The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA paper 1- revision

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaykaayy
What are you guys doing to learn all the evaluations? 😭😭

Apart from the usual ecological validity, generalisability, replicability etc,
to memorise studies that support or go against a theory I used loads of acronyms.
Original post by amelienine
Apart from the usual ecological validity, generalisability, replicability etc,
to memorise studies that support or go against a theory I used loads of acronyms.

Oh wow, are they really helpful? Could you give an example of one? That's really creative.
Can anyone find any strengths for the adult and later relationships section? all the evaluation appears to be limitations and weaknesses of studies like McCarthy, Hazan and Shaver, etc. ?????
Original post by kaykaayy
Oh wow, are they really helpful? Could you give an example of one? That's really creative.

For example, if the questions asks about Bowlby's Maternal Deprivation Hypothesis, I think: R&R G

It stands for Robertson & Robertson (who did a study on this young boy named John who experienced short term separation from his mum), and Goldfarb (who found that since orphanage children were maternally deprived, they became less socially and emotionally developed later)

As for the evaluation of the Strange Situation, I think MUDL

M - mum may not have been main attachment
U - unfamiliar room
D - demand characteristics
L - lab experiment (low ecological validity)
Reply 44
Is this for the AS retake??
I get a feeling that the effects of institutionalisation may come up. I can't see it on either of the spec papers.
Original post by oana.97
Is this for the AS retake??

Nope, this is the new spec
There are soooooo many case studies for memory !! Any idea how to memorize them all ?? :angry:
Reply 48
Original post by Natashja
There are soooooo many case studies for memory !! Any idea how to memorize them all ?? :angry:

Do you use Quizlet? I haven't made a set of flashcards for memory yet, but that's how I learnt the researchers for social influence. I have one set that has the researchers' names as the term, and the year of the study as the definition. The other set of flashcards has their names and the year as the definition, and a brief summary of their findings as the definition (eg. any data or evaluative points). It should work just as well for case studies, hopefully!!

I started off not knowing any researchers at all other than Asch, Milgram and Zimbardo, but made those two sets of flashcards on Quizlet, and learnt them all within the hour :smile:
Original post by torilee
Do you use Quizlet? I haven't made a set of flashcards for memory yet, but that's how I learnt the researchers for social influence. I have one set that has the researchers' names as the term, and the year of the study as the definition. The other set of flashcards has their names and the year as the definition, and a brief summary of their findings as the definition (eg. any data or evaluative points). It should work just as well for case studies, hopefully!!

I started off not knowing any researchers at all other than Asch, Milgram and Zimbardo, but made those two sets of flashcards on Quizlet, and learnt them all within the hour :smile:

Thannk you soooooo much :smile::h: just found a really good one and going to learn them now !!! Here is the website if anybody else wants it
https://quizlet.com/61069902/memory-psychology-as-aqa-flash-cards/
Can someone explain secure,insecure resistant and insecure avoidant attachment please???
Original post by The Panic Queen
Can someone explain secure,insecure resistant and insecure avoidant attachment please???

Secure 70%
Secure is when a baby shows the following behavior
- explore happily but regularly go back to caregiver
- moderate separation distress
- moderate stranger anxiety
- joy upon re-union

Insecure resistant/ ambivalent - 15%
- seek greater proximity
- explore less
- Huge stranger anxiety
- but when mother attempts to comfort the baby resists it

Insecure avoidant - 15%
- Explore freely but do not seek proximity
- no stranger anxiety
- No joy upon re-union
- no separation anxiety
Secure 70%
Secure is when a baby shows the following behavior
- explore happily but regularly go back to caregiver
- moderate separation distress
- moderate stranger anxiety
- joy upon re-union

Insecure resistant/ ambivalent - 15%
- seek greater proximity
- explore less
- Huge stranger anxiety
- but when mother attempts to comfort the baby resists it

Insecure avoidant - 15%
- Explore freely but do not seek proximity
- no stranger anxiety
- No joy upon re-union
- no separation anxiety

Thank you!
starting to get a bit scared for this paper now :s-smilie: i hope there's no obscure 12 markers!
Can Someone explain the stages of attachment? Would be much appreciated 😊
Original post by Nimrahk123
Can Someone explain the stages of attachment? Would be much appreciated 😊

Do you mean asocial, indiscriminate, primary and multiple attachment?
Do you mean asocial, indiscriminate, primary and multiple attachment?

Yes please
Reply 57
They might throw in two 12 markers
Original post by Mina_
They might throw in two 12 markers

yep thats how its gonna be...the unit 1 paper will have 2 x 12 markers
Original post by Nimrahk123
Yes please

Basically,

Asocial (0-3 Months) = Infants are attracted to all humans.

Indiscriminate ( 3-8 Months)= Discrimination occurs but strangers are still smiled at.

Discriminate (8 + Months)= Specific attachments formed and stranger anxiety grows.

Multiple (9 Months onwards)= Multiple attachments start to form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending