The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology Unit 6 IAL (WBIO6)/ May 13th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Do you put the eggs in a test tube and then place it in the incubator?
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
Hey Guys! We can discuss the paper here. How was it?

Hey did you put the eggs in a test tube before placing them in the incubator?
Original post by A level 89
Do you put the eggs in a test tube and then place it in the incubator?

I wrote about putting them in a tray and slightly cover them with soil and then put them in an incubator at a specific temperature and humidity
(edited 7 years ago)
Was keeping the eggs in thermostatically controlled waterbath a good idea? or no? I didnt use soil
Can the frequency of yoga be used as hours of yoga?
Did you guys calculate mean for each apple variety or mean for traditional apples and mean for modern apples? as the question said present raw data and TWO means
Original post by Nabeeha7
Was keeping the eggs in thermostatically controlled waterbath a good idea? or no? I didnt use soil

That would be a limitation for your experiment cause it said it in the text that lizards cover their eggs with soil
Did you guys calculate mean for each apple variety or mean for traditional apples and mean for modern apples? as the question said present raw data and TWO means

I did a mean for each apple and then an overall mean for traditional apples and an overall for modern
Original post by A level 89
Hey did you put the eggs in a test tube before placing them in the incubator?

So sorry for the late reply. No, I didn't put the eggs in a test tube. It's because the question said that the female lizards bury the eggs directly in the soil. In order to provide the exact habitat or conditions for the hatching to take place, the experiment being conducted must involve the process of burying the eggs too.

This is how to do it. :

Table Bio Unit 6.png

Yes you can.
Original post by saifhijazeen
It's wrong to do a differentiation investigation as we were asked to study the affect of the frequency of attendance on the vital capacity. We were supposed to investigate the claim that the more the athlete attends the better the results.
It had to be a correlation investigation, number of classes per week is definitely continuous data, so proper statistical test is spearman's rank or PMCC,
Dependent variable is only the % change in vital capacity, change itself most probably won't get you the mark.

If you see every marking scheme, they give you the option for a statistical test to be any of the aforementioned, depending on your approach.
There is no definitive answer, it depends on your interpretation of how you wish to establish the effects of yoga on vital capacity, the question itself didn't explicitly state that it had to do with the frequency of yoga.
Further, I am not sure how you made your data continuous because amongst most of the people on this thread, and my friends who approached the experiment in this manner, a t-test was used, and bar graph was chosen as they compared levels of yoga e.g. 1 day, 2 days etc. It isn't possible to have classes e.g. 1-3 days, that would make it a continuous variable.
any chemistry unit 6 thread or anyone have notes on it .
Original post by Agarshanan
any chemistry unit 6 thread or anyone have notes on it .

Here is the thread : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4079863
Reply 114
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
This is how to do it. :

Table Bio Unit 6.png

mean for modern and traditional is also correct.
Reply 115

i did the same thing. i wonder if it is acceptable :s-smilie:
Original post by PlayerBB
You should not lose marks for that, there was two ways to describe the experiment, either comparing between people who attended yoga and people who didn't attend or as the frequency of classes increase, the VC increase with people who didn't attend yoga classses as a control. In your case, you should draw a bar graph but in the other case you should draw a linear or scatter graph

However, you might lose a mark for not writing that the frequency of yoga classes was in days

Posted from TSR Mobile

God bless you! :') i was so sad and depressed in the last 3 days and i was like too hopeless for the next exams.. just praying so that they do not cut my marks here because i explained it quite logically.
Is Cr3+ blue or purple?
Original post by ssshah2
Is Cr3+ blue or purple?

Blue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mahdia Akter
God bless you! :') i was so sad and depressed in the last 3 days and i was like too hopeless for the next exams.. just praying so that they do not cut my marks here because i explained it quite logically.

I am glad I was able to help!! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending