The Student Room Group

Earth Science Access Course

Hey,

Anyone applied to do Earth Science at Richmond Upon Thames College for this year or has anyone ever studied the earth science access course here?
I've never heard of an earth science access course, most colleges don't do them so prospective earth scientists have to make do with the access to science course instead. Because it is such a rare course you're unlikely to find other students here. But if you want to talk to fellow Access students look in the Mature Students forum.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
I've never heard of an earth science access course, most colleges don't do them so prospective earth scientists have to make do with the access to science course instead. Because it is such a rare course you're unlikely to find other students here. But if you want to talk to fellow Access students look in the Mature Students forum.

Swansea do an access into geog then onto earth science, its my back up plan,!
Original post by mjrd
Swansea do an access into geog then onto earth science, its my back up plan,!

You would move across the country just for an Access to HE course? Where would you live? :confused:
Reply 4
Original post by Snufkin
You would move across the country just for an Access to HE course? Where would you live? :confused:

No i would not even move town for a diff uni but i am autistic and a homebird. The point i was making is that just because you had never heard of an eath science acces course does not mean you have to just do science. If the col does access to humanities with geography or sociology then thats another option. Science defo better but not necesssary if you not great at it.
Original post by mjrd
No i would not even move town for a diff uni but i am autistic and a homebird. The point i was making is that just because you had never heard of an eath science acces course does not mean you have to just do science. If the col does access to humanities with geography or sociology then thats another option. Science defo better but not necesssary if you not great at it.

Oh I thought you were the OP, got a bit confused cos he was talking about a college in London. But like I said, there are very few Access to Earth Science (or Geography) courses so most people must be content with science.
Reply 6
Original post by Snufkin
Oh I thought you were the OP, got a bit confused cos he was talking about a college in London. But like I said, there are very few Access to Earth Science (or Geography) courses so most people must be content with science.

Like i said, science defo better but humanities can work, my coll does human with sociology, but it depends on uni u want to goto later. Swansea accepts access to humanities but op would have to check out other unis. Science acces is accepted in most of them so defo better. Like you, i would go with access to science but it depends on ops skills.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending