The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE French 17th May 2016

Anybody else crying because the exam is getting closer :///

Scroll to see replies

Yes! I'm nervous but only for the listening :s-smilie: I'm much more comfortable with the reading section personally! Only 8 days left now...
Reply 2
Original post by tiquismiquis
Yes! I'm nervous but only for the listening :s-smilie: I'm much more comfortable with the reading section personally! Only 8 days left now...

literally same, how are you preparing for the listening. Im doing loads of past papers but i just cant understand french :frown:
Original post by Appazap
literally same, how are you preparing for the listening. Im doing loads of past papers but i just cant understand french :frown:

I listen to French music! Not sure if it helps though?! I do Spanish aswell and imo French is just a much harder language to understand in terms of listening
:angry: Good luck in the exam I'm sure we'll be fine :tongue:
Reply 4
I am crying for the listening TT__TT
Dont worry we got this! We're going to go into this ****ing exam and smash ittttt!! Leave aqa baffled as to how every candidate has gotten a* hahahaha!!! Remember although words seem similar or sound similar to english not always it is what it is in english! Also, for the listening use the 5 minutes wisely - write notes during the 5 minutes! We got thisssss
Original post by Appazap

I am crying and stressing out too doing past papers but lack concentration extremely scared lacking focus I want to really cry i am so scared of failing.
Original post by Dragon5555
Dont worry we got this! We're going to go into this ****ing exam and smash ittttt!! Leave aqa baffled as to how every candidate has gotten a* hahahaha!!! Remember although words seem similar or sound similar to english not always it is what it is in english! Also, for the listening use the 5 minutes wisely - write notes during the 5 minutes! We got thisssss

What sort of notes???
Additionally, do not over do it with the past papers....it si unlikely that the questiosn will be the same though they might be similar but instead learn key vocabulary that way you will be able to answer the questions because the Specifications for all exam boards mention how the lostening consists of BS ypu dont need to actually understand ..
Original post by Anonymous1502
What sort of notes???

Any kind of vocab you think might come up, for example if there's a question about the environment write down any key words you remember to get your memory working ie. Deboisement, inondation
You can write anywhere on the paper in the first five free minutes
Reply 10
2 days guys -_-
I am SOOO nervous!! :s
just hit me that it's 2 days... stressing out about the listening tbh because there has been some really hard papers before!

Original post by tiquismiquis
I listen to French music! Not sure if it helps though?! I do Spanish aswell and imo French is just a much harder language to understand in terms of listening
:angry: Good luck in the exam I'm sure we'll be fine :tongue:

omg another duolingist !! do you have your spanish exam on friday as well?
Original post by ithinkitslily
just hit me that it's 2 days... stressing out about the listening tbh because there has been some really hard papers before!

omg another duolingist !! do you have your spanish exam on friday as well?

Whoo! Yep, two language exams in one week ahh!!
:five:
i'm really scared that we're going to get a ridiculously hard paper. i'm sure we all know how random some of the questions can be sometimes :// but i'm glad french is first and not german
Same, i dont know how i would have coped otherwise
Original post by lostintrnslation
i'm really scared that we're going to get a ridiculously hard paper. i'm sure we all know how random some of the questions can be sometimes :// but i'm glad french is first and not german
Original post by BlueJeans222
Same, i dont know how i would have coped otherwise

i think if the french goes well, i'll be more confident for german. but idk :// i hope everything goes well for you though!
Thanks, u 2!
Original post by lostintrnslation
i think if the french goes well, i'll be more confident for german. but idk :// i hope everything goes well for you though!
Original post by Anonymous1502
What sort of notes???
If you can see a word in the question and you know what it is in french write it down alongside.
Reply 19
Original post by Appazap

its tomorrow!!!! any last minute advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending