The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No matter how much work i do i will never be prepared.
Wait until you get to A2. Sitting mine this year and I've never felt so underprepared for something in my life.
Reply 3
prepared for 1exam out of my 6 #lifesgoingwell
In total, I've done about 300 hours independent revision.
Reply 5
Original post by Abstract_Prism
In total, I've done about 300 hours independent revision.

u wot m9
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Doing the same subjects as you. Edexcel Maths, FM and Economics, OCR Physics. Spending this whole weekend on Economics revision for Monday. I'm struggling with timing.
Not even slightly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by ketchupcoke
I'm also struggling with timing - I've never answered a whole paper in Physics but somehow managed to get 1 mark off an A in the mocks. I'm also spending this weekend on Economics revision... have you prepared for any of the other exams?

It's only Economics I struggle with timing. Physics I don't, but only because I haven't answered half the questions! xD OCR physics is so hard, it's a joke.

I'm fine with all my maths and further maths modules so have done minimal revision for both.
Economics I've done a bit of revision but content is fine I think, been focusing on exam technique and timing.
Physics has taken over my life the last month. I'm spending every minute I can revising it. It's hideous! xD I don't mind the content, but applying it to questions is so hard! Especially with the way OCR word them. Most people in our school did terrible in the specimen paper. I'm talking mostly D's and E's with the odd few higher grades. Apparently this is the case in other schools too.
NOT AT ALL
I'm prepared for French and we've been doing past papers in lessons for the past month or so so I'm not going to do much independent revision apart from looking over key essay points, but geog and biol? I'll be lucky to get a D
I feel ready, but this is slightly worrying because I felt nervous for my GCSEs and I did well in them. That being said, I've probably done about 500 hours of revision between now and the start of the year. Still, I'm not sure if I'm right to be worried about my lack of nerves.
Yeah AQA Physics is just as bad - our physics teacher attempted it and got about 70%, he even went through the specimin with us and on lots of the multiple choice questions stated "don't know what that's on about, lets move on...". Not very encouraging xD

Our other physics teacher was showing us massive blocks of text other teachers in the physics community had written via email/forums, and they all seem to have the same feelings that the new spec is just impossible. Hopefully the real exams will have better phrased questions and less ambiguity.

Yeah they've gone too far with this new spec. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be really low, or they're gonna see some of the worst physics results in a long time.

I was worried at the fact that our physics teachers had nothing to say about us all doing terrible. It's like they've given up on us all! The problem is they're still teaching as if we were on the old spec, so they're just as clueless as us.
I'll never feel prepared for my exams.:redface:
I cant believe that these exams are just around the corner.
I feel prepared to be honest as I have put the hours in but don't want to crumble under the pressure so am making sure I am not overdoing revision too much.
Very wise.

I found with GCSE's I overdid and still did well but I wasted a lot of time as I was revising for the sake of it. So with this time around I am making sure I do one activity a day even if it is just playing football for an hour.
The good thing is if you're retaking it next year you have to do AS exams again anyway, this time with a whole new paper to practice :biggrin:

It honestly feels like Physics is harder than FM right now, which it shouldn't be IMO. Things like sig figs baffle me, and our teacher tried to convince us that with an angle of 2 degrees, the hypotenuse of a triangle = adjacent... seems legit.

Ikr! I guess I shouldn't be saying that as a good thing but it's true xD I still need to be predicted an A for A2 though!

Oh 10x harder! In my opinion FM is just as easy as Maths. In fact I find FP1 easier than S1! I'm aiming for 90ums in AS Maths and FM so that I can hopefully get 2 A*s next year.

Is there multiple choice in your physics? With OCR each question is only worth 1 mark but it feels like you are doing enough working for 3 marks. It's a joke!
Yeah, I also hate stats 1... I got a D in the first practice paper we did (fail) but that was before we even finished the course. The most recent one we did I got 72/75 though, and to be fair it is the easiest to get 100% on since it's the shortest module.

Our Physics paper 2 has 30 multiple choice, and yes even our teacher got 23/30 in OVER AN HOUR... that's how long it took. He recommended us to go through the first questions as fast as possible and dedicate at least 45 minutes to multiple choice.

I'd says stats is my worst module because:
1) I have a bad teacher
2) I never did homework or payed much attention in class
3) I have done 0 revision for it as it's the 2nd to last exam

I'm sure I'll be fine with it once I revise it though
lol
I think I'm just about ready...to jump off a cliff.
Ahaha the similarities, my stats teacher is horrible. I handed in some homework which took me like an hour, I forgot to put a title on it so she just handed it back because she didn't want to mark it >.>

haha must be a strong correlation between subject and teacher - boring subject that demands too much effort, boring teacher who demands too much effort :biggrin:

lol I reckon with a couple day's revision it'll be a minimum 70/75. I'd be gutted if I got below 70 on any other modules. Do you do D1? It's so easy! I'd be gutted not to get full ums on that!

Latest