The Student Room Group

Copenhagen bars tired of ‘Sharia patrols’ rampage & threats raise issue with integrat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ivybridge
Why are you trying to use my sexuality to change my opinion? It goes against their faith. They have the right to religious freedom and to an opinion. It doesn't mean they're going to enforce it. If that were the case, I would have issues with those individuals. It is as simple as that.

So you want to let in millions more who wish you could be jailed, flogged or executed for your sexuality?

Original post by Erebor
So you want to let in millions more who wish you could be jailed, flogged or executed for your sexuality?

Honestly, it is like talking to a brick wall.

No. I do not condone the way the Middle East operates and I do not condone many of the concepts under Islam. My focus is people in this country. They may believe what they believe but they cannot enforce those issues here and so quite frankly, I don't care. There are many christians and aheists in the country who want gays dead, they're just not the ones in the midst of media coverage right now.
Why are you trying to use my sexuality to change my opinion? It goes against their faith. They have the right to religious freedom and to an opinion. It doesn't mean they're going to enforce it. If that were the case, I would have issues with those individuals. It is as simple as that.

They will enforce it when they have the numbers.

Are you gay? If so, you should be the most worried about what is happening in Europe / here.
Original post by The_Opinion
They will enforce it when they have the numbers.

Are you gay? If so, you should be the most worried about what is happening in Europe / here.

No, pal. They won't.

I am gay and I shouldn't be worried because it's a completely irrational fear.
No, pal. They won't. I am gay and I shouldn't be worried because it's a completely irrational fear.
Why wont they? I really don't understand your logic, the evidence shows that they would make it illegal if they could, please help me here, I really don't understand how you can what you do, when all of the evidence points the other way.
Why wont they? I really don't understand your logic, the evidence shows that they would make it illegal if they could, please help me here, I really don't understand how you can what you do, when all of the evidence points the other way.

I don't understand yours and the fact you cannot differentiate between "if they could" and "they will". I do not dispute the evidence - you try to manipulate it into "****, this going to happen".
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zargabaath
tbf the Nords are also absolute morons to let this go on to the state it's at without sorting it out. I fear we're heading in the same direction

Yes I agree, best thing to do would be to just leave the EU. That will fix everything, always does.
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
Yes I agree, best thing to do would be to just leave the EU. That will fix everything, always does.

This is sarcasm, but it's misplaced because i don't want to leave the EU
I don't understand yours and the fact you cannot differentiate between "if they could" and "they will". I do not dispute the evidence - you try to manipulate it into "****, this going to happen".

So do you think most Muslims in the UK are happy for you to conduct your life in a gay manner?
So do you think most Muslims in the UK are happy for you to conduct your life in a gay manner?

In my honest opinion, I don't think they care very much either way. They live their life and I live mine. They have their beliefs, and I have mine, and they do not intervene as long as they are given the respect they deserve. Having an opinion that has religious foundations is not a crime and does not make somebody a bad person. They are not going out campaigning for gays to be put to death in London's streets, are they? No. They are offering an opinion through a poll and keeping it private and personal.
(edited 7 years ago)
In my honest opinion, I don't think they care very much either way. They live their life and I live mine. They have their beliefs, and I have mine, and they do not intervene as long as they are given the respect they deserve.

So even though most think that it should be made illegal, you are choosing to ignore that?
So even though most think that it should be made illegal, you are choosing to ignore that?

I am not ignoring that. I am saying it is an opinion that will never manifest. They keep it to themselves. It was offered through a poll. This does not mean they will hate on me or my community publicly and violently and as such, I could not care less.
I am not ignoring that. I am saying it is an opinion that will never manifest. They keep it to themselves. It was offered through a poll. This does not mean they will hate on me or my community publicly and violently and as such, I could not care less.

Lets put it the other way.

There is a democratic county where being gay (gay activity) is illegal.

The population of that country is 1 million people.

Then 100,000 gay people with voting rights go to that country.

Tell me, in the above situation, is the legality of gay activity more or less likely to change?

I find your thinking hard to comprehend, its like a Jew in 1946 being happy with a country importing Germans.
Lets put it the other way.

There is a democratic county where being gay (gay activity) is illegal.

The population of that country is 1 million people.

Then 100,000 gay people with voting rights go to that country.

Tell me, in the above situation, is the legality of gay activity more or less likely to change?

I find your thinking hard to comprehend, its like a Jew in 1946 being happy with a country importing Germans.

You are so difficult to reason with its unreal - you do not understand, still, the big difference between opinion and action. In this country, a discussion about making homosexuality illegal would never happen.
You are so difficult to reason with its unreal - you do not understand, still, the big difference between opinion and action. In this country, a discussion about making homosexuality illegal would never happen.

People said voting would never happen

Women's voting would never happen

That a 2nd world war would never happen

A black president would never happen

The legalisation of gay activities would never happen

Do you see where I am going with this?
People said voting would never happen

Women's voting would never happen

That a 2nd world war would never happen

A black president would never happen

The legalisation of gay activities would never happen

Do you see where I am going with this?

No because Islam is not about to unroot British history, tradition, and rule. The West would rather nuke itself before that happened. I think you're being irrational and superstitious. And the issues outlined, particularly World War Two and Women's Rights are so different.

Also, why do you think gayness was illegal in the first place (religious reasons).
Also, why do you think gayness was illegal in the first place (religious reasons).

Moral reasons, personal prejudice, religion, and because it was seen as demeaning for a man to be sexually submissive. There are many reasons.
Reply 58

You're like a Jew saying he has nothing against Nazis as long as they don't act on their ideology.

Muslims cannot enforce their barbaric beliefs about women or gays simply because they are not the majority (yet).

I bet that if there was a local referendum about making homosexuality illegal in Tower Hamlets, people there would vote yes.

Moreover, you don't necessarily need to change the law to change social behaviours. Gays or women could be frightened simply to go outside because they may be harassed by Shariah patrols or other Muslims. I bet that you don't see much gay PDA in several neighborhoods of Bradford or Rotherham. Muslims have already won in those areas.
(edited 7 years ago)
No because Islam is not about to unroot British history, tradition, and rule. The West would rather nuke itself before that happened. I think you're being irrational and superstitious. And the issues outlined, particularly World War Two and Women's Rights are so different.

What do you think is going to happen when there are more Muslims in Britain than non-Muslims?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending