The Student Room Group

I did 9 HOURS REVISION TODAY!

Hi

I've spent 9 hours revising and making notes on C1 Chemistry today...

I've still got quite a bit to do so I won't be stopping until after a few hours, then I'll continue early tomorrow morning!! ๐Ÿ˜„

People told me 8 hours is way too much. Not really.

I started at 11 AM and still going... :-)

I've written 15 pages of notes / revision...

Hopefully I get a good grade, thanks for the tips guys and for your support and motivation. It worked and I think I'm doing well so far!! :tongue:

I forgot to say AMA if you want.

Cheers,
Xenon.

Scroll to see replies

wow thats great, how did you motivate yourself?:tongue:

how did you avoid distractions?

what was the easiest and hardest topic?:biggrin:

Ive done 2 papers myself in maths and about 1 hour of geography so only 4 hours for me.....and my exams are next week
Original post by _Xenon_

Hopefully I get a good grade, thanks for the tips guys and for your support and motivation. It worked and I think I'm doing well so far!! :tongue:

Cheers,
Xenon.

I didn't really do anything but meh... your welcome.
Reply 3
mashallah my g
Reply 4
Original post by ForestShadow
wow thats great, how did you motivate yourself?:tongue:

how did you avoid distractions?

what was the easiest and hardest topic?:biggrin:

Ive done 2 papers myself in maths and about 1 hour of geography so only 4 hours for me.....and my exams are next week

I motivated myself with the panic of how little time is left and that this is the only weekend before my exams officially start. I'm always on TSR anyway, either that or revision for me. :tongue:

Well I don't have much distractions. I don't use social media nor do I have a smart phone as it's messed up. Anyway my only distraction was this forum which I kind of managed to overcome by not being tempted to log on during revision... If your phone is a problem turn it off and put it in another room preferably or give it to your parents until you've finished, that way you're not tempted much.

Easiest topic was definitely atomic structure, lol. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Hardest is probably polymers... ๐Ÿ˜

Oh yeah that reminds me got to do a past paper at 9 PM to see where I'm at now!!! :smile:

Good luck my friend!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘
done 0 so far, first exam on tuesday.
Reply 7
Original post by mariyahx
mashallah my g

:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by whydoidothis?

Start RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜
Original post by _Xenon_
Hi

I've still got quite a bit to do so I won't be stopping until after a few hours, then I'll continue early tomorrow morning!! ๐Ÿ˜„

Cheers,
Xenon.

I mean that great motivation, but the questions is how long will you maintain this?
Just giving a counsel is better to do little each day and stay consistent than to cram or write for loads of hous a day. It may stay in memory for a few days but actually id doesn't. The key is repetitions as long as your repeating that's fine :smile:
Original post by Dawg_Money_2
yeah ****ing kill yourself

uncalled for......
Original post by whydoidothis?
damnnn, you got many exams?make Sunday productive then!

Original post by _Xenon_
I motivated myself with the panic of how little time is left and that this is the only weekend before my exams officially start
very good point, did you do much revision prior to this weekend? Anything more than 2 hours a day? Just want to see how I compare with the revision master:tongue:
Original post by _Xenon_
Well I don't have much distractions. I don't use social media nor do I have a smart phone as it's messed up.
wow that is so clever!
Original post by _Xenon_
If your phone is a problem turn it off and put it in another room preferably or give it to your parents until you've finished, that way you're not tempted much.

very good point, Ill do that tmr and Monday as I have study leave then

Original post by _Xenon_
Easiest topic was definitely atomic structure, lol. ๐Ÿ˜‚Hardest is probably polymers... ๐Ÿ˜

Havent done my chem revision yet as its only internal for that one and its about a month away....

Original post by _Xenon_
Oh yeah that reminds me got to do a past paper at 9 PM to see where I'm at now!!! :smile:Good luck my friend!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘
Ah well good luck on your paper, do share what you got!:tongue:and thank you:biggrin:
Original post by _Xenon_
I motivated myself with the panic of how little time is left and that this is the only weekend before my exams officially start. I'm always on TSR anyway, either that or revision for me. :tongue:

Well I don't have much distractions. I don't use social media nor do I have a smart phone as it's messed up. Anyway my only distraction was this forum which I kind of managed to overcome by not being tempted to log on during revision... If your phone is a problem turn it off and put it in another room preferably or give it to your parents until you've finished, that way you're not tempted much.

Easiest topic was definitely atomic structure, lol. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Hardest is probably polymers... ๐Ÿ˜

Oh yeah that reminds me got to do a past paper at 9 PM to see where I'm at now!!! :smile:

Good luck my friend!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘

WELL DONE! My first is on Monday I have done only 1 or 2 hours of revision for that subject on the whole :colonhash:
Reply 13
Work ethic went ALL THE WAY UP :biggrin:
Congratulations. As for me... I reached level 1176 of candy crush today. Gonna nail those exams.
Original post by _Xenon_
Hi

I've still got quite a bit to do so I won't be stopping until after a few hours, then I'll continue early tomorrow morning!!

Cheers,
Xenon.

WELL DONE !!!

im so proud of u :smile:
Wow! Oh how much I want to be able to do that...
Reply 17
Well done, I only did about 6 ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Xenon_
Hi

I started at 11 AM and still going...

Cheers,
Xenon.

Doesn't matter how much you study, it matter how much you understand and see one thing you shouldn't do is time yourself. You should study until your brain can't store any more information..
Reply 19
I'm not lying I was thinking of working from 6 AM for the whole day tomorrow, well I've beeen thinking about it for a while so thought sleep early today and wake up early and revise for full day :-)

Quick Reply