The Student Room Group

Copenhagen bars tired of ‘Sharia patrols’ rampage & threats raise issue with integrat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
You're like a Jew saying he has nothing against Nazis as long as they don't act on their ideology.

Muslims cannot enforce their barbaric beliefs about women or gays simply because they are not the majority (yet).

I bet that if there was a local referendum about making homosexuality illegal in Tower Hamlets, people there would vote yes.

Moreover, you don't necessarily need to change the law to change social behaviours. Gays or women could frightened simply to go outside because they may be harassed by Shariah patrols or other Muslims. I bet that you don't see much gay PDA in Bradford or Rotherham. Muslims have already won in those areas.

That is not at all comparable to a muslim and homosexuality. Don't compare muslims to nazis and I to a Jew in that circumstance - it does not make sense. And I'm half-sick of all of these "what ifs" that are not even remotely plausible.
Original post by The_Opinion
What do you think is going to happen when there are more Muslims in Britain than non-Muslims?

I doubt that will happen.
Reply 62
Original post by ivybridge
That is not at all comparable to a muslim and homosexuality. Don't compare muslims to nazis and I to a Jew in that circumstance - it does not make sense. And I'm half-sick of all of these "what ifs" that are not even remotely plausible.

Jewishness and homosexuality are both innate features. Islam and Nazism are ideologies.

I think they are comparable.
Original post by Zargabaath
This is sarcasm, but it's misplaced because i don't want to leave the EU

No srs. Leaving da eu will defo fix all r problems nd it will defo mean all da foreignsrs will go away nd stop takn all r jabs r raping r women!
Original post by Josb
You're like a Jew saying he has nothing against Nazis as long as they don't act on their ideology.

Muslims cannot enforce their barbaric beliefs about women or gays simply because they are not the majority (yet).

I bet that if there was a local referendum about making homosexuality illegal in Tower Hamlets, people there would vote yes.

Moreover, you don't necessarily need to change the law to change social behaviours. Gays or women could frightened simply to go outside because they may be harassed by Shariah patrols or other Muslims. I bet that you don't see much gay PDA in Bradford or Rotherham. Muslims have already won in those areas.

You are 100% correct. These people don't see that we are actually trying to save them, but for our troubles we get a load of abuse, they just don't see what we see, and may not se it until its too late.
No. I do not condone the way the Middle East operates and I do not condone many of the concepts under Islam. My focus is people in this country. They may believe what they believe but they cannot enforce those issues here and so quite frankly, I don't care.

Of course they can - they get votes.

Your position would make sense if you supported an immigration policy like that of the Gulf States, where foreigners could come and work and pay taxes, but have no path to citizenship.
What do you think is going to happen when there are more Muslims in Britain than non-Muslims?

Probably not very much tbh. Unless everyone has an have an us vs them attitude, kind of like yours.
Original post by Josb
Jewishness and homosexuality are both innate features. Islam and Nazism are ideologies.

I think they are comparable.

They are not at all comparable :rofl:
Original post by Observatory

Your position would make sense if you supported an immigration policy like that of the Gulf States, where foreigners could come and work and pay taxes, but have no path to citizenship.

It would never happen.

I do think the policy should be similar.
Reply 69
You are 100% correct. These people don't see that we are actually trying to save them, but for our troubles we get a load of abuse, they just don't see what we see, and may not se it until its too late.

Because most of SJWs don't live in Muslim neighbourhoods. Most of the Muslims they know at work or university come from educated and liberal families - several of whom are also Shiites or Ahmadis. They don't realise that the majority of Sunnis that leave in these sleazy areas are everything they oppose.
It would never happen.

I do think the policy should be similar.

The proportion of the population that is Muslim is roughly doubling each decade, so it will happen in your lifetime unless this trend stops or reverses.

If you think it will stop or reverse, what do you think will happen to make it do so?

If you do believe there should be no path to citizenship for most immigrants or their children, you are already on the extreme right yourself.
Reply 71
Original post by Observatory

If only we had a citizenship test, where the applicant would be required to shake the hand of a Jew, a gay man, and a woman...
I doubt that will happen.

The % is rapidly increasing, do you think that this will magically stop?

Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
Probably not very much tbh. Unless everyone has an have an us vs them attitude, kind of like yours.

Utter, utter ignorance.
Reply 73
If only the left spoke out about this but sadly they support this

Utter, utter ignorance.

no once we leave the eu we will be ok
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
no once we leave the eu we will be ok

Not sure if trolling or not.

Leaving the EU will help to a limited amount, but most of the problem is with the UKs own making.
Why are you trying to use my sexuality to change my opinion? It goes against their faith. They have the right to religious freedom and to an opinion. It doesn't mean they're going to enforce it. If that were the case, I would have issues with those individuals. It is as simple as that.

They are, not all are being proactively violent though.

In every country were Muslims can enforce it, they do. The majority in the UK want homosexuals to be prosecuted, and if a law or party came to pass that tried to do this, they would vote for it. This is very real.

"Tower Hamlets’ gay community has become a particular target of extremists. Homophobic crimes in the borough have risen by 80 per cent since 2007/8, and by 21 per cent over the last year, a period when there was a slight drop in London as a whole.Last year, a mob of 30 young Muslims stormed a local gay pub, the George and Dragon, beating and abusing patrons. Many customers of the pub told The Sunday Telegraph that they have been attacked and harassed by local Muslim youths. In 2008 a 20-year-old student, Oli Hemsley, was left permanently paralysed after an attack by a group of young Muslims outside the pub. Only one of his assailants has been caught and jailed."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8570506/Police-covered-up-violent-campaign-to-turn-London-area-Islamic.html
The leftists would not fight anyone, at least 99.9% of them. A lot of the are skinny middle class teens and young adults who can hardly lift their own hands. The only reason they are "brave" enough to get violent now is that the police is very timid and the rest of the public want to maintain a clean criminal record.

Heck, even if the police began to look away from violence against UAF etc, that group would not show their face again after a couple of reprisals.

Well the thing about these unwashed in groups like UAF and Hope Not Hate and people like the anti-democracy thugs sorry I mean "anti-austerity protesters" is that this lot are the biggest loud mouths and the most aggressive and angry. So they seem like they have a much bigger presence than they do it reality.

They have a large presence on social media and go to protests all the time so it looks like their views have traction and are popular. But the reality is most normal people are at work or doing something else to contribute up society instead of being detriments to society like this lot. Look at the election results. They're insignificant
Original post by KimKallstrom
Well the thing about these unwashed in groups like UAF and Hope Not Hate and people like the anti-democracy thugs sorry I mean "anti-austerity protesters" is that this lot are the biggest loud mouths and the most aggressive and angry. So they seem like they have a much bigger presence than they do it reality.

They have a large presence on social media and go to protests all the time so it looks like their views have traction and are popular. But the reality is most normal people are at work or doing something else to contribute up society instead of being detriments to society like this lot. Look at the election results. They're insignificant

I agree with how they are over-represented and don't stand for the beliefs of most people, but I stand by my point regarding them running away if / when society starts to brake down.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
They are, not all are being proactively violent though.

In every country were Muslims can enforce it, they do. The majority in the UK want homosexuals to be prosecuted, and if a law or party came to pass that tried to do this, they would vote for it. This is very real.

"Tower Hamlets’ gay community has become a particular target of extremists. Homophobic crimes in the borough have risen by 80 per cent since 2007/8, and by 21 per cent over the last year, a period when there was a slight drop in London as a whole.Last year, a mob of 30 young Muslims stormed a local gay pub, the George and Dragon, beating and abusing patrons. Many customers of the pub told The Sunday Telegraph that they have been attacked and harassed by local Muslim youths. In 2008 a 20-year-old student, Oli Hemsley, was left permanently paralysed after an attack by a group of young Muslims outside the pub. Only one of his assailants has been caught and jailed."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8570506/Police-covered-up-violent-campaign-to-turn-London-area-Islamic.html

Thank you for the link, it was an interesting read. This article if anything only highlights to poor journalism / collaboration the mainstream journalists have with the MP's / terrorist sympathising groups due to their refusal to talk about these things on what should be a daily basis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending