The Student Room Group

Buss1 2016 predictions

What are everyone's predictions for the exam next Thursday?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by s.x.x.a
What are everyone's predictions for the exam next Thursday?

check the spec, and see which topics have not come up. They will HAVE to ask the questions which have not come up as the point of a spec is to test every part of it
Reply 2
Original post by imran_
check the spec, and see which topics have not come up. They will HAVE to ask the questions which have not come up as the point of a spec is to test every part of it

I've checked :smile: I feel they might be a bit harsh considering this is the last paper with the old spec so very unpredictable!
Reply 3
Original post by s.x.x.a
I've checked :smile: I feel they might be a bit harsh considering this is the last paper with the old spec so very unpredictable!

any topics which have not come up in the past?
and no papers do not work like that.
exam papers are usually made 1 and a half years before they get released.
However grade bounadries will be high due to everyone resitting this paper will be a resit.

what did you get last year>?
Reply 4
Original post by imran_
any topics which have not come up in the past?
and no papers do not work like that.
exam papers are usually made 1 and a half years before they get released.
However grade bounadries will be high due to everyone resitting this paper will be a resit.

what did you get last year>?

What topics haven't come up in a while? I got a B on BUSS1
Reply 5
Original post by s.x.x.a
What topics haven't come up in a while? I got a B on BUSS1

take a look for yourself. Look at every past paper and see what topics have never been asked
Reply 6
I think break even and added value, not sure about the 15 markers though!!
Reply 7
Original post by s.x.x.a
I think break even and added value, not sure about the 15 markers though!!

im hoping break even comes up as the 15 marker
Reply 8
Original post by imran_
im hoping break even comes up as the 15 marker

Same!! I think break even graph could come up!!
is everyone prepared for this exam????
Reply 10
Reply 11
Original post by 28/01/2016
is everyone prepared for this exam????

Yes!! What do you think is going to come on the paper?
Reply 12
Praying for a paper full of finance questions
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Lopop
Praying for a paper full of finance questions

2014 was very finance based
Original post by s.x.x.a
Yes!! What do you think is going to come on the paper?

Not quite sure but i reckon the focus could be: Franchise, Legal Structures, Bank Overdraft, Market Research, Employees & Business Planning (Budgeting, forecasting)

Well that's near enough the full spec.... hahaha
Hi everyone, I am a student and I am doing this exam tomorrow. By just reading the case study given to us. We can see that the first 10 mark question is going to be about a business plan relating to expansion. The question 4 which is research task b, can be about whether they should expand or not. I would suggest you guys to know how to structure your answers.

My prediction:
Question 1: Drawing on your pre-examination research, analyse two reasons why SYS should produce a business plan for the new expansion venture. (10 marks.)
Question 4: Using your pre-examination research and all the information available to you, analyse the case for and against SYS's decision to expand into Birmingham area. Do you agree with this decision? You should justify your decision. (16 Marks)

I have been practicing these questions for a long time now. Every time I do them I get full marks.

The structure I use is this:
Question 1:
Definition (2 marks)
A point on why they should produce a business plan (3 marks)
Another point (3 marks)
Conclusion (2 marks)

Question 4:
Definition (2 marks)
One point for (3 marks)
Another point for (3 marks)
One point against (3 marks)
Another point against (3 marks)
Conclusion (2 marks)

The formulas you need for the exams are:
Break even= Fixed costs divided by average selling price - variable cost.
Total cost= Fixed + Variable Cost.
Revenue= Average selling price x quantity sold.
Profit= revenue - Total costs.

Hope I helped you guys out, good luck with the exam. If you guys have any information you would like to share, please do so. And if there is anything you guys want to ask me, feel free to ask. Thank you
Reply 16
Not being funny but are you sitting the same buss1 as me?? Because I have no idea what you're talking about 'research theme' I'm sure BUSS 1 has 2 questions
1= 20 marks
2= 40 marks
All based on a case study we don't see before the exam?!?
You have made me seriously anxious fml
Reply 17
I need an A on this buss1 paper, I'm hoping the case study is all financial based

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imran_
I need an A on this buss1 paper, I'm hoping the case study is all financial based

Posted from TSR Mobile

If its more finance based can we get application marks for incorporating calculations such as calculating interest charged on a loan?
Reply 19
Original post by 28/01/2016
If its more finance based can we get application marks for incorporating calculations such as calculating interest charged on a loan?

Yes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest