The Student Room Group

Emergency Help Please! AS Maths Retake

So I took my AS maths in year 11... I decided to retake the modules to try and get 100% UMS. I didn't tell any teachers at my college that I had already taken AS Maths. I have been entered in for C1, C2 and M1 again this year but IDK how retaking works. I haven't specified that its a retake. Will edexcel automatically overwrite my marks and grade or do I have to specify that I am retaking exams that I took last year!? I'm hoping it automatically overwrites any previous exam results but if anyone know please tell me!
Reply 1
bump!
Reply 2
@Zacken
Do you anything regarding this? I'm panicking.. my core 1 is on Wednesday :/
Reply 3
Original post by Someboady
@Zacken
Do you anything regarding this? I'm panicking.. my core 1 is on Wednesday :/

Yes, it's fine - your marks will be automatically re-written (given you do better than previously). There's no need to worry.
Reply 4
Original post by Zacken
Yes, it's fine - your marks will be automatically re-written (given you do better than previously). There's no need to worry.

You've blessed me with sleep tonight :smile:

From the edexcel website:

AS and A level units are only available in the summer exam session, but you can redo any assessment and we'll automatically take your best unit result when you cash in. If you already have an overall grade for your qualification, you'll need to cash in again to ensure we recalculate your grade.

Do I have to make sure I cash in again or will my college do that for me?
Thanks a bunch dude!
Reply 5
Original post by Someboady
Do I have to make sure I cash in again or will my college do that for me?
Thanks a bunch dude!

Your college will definitely do that for you. Although, given that you are in year 12, they may have a policy of not cashing in until year 13 (but that's a rare policy, so I'm just mentioning it for the sake of completeness), so if you think they haven't cashed in - still nothing to worry about as they will simply cash it in later and it'll still be normal/okay. Basically there's literally nothing to worry about.
Reply 6
Original post by Zacken
Your college will definitely do that for you. Although, given that you are in year 12, they may have a policy of not cashing in until year 13 (but that's a rare policy, so I'm just mentioning it for the sake of completeness), so if you think they haven't cashed in - still nothing to worry about as they will simply cash it in later and it'll still be normal/okay. Basically there's literally nothing to worry about.

Ahh, Thanks so much! I can stop sweating bricks now xD! Enjoy your evening :P

Quick Reply

Latest