The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG1 *17th May 2016*

Does anyone have any predictions for what might come up on AQA GEOG1?

I'm doing rivers,coasts,population and energy.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing all of them but the only prediction my teacher has gone over is for coast: apparently he predicts sand dunes will come up as the 15 marker.
Not sure about the others though
Reply 2
Original post by Username54321
I'm doing all of them but the only prediction my teacher has gone over is for coast: apparently he predicts sand dunes will come up as the 15 marker.

As in sand dune formation? What's his basis for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have the 2015 paper for population and a lot of that was about the DTM abd the 15 marker was 'Discuss the impact of migration on national population structure and implications for the balance between population and resources' so I'm guessing it's unlikely it will be on this.
Not really a prediction, more of a narrowing down of possible topics
Hope this helped :smile:
Reply 4
Maybe something on tides might come up for coasts?
Reply 5
Original post by Username54321

But is there enough material for just sand dunes to come up as a 15 marker? Maybe with salt marshes??

This may help for case studies, at least 20 on the document... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/252380941352?

Original post by JLAG1
But is there enough material for just sand dunes to come up as a 15 marker? Maybe with salt marshes??

not possible, landforms of deposition came up in 2014, sand dunes v probably won't come up
Reply 8
Yes, but there could still be a question involving you having to explain the formation of dunes and succession.
My teachers have these predictions.

Rivers:
- Hjulstrom Curve
- Rejuvenation
- Flooding: Case studies
- Lower course landforms (Deltas)

Coasts:
- Rising sea levels
- Tides

Population:
- Aging population
- Managing population

Finally, we study Health instead of Energy and so this won't be any use to you, however some others may find it useful.

Health:
- Local Health case study
- Famine
- Obesity
- Non communicable disease (CHD)
Do you mean the effect of rising sea levels such as the 1953 floods and Bangladesh?
Reply 11
Original post by WilmaWizard
Do you mean the effect of rising sea levels such as the 1953 floods and Bangladesh?

We were taught the Indian Ocean Boxing day Tsunami in 2001 for our sea level rise case study. It's in some text books and revision guides for coasts. But I think Bangladesh and 1953 north sea floods if one too.
Rising sea levels case study we have is the Maldieves.
Try this:
http://geographyclass101.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/impacts-on-maldives-due-to-sea-level.html
(edited 7 years ago)
For population- comparing characteristics of rural and urban area and how these characteristics affect social welfare
- describing and explaining stage 2/4 pyramid
- implications of a youthful population for the balance between population and resources
-dependency ratio
There could very well be a 15 marker on implications for social welfare
Reply 15
good luck!
Reply 16

and there was!!! (population 15 marker)
Reply 17
Original post by JLAG1
and there was!!! (population 15 marker)

rivers (flood impacts) i used Carlisle and Bangladesh

Coasts (management) one case study for both hard and soft (or one or the other) i used hengistbury head

population (area of 2 settlements you have studies) (two areas we learned in school was Southampton,inner city and rural-urban fridge)

Health (non-communicable disease) I did coronary heart disease
Reply 18

I wish I saw this before, what did everyone write for that question :afraid::afraid:
Paper was not bad. It was all good except for that soil erosion question for deserts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending