The Student Room Group

Only a chump would buy an engagement ring with a "real" diamond.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xobeauty
Why'd you buy a ring already?

It's a good investment if nothing else :lol:
Reply 61
Original post by Ciel.
I don't think you understand what my point is. It's not 'so I can brag about how rich I am' (hell, I'm not rich, personally I am broke because I went insane and quit my job some time ago). It's not even about the quality, it's about its significance. Call me old fashioned but, to me, there's a big difference between something artificial, human made, and something that mother nature made all by herself :h: It's just something really special.

Fair enough :tongue:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Indeterminate

How much was it?
Original post by xobeauty
How much was it?

Umm I'd rather not say :ninja:
Original post by llys
I don't understand the concept of engagement rings. Why does only the woman get one? And what does she do with it when she gets a wedding ring? Seems kind of pointless to me.

Men generally propose to women however I ve met many men with engagement rings themselves and you wear a wedding ring beneath your engagement ring on the same finger.
That's true, but I already have one :colondollar:

But I've got a feeling that it's going to be a long time before I find any use for it :lol:

Are you looking for a soulmate with a very specific ring size then ?
Original post by claireestelle
Are you looking for a soulmate with a very specific ring size then ?

Haha no there is a fair bit of scope for resizing (3 sizes either way I believe) :biggrin: Plus it's about the average size so it should be fine :h:
Haha no there is a fair bit of scope for resizing (3 sizes either way I believe) :biggrin: Plus it's about the average size so it should be fine :h:

Generally it's 2 for most metals I think (I work in a jewellers, you might be suprised what average is in women when it goes from H to Z 6+:tongue:)
Generally it's 2 for most metals I think (I work in a jewellers, you might be suprised what average is in women when it goes from H to Z 6+:tongue:)

Well it's a size N in platinum :bigsmile: I could always find something else if need be :biggrin:
I dont care about the ring. I just want Vanessa :drool:
Well it's a size N in platinum :bigsmile: I could always find something else if need be :biggrin:

Platinum is a bit difficult to resize but every female customer at work today happened to be an N or an O so i think you're well set there, assuming she likes diamonds that is.
Platinum is a bit difficult to resize but every female customer at work today happened to be an N or an O so i think you're well set there, assuming she likes diamonds that is.

Haha hopefully! :biggrin:
But I already have him... :sexface:

Lol incredible. You already bought a ring even though you don't have anyone in mind to marry?

Lol congrats on pre-cucking yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlphaSteel
Lol incredible. You already bought a ring even though you don't have anyone in mind to marry?

Lol congrats on pre-cucking yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does it make you mad that there are cucks out there?

Why?
Original post by brainhuman
Why do you assume my potential future wife will cheat on me?

who said anything about cheating, but that is an increasingly likely possibility with increasing sexual liberation of women.

Marriage undoubtedly results in cuckdom for 95% of men. Eventually your woman will use sex as a bargaining tool to make you submit to her, and you will because of monogamy / social conditioning / and fear of losing half your **** to her.
Original post by AlphaSteel
who said anything about cheating, but that is an increasingly likely possibility with increasing sexual liberation of women.

Marriage undoubtedly results in cuckdom for 95% of men. Eventually your woman will use sex as a bargaining tool to make you submit to her, and you will because of monogamy / social conditioning / and fear of losing half your **** to her.

Lol?!

You!

Are you actually throwing the word, and variation of it, "cuck" around without actually knowing what it means?
Lol?!

You!

Are you actually throwing the word, and variation of it, "cuck" around without actually knowing what it means?

you dont know what it means.

the meaning has evolved since it has become a widely used term on the internet.
That's true, but I already have one :colondollar:

But I've got a feeling that it's going to be a long time before I find any use for it :lol:

That'a so adorable
But you are buying them. You are just faking it. Hence why I said you don't understand the concept.

Erm, if you look I'm not the one buying man-made diamonds. I'm not buying any sort of diamond.

Quick Reply