The Student Room Group

TSR Eurovision vote 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
If it had been 100% public vote, we'd be off to Moscow.

If it had been 100% jury, we'd be off to the outback.

But it's 50/50 and we're off to Kiev. Make of that what you will. :beard:
I'm so happy Ukraine won! And that new voting system was amazing, so intense.
So guys, what political statement are we gonna make with our song next year so we might actually have a chance of winning (or at least finishing in the top half)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Epicurean
Germany came last as I predicted, and have overtaken us to be Europe's most hated :colone: Israel done surprisingly well. Wanted Australia to win, but watch Ukraine and Russia battle it out was exciting.

I remember them winning the year they bailed everybody out. :tongue:
Reply 964
And why the **** would any sane person vote for the epilepsy triggering 'performance' Georgia put on...

are we ok?
Original post by Aph
And a dismal end for us after all the hype.

What hype? The UK were always going to do badly after we chose such an ugh song.
Reply 966
Original post by smartalan73
So guys, what political statement are we gonna make with our song next year so we might actually have a chance of winning (or at least finishing in the top half)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Something something EU referendum, something something we're buggering off and/or sticking around?
Original post by z33
And why the **** would any sane person vote for the epilepsy triggering 'performance' Georgia put on...

are we ok?

Haha. I can't figure that one out. I'm trying to think maybe there was some political reason (one that I can't yet think of :tongue:)
Reply 968
Original post by Inexorably
oops yes i forgot about that, even so, i'm diSSAPPOINTED IN EVERYONE WHO VOTED UKRAINE

I agree. It was annoying and not a good song.

But I like the new voting system.
Suchhh bulllll, if the UK votes to leave, this will be the reason yes
Reply 970
Original post by The Epicurean
Haha. I can't figure that one out. I'm trying to think maybe there was some political reason (one that I can't yet think of :tongue:)

Maybe they were blinded by all the bright lights and clicked the wrong button

Posted from TSR Mobile

Left the EU

Hence us being hated by the ******** countries. The jury system voted for the song, it was catchy better than our last few we sent in past years

Bastards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 972
This is deffo worth leaving the EU for
Im actually heartbroken
I picked a crap year to watch my first Eurovision.

Wish I saw this

[video="youtube;5sGOwFVUU0I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sGOwFVUU0I[/video]
Original post by Dez
Something something EU referendum, something something we're buggering off and/or sticking around?

Should've done that this year, some song that not so subtly implied that we'd leave the EU if we didn't win!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z33
This is deffo worth leaving the EU for

True

Posted from TSR Mobile
How does Oz qualify exactly anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

We need Donald Trump to win the US Elections then we get Adele to make a song attacking him.

We'll get like 1000 points easy.
i can vote in the eu referendum

looks like im no loinger undecided

good ****ing bye EU u brung this upon urself ://

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending