The Student Room Group

What do you do during revision breaks?

What do you do during your revision breaks and how long do you usually study for before taking a break? If this is usually a set amount of time, how long are your breaks?
(edited 1 year ago)
If I feel I really need a break I take up to 30 mins, I'll get a snack usually banana or a smoothie and walk around the house maybe sit outside, or read 20 pages of a book. However, if I don't feel like I need a break, I'll go downstairs for about 5 mins and try not to go on youtube because if I do I would be there for a least 45 mins
I usually finish a topic first (which takes maybe 2 hours, sometimes more or less) then I have a 15 minute break before starting the next one.
I will usually watch a 15min YouTube video so I don't get tempted to prolong my break. If I go on my phone or Facebook or tsr then I spend way too long and I end up procrastinating!!!
I always go for a walk. I live in a pretty rural area with lots of farms and hills and woods so I enjoy just grabbing a bottle of water and walking a few miles to calm myself. I live near stables so ill sometimes go there because I've always loved horses and they are the perfect antidote to exam stress. There's one young colt in particular who's very affectionate and he always seems to enjoy all the fuss I give him!

If I need a shorter break I'll just make myself some tea or grab a drink and try to relax in front of the tv for a bit. I'm studying French and Italian so I'll sometimes try and find a tv show or movie in one of those languages to watch for a bit. I have a collection of French fashion magazines so I like reading them and just chilling outside with a coffee or a soft drink. I tend to find myself scrolling through Facebook/Instagram/twitter a lot though so I'll charge my phone on breaks so that I'm not as tempted to sit scrolling through social media for hours on end
2 hours revision 30 minutes break to eat something, walk, watch some Youtube, play football or whatever

If you are learning and not revising, then I suggest you work for 25 minutes and break for 5 minutes
(edited 7 years ago)
ok so i attempt to do 25 mins of revision and then 5 min break, but i end up floating away and waste my time. but i time myself and i probably just dance to a song! its good exercise and its about 3-4 mins and i can eat something too lol. Then i do it again and I've done 1 hour of staying away from the internet yay. too bad i haven't done any revision in the past 2 days kill me
Reply 6
my revision break has been going for 9 months now....wtf am i doing with my life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending