The Student Room Group

Anyone not had MMR?

I'm going to uni this September and haven't had MMR and I'm paranoid that I'm going to get one of the illnesses but also don't really want to have the vaccination. Any advice?
I had to confirm I had had it to live in halls. You may we be encouraged to get it. I see no reason why you can't arrange it with your gp.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If there is no genuine medical reason for you not to have the MMR, please contact your GP to arrange to have it as soon as possible, as you will need to have two doses a month or so apart (I speak as a parent here☺). Have a look at the information here:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/pages/mmr-vaccine-when-needed.aspx

If you haven't already had the latest Meningitis vaccine you can ask the surgery to arrange for you to have that as well.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm going to uni this September and haven't had MMR and I'm paranoid that I'm going to get one of the illnesses but also don't really want to have the vaccination. Any advice?

I think they won't let you live in the halls if you don't get it. If you aren't going to live in the halls, you don't need it.
Original post by Anonymous

Just get it done. I avoided it and then had mumps and it was the single most painful few weeks of my life. I felt like my head was going to explode. It's not worth putting it off and it helps those around you who can't be vaccinated for whatever reason.

Quick Reply

Latest