The Student Room Group

Pens in exams

I've always used black gel-like pens for exams, never had any problems, but recently I've started using a second pen the same type but blue, helps for cancelling/substituting and essentially highlighting parts of equations/results i'm going to need later on in the question, so would that be acceptable in an exam?or would they get suspicious that i'm randomly changing between a bright blue pen and black? input would be great.
i think it would be great if u start with a same pen and end with it back or blue no worries but it should not be arubber pen!!! :wink:
As long as you don't write your answers with the blue pen, I think its fine to use it elsewhere. The reason they tell you to use black is because all of the exam papers get scanned in before they're sent to examiners and blue ink doesn't usually show up very well.
[QUOTE=jessyjellytot14;64796801]As long as you don't write your answers with the blue pen, I think its fine to use it elsewhere. The reason they tell you to use black is because all of the exam papers get scanned in before they're sent to examiners and blue ink doesn't usually show up very well.

i did my Cie English paper nd it said i can us e blue or black!!!!!
Original post by shahida sulaiman
i did my Cie English paper nd it said i can us e blue or black!!!!!

Damn, you're a gonner :/ that's an instant U grade!!!!!
[QUOTE=iMacJack;64796953]Damn, you're a gonner :/ that's an instant U grade!!!!!whaaaat dude don't scare me i was doing the paper in front of the teachers nd they didnt stop me nd its written in clear bold letters dark blue or black ......:frown: on the paper
Original post by shahida sulaiman
whaaaat dude don't scare me i was doing the paper in front of the teachers nd they didnt stop me nd its written in clear bold letters dark blue or black ......:frown:

Breathe I was joking :P
[QUOTE=iMacJack;64797121]Breathe I was joking :P
o my god !!!! u just scared the hell out of me :gasp::giggle::eek3::eek4:

Quick Reply

Latest