The Student Room Group

Muslim girls future lifestyle

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Wait you're a woman? Rather refreshing attitude, a lot of work is completely unrewarding so I haven't a clue why so many people rush out to fight for it as their God given right. It always seems to focus on 'I can become the president now', not really since there still hasn't been one, and women worked in congress in the 1940s already.

I have no idea why people seem to think education isn't consistent with this position either, women 60 years ago may not have had gentleman skills but they did have a lot more manual and social skills.

Yes I am a woman :-)

People want work because it = money, cars, house, material goods, and everyone wats those. Look on Instagram and the new hype is girls buying themselves expensive cars, makeup, designer shoes etc. And they buy it for themselves and show that loud and proud lol.

Some hope to be Hillary Clinton 2.0, and they might get far actually. STEM feilds are in LOVE with women now, so lots more are doing those intense subjects like physics and maths and putting off marraige until later in life and continuing their careers whilst having a family.

I'd just be happy with two cute faces calling me mommy and baking (not being lazy!). Weird, yes, and it seems from this thread that I'm not alone.
Maybe I'll get a job that means I can work from home. Best of both worlds :h:
My uni cleaner did.

i have no clue what is your point :colonhash:
Original post by fatima1998
i have no clue what is your point :colonhash:

'I wouldn't want to clean'
'Who works as a cleaner'
'Someone who works as a cleaner'

^^^^
'I wouldn't want to clean'
'Who works as a cleaner'
'Someone who works as a cleaner'

^^^^

are you high? :colone:

Force. Forcing her not to work. It sounds controlling and manipulating, like you want to keep her in the house so she doesn't meet other guys or something.

There should always be a choice.

In Islam you can't work in a mixed environment as it's likely to lead to haram. Yeah there is a choice, but it all depends on what kind of guy she decides to marry. All these questions are discussed beforehand. Not after marriage.
Pick up a part time job.
Original post by VioletFeather
Yes I am a woman :-)

People want work because it = money, cars, house, material goods, and everyone wats those. Look on Instagram and the new hype is girls buying themselves expensive cars, makeup, designer shoes etc. And they buy it for themselves and show that loud and proud lol.

Some hope to be Hillary Clinton 2.0, and they might get far actually. STEM feilds are in LOVE with women now, so lots more are doing those intense subjects like physics and maths and putting off marraige until later in life and continuing their careers whilst having a family.

I'd just be happy with two cute faces calling me mommy and baking (not being lazy!). Weird, yes, and it seems from this thread that I'm not alone.
Maybe I'll get a job that means I can work from home. Best of both worlds :h:

Couldn't care less about them actually, would rather go to Burma or something than buy a car to show off. I feel like we've been distracted from things that actually matter in a way? I don't want to sound like some old reactionary but speaking factually, most jobs are not STEM or presidents, they are not very rewarding, they are long, tedious and difficult. Would rather give women the choice of staying at home and having a comfier life, travel, look after children and dabble in the things that interest them.

I don't want to sound unambitious either I just value more spiritual pursuits (in a non religious way), like if I became the Prime Minister I would want to do so because of duty not money, power or show off.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fatima1998
are you high? :colone:

In intelligence? Yes :tongue:
You are 100% normal. Our new society now looks down on girls like us as some weird people when a few centuries ago we would be normal lol.
I'm one of those girls that doesn't want to be a work person and more of a stay at home with the kids sort of person e.g. a housewife. It is much more rewarding.

My thoughts:

Try to get good grades at school anyways. You never know what could happen to your husband in the future. You may need to work at some point to support your family.

Learn how to be a wife. It's not too early to start. Learn how to cook a few good recipies, and keep your room clean - soon you'll be keeping your house clean :-)

Be a pleasant and caring person.

If you're going to be a housewife e.g. get married and not work outside of the house, that doesn't mean you get to be a lazy slob. If I was a guy married to a wife that stayed at home, I would want her to do all the things I couldn't do.

It seems like most guys wouldn't want to marry at this age but there may be a few.

Make sure you stay healthy, good diet and exercise, practice a loving smile, and dress respectably but well, especially in feminine clothes. I know looks aren't everything but you wouldn't go into an interview like you were dressed for the beach, would you? This will also make you more aproachable.

Even though you don't want to become a career person, you still need to be wise. Follow the news, read a lot, pursue interest and hobbies apart from regular school.

Apart from that you may just accept that you're going to have to work. It is the way the world works now, ladies don't get to stay at home anymore. Your boyfriend may also not want to get married until you are 30, everyone gets married late these days.

Good luck :-)

Quite reasonable.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone, I thought I'd post this anonymously.
Basically if like some advice cause I'm a bit confused. Im a Muslim Asian girl and I'm eighteen years old, I have a different set of ideas as to the way I'd like to live my life to other girls my age. Like I'm not that into working and stuff, and I'd rather just go uni and then not work, only being educated as a back up like if I really need to work one day.Thing is I want to get married and have kids, that's what I want to do, and I don't really want to work. But my mother has told me I have to work because no one can afford anything otherwise, but can't I not work and just stay at home and cook and clean and my husband go to work? Do people still do that?
Also I don't know how I'd find someone because I don't know many people, so that's a problem as well.
But I'm getting depressed at the moment, cause I really don't want to work that much, I don't mind a degree that's interesting but straight after that I want marriage. No one seems to understand, am I abnormal?

Sure, but don't expect any luxuries in life.
Original post by Leukocyte
In Islam you can't work in a mixed environment as it's likely to lead to haram. Yeah there is a choice, but it all depends on what kind of guy she decides to marry. All these questions are discussed beforehand. Not after marriage.

In which case this is fine, I know that many people when reading that would presume it simply meant the husband had total authority, which is why I compared it to rape.
Original post by Leukocyte

How does a Muslim man earn money then? How do we also keep segregation a thing then (e.g. if a woman wants to see a female G.P?)
Original post by Zayn is Bae

If you marry a rich man you'll do way better than working 40 years.
If you don't, you'll probably live a more rewarding life looking after children or family than working a crap job. Suppose it depends on what you mean by luxuries, all that work so you can buy a 5,000 pound handbag or something?

Just my two cents.
If you marry a rich man you'll do way better than working 40 years.
If you don't, you'll probably live a more rewarding life looking after children or family than working a crap job. Suppose it depends on what you mean by luxuries, all that work so you can buy a 5,000 pound handbag or something?

Just my two cents.

This is no certainty. If you're shallow enough to expect to marry a rich man, then you better hope you're bloody beautiful to attract someone equally as shallow.

I see your argument, and i'm probably slightly inclined to agree with it to be honest, but OP sounds young and therefore immature/not too clued up on how the world works. One day she could wake up, and look at things completely different, both sides have to be put forward for consideration.
Original post by s_ahmed2
You're not abnormal at all.

In Islam the man has to provide for his wife and she is not required to work. I know many people including myself who would want a wife like that. So dw there are plenty of people with the same views.

Posted from TSR Mobile

May I ask why? I can't stand the thought of being financially dependant on someone else.
Hello everyone, I thought I'd post this anonymously.
Basically if like some advice cause I'm a bit confused. Im a Muslim Asian girl and I'm eighteen years old, I have a different set of ideas as to the way I'd like to live my life to other girls my age. Like I'm not that into working and stuff, and I'd rather just go uni and then not work, only being educated as a back up like if I really need to work one day.Thing is I want to get married and have kids, that's what I want to do, and I don't really want to work. But my mother has told me I have to work because no one can afford anything otherwise, but can't I not work and just stay at home and cook and clean and my husband go to work? Do people still do that?
Also I don't know how I'd find someone because I don't know many people, so that's a problem as well.
But I'm getting depressed at the moment, cause I really don't want to work that much, I don't mind a degree that's interesting but straight after that I want marriage. No one seems to understand, am I abnormal?

Im very sure that there are guys out there who wouldnt mind at all if you chose to not work and instead look after the kids, home and husband. They would like it. I wouldnt mind either. To be honest, your outlook on life and your future lifestyle is pretty lovely and sweet. And its not like your husband will keep you locked at home, right? A good husband will also take you out in his spare time. A part time job wouldnt be a problem either if you want. Do what feels best for you and your family.
Original post by Zayn is Bae

That doesn't make sense at all. Being a housewife or focusing more on a marraige and kids, which is what the OP wants, is fine.
It is worthy of luxuries and praise almost like working for hours and hours everyday. It is hard work, it is a commitment.

Plus if the guy she loves loves her back and appreciates her, he will help provide the 'luxuries'.
(edited 7 years ago)
May I ask why? I can't stand the thought of being financially dependant on someone else.

Men have certain rights and women have certain rights. They are different for both men and women. However marriage is all about comprimise and the more comprimise there is the better.

Are you asking about why I personally would not want my wife not to work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Find a man who wants the same as you. He can be the worker and you can be the stay at home full time yummy mummy

If you cant do that, you will need to find work
That doesn't make sense at all. Being a housewife or focusing more on a marraige and kids, which is what the OP wants, is fine.
It is worthy of luxuries and praise almost like working for hours and hours everyday. It is hard work, it is a commitment.

Ok, but this has no relevance to what I actually said

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending