The Student Room Group

Lesbian bff.....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
And as to being disappointed that she didn't tell you earlier, for one, she might not have known herself. Sometimes it takes a person time to figure out who they are. Two, she may have been suppressing it out of fear that her friends and family would reject her. Your behaviour is inexcusable. Just because she's gay doesn't change anything about her as a person.
No. If someone says something about islam they are not islamaphobes but i am a homophobe?
Original post by sfaraj
oh no! please dont talk to me pumntinggg(!)

Our friendship has to end, or else I might accidentally have sex with you. soz
Original post by Anonymous
So after being friends with her for 8 goddamn years(!!!!!) she decides to come out. Don't get me wrong, im not homophobic but i don't feel comfortable with my best friend being a lesbian. Im not starting to think she tried to hit on me at one point in life and i probably didnt even notice!!!

I'm so lost and so disappointed she couldnt tell me earlier - did she not trust me enough or something?? I feel like i cant asking her for 'boy advice' anymore as she will tell me not to date them because she is into me secretly........ Ive tried to hint to her that im not ok anymore being such close friends. ive avoided her in school and she did notice but didnt make the link....

Has anyone bean in such situation?

You're concerned about her not trusting you before, when you reward her recent candidness with a cold shoulder?
Get over yourself. I've been in your situation before and was like you. Then you see that they haven't really changed at all and that they are still the same person. I'm still friends with her, although she annoys me more by stealing my food than anything else. People can like whoever they want to.

Just tell her that you only see her as a friend.
Reply 45
No. If someone says something about islam they are not islamaphobes but i am a homophobe?

A bad comparison. Gay people are born gay. Religious people choose to be religious. Religion is a concept and so everyone has a right to criticize it. People who throw the term ''Islamophobia'' around are just crybabies.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pumbting
Our friendship has to end, or else I might accidentally have sex with you. soz

im sorry it had to end this way :frown: but you know, when you have sex with me i cant say no, cos you know, humans dont have that ability

technically its rape cos no consent innit

I find it hilarious how you never respond to anyone's arguments
probably because you have no counter because there isn't one sweetheart :kiss:
Reply 48

Let me simply it for you, if someone says "I'm not a racist, I'm just not comfortable with having black friends" then they're still a racist.
jfc is this a joke. I want to laugh but this is really sad. Your best friend came out to you, and instead of being supportive and thankful that she trusted you enough to tell you this very personal and private thing, you ignore her. you disgust me. this is probably one of the most selfish ways you could have reacted. It's not about you. She's not asking you out. She doesn't fancy you (I hope, for her sake). Even if she did, you would politely say 'Sorry, I'm not into girls'. That's it. You don't treat her any differently to the way you did before you knew she was lesbian. Unless she explicitly asks you out, don't assume she likes you in a romantic sense. You don't really have the right to claim that you 'don't feel comfortable with your best friend being a lesbian'. That's really shitty. She's your best friend of 8 years, so I hope you act like it and go and apologise for avoiding her.
Genuine question what kind of friend are you? She's decided to come out as a lesbian after all those years- something which takes guts and you're avoiding her? As someone else on here as said, you're acting the way she dreaded. You're not being supportive.

And get over yourself. I can't stand people like you who think girls who like girls will like every single female they come across. She probably doesn't like you and I hope she doesn't. You sound incredibly immature and not that supportive at all. I hope she finds a better friend tbh.
Original post by sfaraj
im sorry it had to end this way :frown: but you know, when you have sex with me i cant say no, cos you know, humans dont have that ability

technically its rape cos no consent innit

Yeah it's ok I accidentally fall into everyone's vagina 😕 happens all the time but thanks for being a gr8 m8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yo, this happened to me
I finally come out, and people start thinking I'm into every girl I look at

Thats not how it works. This girl knows your straight so therefore won't even try to got there, even if she wants to. She can still be good at giving boy advice, since she had to pretend to be straight so long, like she'll still know the basics of what makes a good boyfriend, she's just not attracted to them
You should stop avoiding her, she's probably regretting coming out because she's now lost her best friend, but tbh, if you don't accept her for who she is, she's probably better off without you
it's so weird and lame how people think gay people automatically fancy everyone and also are kind of perverts
Do you not have any male friends because you're afraid they'll hit on you?
(edited 7 years ago)
My best friend likes people of the same gender. I was one of the first people she told. By doing that, she showed me that she trusted me.
Your friend has just displayed their trust for you, and you go and decide that she is no longer worthy of being your friend? She's still the same person that she always was. Just because she's into girls doesn't mean she's into you.

She might not have told you earlier because she was trying to be sure of herself and she was scared. My friend, for example, is in a religious family and she had always been in an environment where being in the LGBT community isn't really that accepted, so she didn't want to accept herself for a long time. It's hard when there's nobody to turn to because nobody knows. She decided to tell you because she trusted you and thought that you would be the best choice to give her advice.

What your pal needs right now is acceptance. Not fear. And certainly not for her best friend to leave her. Please realise what a mistake you're making, because if you really insist on doing this, maybe you don't deserve her as a friend.
Tell her you haven't bean a good friend and she should find a decent human bean to be friends with.
i dont care about gays but i had a right to know from the beginning

stop twisting everything i say!!!!!!!

Im sorry but WHAT? YOU have a right to know who the hell do you think you are get your bloody head out of your ass and stop thinking of how "important" you are. There may have been many factors that prevented her from telling you. Just don't automatically assume that because she came to the realisation that she is a lesbian that you are the first person she needs to tell. Jeez stop thinking your so high and mighty. :mad:
Original post by morgan8002
Tell her you haven't bean a good friend and she should find a decent human bean to be friends with.

well played
i dont care about gays but i had a right to know from the beginning

stop twisting everything i say!!!!!!!

Yoo, I'm sorry but you don't have a "right" to know what someone's sexuality is, just because you're supposedly her best friend (Imma use that term loosely bc really, you're acting like a self centered idiot right now)
Her sexuality is not something she can control; you don't decide to be gay or straight or whatever. You are really ignorant if you think you deserve to know

(Also, it's not twisting what you say, what you're saying is just that stupid)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending