The Student Room Group

Leaving NHS funded degree to do another degree

I am considering leaving my Adult Nursing course at the end of this year- so I would have completed 2 years. This is currently being funded through a NHS Bursary.
I want to reapply to university to do a non-health related course which will be 3 years long.

How does this effect my Student Loan application? Will I be entitled to funding for my new course (tuition fees and maintenance loan) or will I be partly funded?
From my understanding, the SLC will fund 2 more years of study for me and I will have to fund the remaining year of my degree myself (so tuition fees and maintenance loan)?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by magicmonkey
I am considering leaving my Adult Nursing course at the end of this year- so I would have completed 2 years. This is currently being funded through a NHS Bursary.
I want to reapply to university to do a non-health related course which will be 3 years long.

How does this effect my Student Loan application? Will I be entitled to funding for my new course (tuition fees and maintenance loan) or will I be partly funded?
From my understanding, the SLC will fund 2 more years of study for me and I will have to fund the remaining year of my degree myself (so tuition fees and maintenance loan)?

Thank you :smile:

As far as SLC told me any time on a nhs course is treated the same as a non nhs course, so be prepared to only get 2 years of funding and to possibly have to fund the 1st year yourself. But call them to be sure
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
As far as SLC told me any time on a nhs course is treated the same as a non nhs course, so be prepared to only get 2 years of funding and to possibly have to fund the 1st year yourself. But call them to be sure

You're right. I called them today and I would get 2 years more funding. I best start saving :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending