The Student Room Group

Do AS Levels Matter If You're Doing A2?

I'm doing A-levels for Film Studies, English Language and Creative Writing. Do the AS levels (year 1) matter if you're doing the A2 ones next year. They said it's only the A2 which decide your mark. Is that right? Thanks!
Reply 1
If it's on the new spec then your AS levels don't count towards A2. However, teachers use your AS results for your A2 predictions (which universities see) so you still need to do really well. Pretend that they do count.
Original post by todaywiththeCJB
I'm doing A-levels for Film Studies, English Language and Creative Writing. Do the AS levels (year 1) matter if you're doing the A2 ones next year. They said it's only the A2 which decide your mark. Is that right? Thanks!

It's true that your a level grades will only be dependent on how well you did in your second year. But unis like to look at your AS grades since those are a good indicator on how well you will perform.
I say try your best in your AS since it's good practice and good for unis to look at but don't be upset if it doesn't turn out the way you want it to since it's the A2 ones that are the most important at the end
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Namita Gurung
It's true that your a level grades will only be dependent on how well you did in your second year. But unis like to look at your AS grades since those are a good indicator on how well you will perform.
I say try your best in your AS since it's good practice and good for unis to look at but don't be upset if it doesn't turn out the way you want it to since it's the A2 ones that are the important at the end

Thanks alot, I definitely will!
Original post by aadil10
If it's on the new spec then your AS levels don't count towards A2. However, teachers use your AS results for your A2 predictions (which universities see) so you still need to do really well. Pretend that they do count.

Thanks a lot!
Reply 5
Thanks a lot!

you're welcome :smile:
Thanks a lot!

No problem! Are you sitting your AS exams as well this year?
Original post by Namita Gurung
No problem! Are you sitting your AS exams as well this year?

Yeah, first exam on Tuesday!
Yeah, first exam on Tuesday!

Good luck! I've got mine on Monday :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest