The Student Room Group

National 5 Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethan100
What do you think the opened questions will be ?
And if it is esters what do you think it will be about ?

No idea what the questions could be, you can't really predict them. As long as you have a good knowledge of chemistry it should be fine. :smile:
Original post by ___Sophie___
No idea what the questions could be, you can't really predict them. As long as you have a good knowledge of chemistry it should be fine. :smile:

Alright Sophie, Oh and for the website you posted do the HW Booklets have answers with them ?

Whats the test for oxygen ?
Alright Sophie, Oh and for the website you posted do the HW Booklets have answers with them ?

There seems to be a document with open ended questions you can practice as well as a document which gives you advice about how to answer different types of open ended questions. The advice booklet has a couple of sample answers about questions in the specimen paper. But I don't see answers to the questions in the booklet.
Our teacher advises us to write as much relevant stuff as we can, there are many different things you can write for the open-ended questions and therefore many different ways you could gain marks. :smile:

Relights a glowing splint..

Relights a glowing splint
Oxygen : Relights a glowing splint
Hydrogen : Burns with a squeaky pop
Carbon Dioxide : Turn Limewater cloudy
Reply 27
How is everyone feeling going into the Chemistry exam?
Original post by Jay431

Chemistry is my worst and least favorite subject. I guess if I keep studying and if I get an alright paper then I'll most likely manage an A.
Reply 29
Chemistry is my worst and least favorite subject. I guess if I keep studying and if I get an alright paper then I'll most likely manage an A.

I'm the complete opposite. Chemistry is my favourite subject lol :biggrin:
Original post by Jay431

I'm pretty confident.. :smile:
Reply 31
If you check the SQA National 5 website, they have 'Course and Unit Support Notes'. If you read them, then you'll find out what experiments you'll need to know. It actually says 'details of the paywall process are not required' so you could save yourself some time!
Original post by Jay431

Chemistry is so boring! perhaps if I was better at it then I would like it more. My favourite subject is French :h:
Original post by Erin_8
If you check the SQA National 5 website, they have 'Course and Unit Support Notes'. If you read them, then you'll find out what experiments you'll need to know. It actually says 'details of the paywall process are not required' so you could save yourself some time!

Thanks, that's helpful :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Lewis H01
I'm pretty confident.. :smile:

Same here :smile: Although after that surprising Maths exam, I'm a little cautious :s-smilie:

Chemistry is so boring! perhaps if I was better at it then I would like it more. My favourite subject is French :h:

Nice.

Original post by Erin_8

I tried to read it a few months back But it was tl :-)
Original post by Jay431

lol same here it's one of my favourite subjects and I am taking it next year I have a feeling that higher chemistry is going to be beautiful :smile: - hope that doesn't sound too weird
Reply 36
Original post by studyranger
lol same here it's one of my favourite subjects and I am taking it next year I have a feeling that higher chemistry is going to be beautiful :smile: - hope that doesn't sound too weird

Lol same, Can't wait!
Anyone know any websites for chemistry practise of all units, as I have done basically every past paper?
Feeling quite confident although I much prefer biology. Just a little bit worried about open ended questions incase I don't know anything...😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lewis H01
Anyone know any websites for chemistry practise of all units, as I have done basically every past paper?

I think if you type in national 5 chemistry practice papers a website called STEM or motion something will come up and they have old Int2 and SG papers relevant to each unit in the Nat 5 course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending