The Student Room Group

HOW DO I REVISE IN 4 DAYS AND GET ALL As

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MiracleLeaf
You realise they're doing AS Levels?

fml 😭😂
Try using the specification to study. This way you can focus on the relevant theories. Use a paper to make a note on all the hard parts or anything you think you might not remember later. Then just do past papers. If you cant answer a question, look at the mark scheme. Once you're done, make sure you check all your answers against the mark scheme. This way, you'll recognise a general pattern in the type of answers, the key points that need to be mentioned and the mark allocations. Look through the difficult questions and the notes you made earlier before the exam.

For maths, you can quickly brush through the textbook. Make a note of any equations that need to be remembered and then do questions. Do questions by topic so you can tackle all kinds of questions possible from a particular topic before moving on to the next topic.

The most important thing is to keep yourself motivated. Keep telling yourself that you can do this. If the amount of work you have to do is overwhelming just by the thought of it, don't think about it. Tackle things one step at a time and keep going.
Don't worry, you'll be fine.. you can do this!!! Just keep visualising yourself after your exams, on a beach on a beautiful day, just relaxing, feeling confident about your performance at the exams :smile:
Original post by Lazybutorganised
well, i dont expect any sympathy from you. Theres more people that can help, thanks xxxxxxxxxxxx

Best tip is don't waste your time on this website, get revising...
Original post by RezzBerry
Try memorize as much as you can for Bio, Chem and Psychology and questions for Maths. You've left it far too late. Pray to his holy highness, the flying Spaghetti monster.

*holy noodliness
Original post by pizzanomics
I bet your mates can't wait to see your face on results day.

It's not happening, but good luck anyway.

I am almost crying with laughter!
Original post by Lazybutorganised
Ive got 4 days until my first AS exam and I am no way prepared. I am a last minute person and always cram like 2 days before. I have revised bits for each subject but i am no way confident or ready. somebody help?!?! I study Bio, Chem, Maths and psychology. I need 4 As this year, any advice and motivation? Can i do it?

From past experience I reckon its do-able, buts probs not a great start lol. (also your post really connects with my soul lol)
Reply 146
Magic!!!
yo allow the negativity mate get ur head down and start hardocre revision, in ur case u should be doing at least 10 hours a day to have a chance of getting an A, my best advice to u is that do every past paper their is and revise the mark scheme especially for bio and chem, for maths u hv to do the pp and going over the question u get wrong and re-attempting it. it is possible considering u being getting B's and that, good luck, out.
Original post by OneandOnly123
yo allow the negativity mate get ur head down and start hardocre revision, in ur case u should be doing at least 10 hours a day to have a chance of getting an A, my best advice to u is that do every past paper their is and revise the mark scheme especially for bio and chem, for maths u hv to do the pp and going over the question u get wrong and re-attempting it. it is possible considering u being getting B's and that, good luck, out.

Why do you have to type in that format?
I have:
Geography. (Edexcel)
English Lit. (OCR)
English Language. (OCR)
Religious Studies. (Edexcel)
In 2 days.

I think I have done about 50 hours in total revision up till now.

I have 2 days and 16 hours to revise for geography and 3 days for RS.

My target is straight B's or BBCC. Is this acheivable?
Original post by ThatGuyJosh
Why do you have to type in that format?

lool what r u on about?
lool what r u on about?

Haha. "What ' r ' ' u ' on about?" Fair enough with ' lol '. But please just say ' are ' and ' you '.
not gonna lie you've left it wayy too late... You can't possibly get all As now unless you are an unbelievable genius
I got all As for AS (and A*AAA at A2) just by cramming. For AS, each of my exams were spaced about 3-4 days apart, so I would spend the days between each exam cramming that particular subject, starting at about 5am. cramming. But to be honest, I did consistent work throughout the year, so I already was pretty prepared even before I started revising (My revision consisted of doing millions of past papers, memorising mark schemes and rewriting syllabuses). It was pretty intense but I work better under pressure lol. Up until a week before exams there wasn't much motivation to revise.
Original post by eg1472
not gonna lie you've left it wayy too late... You can't possibly get all As now unless you are an unbelievable genius

What about ABBC?
Haha. "What ' r ' ' u ' on about?" Fair enough with ' lol '. But please just say ' are ' and ' you '.

go get a life, wasteman do 1
go get a life, wasteman do 1

KYS!
KYS!

go suck ur mum
go suck ur mum

Ahahah I knew you would say that. All I'm saying is there is a time to speak slang; and there are times where you should propose your ideas in proper English.
Ahahah I knew you would say that. All I'm saying is there is a time to speak slang; and there are times where you should propose your ideas in proper English.

did u also know that i was gonna say **** YOU

Quick Reply

Latest