The Student Room Group

What were they thinking? "Terror Attack" at 5* French Hotel

As a publicity stunt...

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/14/publicity-stunt-terror-attack-cannes-hotel-du-cap

3657.jpg

A fake terrorist attack has panicked guests at the HΓ΄tel du Cap, the five-star luxury hotel frequented by celebrity guests during the Cannes film festival.The β€˜attack’, which was in fact a stunt by a French internet company, happened yesterday, Friday the 13th. Six men in matching helmets and military-style utility vests approached the hotel’s dock via boat, before one of them began marching up the steps towards frightened guests...
(edited 7 years ago)
In answer to your question, ....publicity.
Reply 2
Original post by caravaggio2
In answer to your question, ....publicity.

I'm sure it will make them very attractive to their "target" customers... (ultra high net worth individuals love to be subjected to the prospect of terrorism and kidnapping, like everyone else).

I think they might have, er, shot themselves in the foot with this stunt.
(edited 7 years ago)
Disgusting.
Isn't that more of an invasion launched by a military than a terrorist attack?
Original post by Woody_Pigeon
Isn't that more of an invasion launched by a military than a terrorist attack?

Depends on your perspective doesn't it. All looks the same to those on the receiving end.
Original post by donutellme
Depends on your perspective doesn't it. All looks the same to those on the receiving end.

Oh definitely. A group of people armed, armoured and charging in is terrifying no matter where it originates.
So it was an unofficial drill?
Reply 8
Original post by Dodgypirate
So it was an unofficial drill?

No.
It was a publicity stunt by a French company to promote their website.

To death...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
No.
It was a publicity stunt by a French company to promote their website.

To death...

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I was a super rich i'd definitely invest my money in these idiots. They clearly won't take unnecessary risks with it that might land me in jail.

Quick Reply

Latest