right. But it's Eurovision so you never know :smile:

Also can we include france or spain? those are my contenders!
Also can we include france or spain? those are my contenders!

Yeah I really like Spain and France this year can't wait!!!
NOt gonna lie though when we saw their preformance in the semi final I was a little worried with Spain's staging in the sense of what the jury will think I don't think it is the best staged song but the song is so strong I hope that the public will vote for it. I mean Spain should do better than last year.

One other thing I want to mention about Ukraine is that I don't really see it as them playing dirty the more I think about it I feel like she is informing people on th reality of what really happened. Just like Serbia singing about domestic violence both have a purpose to inform. (Love serbia and Israel as well btw) :smile:
Yeah I really like Spain and France this year can't wait!!!
NOt gonna lie though when we saw their preformance in the semi final I was a little worried with Spain's staging in the sense of what the jury will think I don't think it is the best staged song but the song is so strong I hope that the public will vote for it. I mean Spain should do better than last year.

One other thing I want to mention about Ukraine is that I don't really see it as them playing dirty the more I think about it I feel like she is informing people on th reality of what really happened. Just like Serbia singing about domestic violence both have a purpose to inform. (Love serbia and Israel as well btw) :smile:

Yeah, I officially detract my statement about Ukraine playing dirty. They're now in my top 10
Yeah, I officially detract my statement about Ukraine playing dirty. They're now in my top 10

Haha yeah I have found that people hate the actual song then love, I think its because the staging makes it more than what it is :smile:
One other thing I want to mention about Ukraine is that I don't really see it as them playing dirty the more I think about it I feel like she is informing people on th reality of what really happened

What does that have to do with anything? Anyone who knows anything about the USSR knows that Stalin deported Tartars (and millions of other non-Russians) to Central Asia, it isn't an unknown story. Ukraine never entered a song about the plight of the native Crimean population before - the only reason they're doing so now is because they've lost the Crimea and want it back.
Original post by Snufkin
What does that have to do with anything? Anyone who knows anything about the USSR knows that Stalin deported Tartars (and millions of other non-Russians) to Central Asia, it isn't an unknown story. Ukraine never entered a song about the plight of the native Crimean population before - the only reason they're doing so now is because they've lost the Crimea and want it back.

I mean we can go into the whole political aspect of it but I think that even then she is still giving perspective, I understand your opinion though. :smile:
Reply 455
I bet £10 for Australia to win at 16/1, £10 for France to win at 13/2 and £10 for Italy to be the best big five country at 3/1. (I got a £10 free bet, I'm not that crazy). I think with the new voting method, truly great songs have a better chance of doing very well. I would've been reluctant to back these three countries last year under the previous voting method.

Fingers crossed!
Original post by oinkk
I bet £10 for Australia to win at 16/1, £10 for France to win at 13/2 and £10 for Italy to be the best big five country at 3/1. (I got a £10 free bet, I'm not that crazy). I think with the new voting method, truly great songs have a better chance of doing very well. I would've been reluctant to back these three countries last year under the previous voting method.

Fingers crossed!

I'd be worried if I were you.
Reply 457
Original post by Snufkin
I'd be worried if I were you.

How come?
Original post by oinkk
How come?

Well it looks like Russia is going to win, and France will probably beat Italy.
Reply 459
Original post by Snufkin
Well it looks like Russia is going to win, and France will probably beat Italy.

Both are equally as likely. I can't help but think that votes by the public for Russia would be hindered by politics. It's a great song, and should not be affected by that. Nevertheless, it was still a big factor in me not backing them. Regardless, they still did very well last year.

I think Dami Im has a hint of Loreen in her song and voice... that's one of the biggest reasons I backed Australia.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending