The Student Room Group

Accounting 13th of May 2016 (edexcel igcse)

Hello,
How did you go?
Does anyone have the answers to the paper?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Loukas P.
Hello,
How did you go?
Does anyone have the answers to the paper?

Quite a hard paper, what was the balance sheet figure
Reply 2
i think 520000 or 540000. I got around that much but i cant remember the answer.
It was just for 6 marks right? and they gave such less space
They gave such less space. I got 530,000 as my net asset, but it didnt tally, the total of my shareholders funds was 533,000. Everyone else got the same thing. but then there wasnt any space for shareholders fund so lol idk
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Idk man . Was it hard ? Maybe i messed it up ! I couldn't match the B/S and made mistake on the ''markup'' question .
Overall , what was the feedback from other people ? Was it a hard one ?
Reply 5
How much were the sales for the year on the mark-up questions?
How much were the sales for the year on the mark-up questions?

240,000/x * 100 = 25%
x was cost of sales which i found as 600 i think. Then added it to GP to get sales. 240,600. I hope its right.
Reply 7
I gt my balance in balance sheet as 530000 and it balanced
Original post by Harsh00
I gt my balance in balance sheet as 530000 and it balanced

What amounts did you take in shareholders funds?
Reply 9
Original post by fatoopower
What amounts did you take in shareholders funds?

I had subtracted 3000 accruals from the net profit of the current year because it said the net profit was before any adjustments...
My net profit came upto 560,000 i think and it didn't balance:/ and i found my mark up by doing 25% into the gross profit which was 240,000 right, and then subtracted 240,000 from my answer and used that:/ it was kinda confusing overall
Reply 11
I hope the mark boundary will lower a lil bit .
Oh god q12 was messed up......am i the only one who messed up tht sales question in the mark up thingy??? Idk why i had to convert mark up to margin to find sales directly and got such a big amnt( i got 1,200,000!!!! -____-)......i hope it's right
Nah my balance sheet balanced i realised later tht i missed proposed dividends and luckily i did the balance sheet with a pencil first
i hope the grade boundaries are low and THEORY QUESTIONS WERE LESS THIS YEAR
Reply 13
Balance I gt 530000 and it balanced
Reply 14
Original post by iHeartNovels_<3
Oh god q12 was messed up......am i the only one who messed up tht sales question in the mark up thingy??? Idk why i had to convert mark up to margin to find sales directly and got such a big amnt( i got 1,200,000!!!! -____-)......i hope it's right
Nah my balance sheet balanced i realised later tht i missed proposed dividends and luckily i did the balance sheet with a pencil first
i hope the grade boundaries are low and THEORY QUESTIONS WERE LESS THIS YEAR

Yes you are right sales is 1200000
Hey guys you get a mark for mentioning the formula or something right? i mean i don't think its both marks just for that one figure.
Hey guys in thenfrst question you were supposed to deduct trade discount from the sales and sales return right?
Reply 17
Answers for the question "he offers trade discount to all of her customers. give reasons why he does that." ??
Can someone tell me their purchases figure in the control acc?
Answers for the question "he offers trade discount to all of her customers. give reasons why he does that." ??

Increase bulk purchase, increase sales, etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending