The Student Room Group

Help: Rollercoasters

I will soon be going on holiday to a theme park resort in europe. I am normally a bit of a wuss when it comes to stuff like fair rides e.g. spinny rides but i am unsure on how i will be like on roller coasters like whether i will get sick or generally be scared out of my skin. advice on what i should do appreciated
Don't eat a tonne of sugary foods or drink before you get on, you'll be more likely to be sick. Maybe take some motion sickness tablets on the day.
As for being scared, can't help you. Just rationalise your fears.
Original post by greggbastock1
I will soon be going on holiday to a theme park resort in europe. I am normally a bit of a wuss when it comes to stuff like fair rides e.g. spinny rides but i am unsure on how i will be like on roller coasters like whether i will get sick or generally be scared out of my skin. advice on what i should do appreciated

Port aventura?

1) Dont eat before you go on :biggrin:
2) These rides have been made for people to have fun on and enjoy, they aren't made to scare you. So just see it as something you are going to enjoy as that's what its been made for :smile:
Slightly OT but I have always wondered why they cant make train routes into roller coaster rides. Would liven up the daily commute a bit. We could still use regular trains for the bores.
Reply 5
Original post by cherryred90s
Port aventura?

yes i think thats it
Reply 6
Original post by SophieSmall
Don't eat a tonne of sugary foods or drink before you get on, you'll be more likely to be sick. Maybe take some motion sickness tablets on the day.
As for being scared, can't help you. Just rationalise your fears.

thanks
yes i think thats it

Are you going to salou, Spain? If so then it's probably port aventura. I've been and trust me, you'll have a blast!
Original post by Laomedeia
Slightly OT but I have always wondered why they cant make train routes into roller coaster rides. Would liven up the daily commute a bit. We could still use regular trains for the bores.

And you wouldn't mind being on a roller coaster for as long as the journey was? Which could be 1hr+? good idea in theory :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by cherryred90s
Are you going to salou, Spain? If so then it's probably port aventura. I've been and trust me, you'll have a blast!

yes it is. never really done any of the roller coaster thing before so just a bit apprehensive but ill take your word for it!

Quick Reply