The Student Room Group

Message yourself three years ago

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I don't think you're cringey mate. Don't tone it down!
Dear Sean,

If my calculations are correct, you will receive this letter immediately after you saw the DeLorean struck by lightning. First, let me assure you that I am alive and well. I've been living happily these past eight months in the year 1885. The lightning bolt that hit the DeLorean caused a gigawatt overload which scrambled the time circuits, activated the flux capacitor, and sent me back to 1885.

Spoiler

Do nothing. Continue, indeed discard this very note, you are the man you are today because you did not cut corners.
Funny thing. I received a letter from myself from 3 years ago only yesterday.
it never gets better
don't make a tsr account
don't stress too much about GCSE
dont hold on too tight to people
work harder at AS :colonhash:
Revise!
Your chosen career path is a bitch to get into, seriously... you have no idea how much begging, pleading and crying you will do to get anywhere, we're talking over a year after completing that MSc you're looking at. It's not you being ****, everyone in this field has to go through this at minimum.
Appreciate life now because its going to be difficult. What has happened is unfortunately going to happen again - and when it happens, its going to be bad. REALLY BAD and you may begin contemplating certain things. But, find a way to move forward. Yes - it will be difficult but don't forget the support you will receive from those around you at your new school.

It's unfortunate to know that you're going to live a difficult life at such a young age, and I wish there was something we could've changed. Unfortunately, we can't and we simply have to live with it.

You can do it. Be strong.
You're a ****ing ****.

Give up and your sleeping pattern is still ****.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rhythmical
You're a ****ing ****.

Give up and your sleeping pattern is still ****.

Don't be so mean. :jumphug:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Don't be so mean. :jumphug:

Oh I think she took it well lol.
So, 16 year old me has just finished secondary school (or has almost finished with exams). First of all you don't need to worry about your GCSE grades because you do really well in your GCSE exams. However, you're going to experience your first real 'failure' in a couple of years since you're not going to get the grades needed to get into your dream university, nor are you going to get the grade you deserved in your best subject despite getting A* in all of your mocks (of course you chose to mess up in the actual exam, the one that actually mattered). So you're going to feel pretty crap about it, then eventually you'll get more used to the idea of going to your insurance and you'll end up loving the environment it's in.

You're also going to feel incredibly isolated since pretty much all of your friends seem to be moving on and gradually ignoring you. But who knows, maybe things get better in time. You've met some nice people and started a hobby you've wanted to for a while, at least.
Don't go to Oxford. You knew it was the wrong choice and you'll still be paying the price 3 years onwards.

:frown:
dear me: u smell
Hello Vixen, you sexy thang. Hot stuff. Babe. Mrs Bombastic. Mrs lover lover. My little pretty.

Alright, darling?

You were meant to get married this year but your husband is in prison. We'll find out how long for in 2 months time. But for now I'm single and ready to mingle. :borat: Penises of the world, here I come! :perv: If only I could say that with all seriousness, like I actually wanted all the penises. You will change your uni course more times than you will have boyfriends last longer than 6 weeks. Also, dad's been cheating on mum. Things are really ****ing amazing right now. The best part? You of all people will be single handedly holding this family together. I bought a nice sun hat thing today, so at least that's cool.

By the way, your husband is that guy who, at the moment, is trying to get you to work for/with him. :nothing: Yeah, him, he's going to be your mr lover lover. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Plot twist or what?! :lol: Life is just too funny sometimes. Also, he's not Welsh. Yes, he has a really hot accent, but your ears deceive you. He's the last thing you expect. But funnily enough he becomes the most important man in your life. After your dad, brother, and nephews of course. But don't tell him that. He's the jealous and possessive type. :mmm: And yes, dad is still important even after the cheating. In fact he's now more important than he's ever been because he actually thinks twice about you now. Even if it is just an extra phone call you get during the day - it's better than nothing.

Life will always be neither good nor bad. Right now I should be broken and beat down but after fighting a few times you learn to fight through anyhow just to make it out of this **** alive. Doesn't matter if you lose an arm or a leg or everything you have, all that matters is that you make it out. Right now something so small as a break up is ****ing up your brain and you're acting like your world is ending, but these next few years will throw worse hell at you every so often, like it's playing a game of catch and because you're not catching it keeps throwing. But you always fight through because that's all you can do. You're very Peggy Mitchell. Well, I am. Not you, not right now. Right now you're very screwed up child, like someone straight out of Girl, Interrupted. The **** I'm dealing with right now makes me think this what the Peggy Mitchells of the world were like at my age. "Fake it 'til you make it" has brought on a whole new meaning. I thought it would be more than just a few years before I made it, but lo and behold, I've become a stubborn bitch with the confidence of an ape on ecstasy and a heart made of glass shards glued together.

You're a ****ing lunatic. But you hide it behind your sociopathic eyes and the golden child smile. Well done.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello there 15 year old me!

Your hair still looks **** :smile:, I'm sorry! Don't cry over GCSE's, sadder things are to come...like A-levels, so save your tears. Don't worry, you will survive life. Be happy, stop carrying a worry cloud over your head all the time. Stop worrying mum with all your crying.

Tbh, you didn't make new friends in 6th form, in fact it hasn't lived up to any of your expectations at all lol XD But you have learnt a lot, you have realised how utterly **** some people actually are!

But on the bright side, you have a new baby cousin :h: She is cute!

You're about to go on a gap year, I bet you didn't expect that. I'm sorry I haven't lived up to your perfect expectations but lol thats just life.

Tons of girls you went to school with are mothers now, some are engaged and one is married. Yes, and you still haven't been on a date with a boy LOOOL! :h: :redface:

BTW YOU'RE ABOUT TO FIND THIS SITE SOON, CALLED TSR, I ADVISE YOU NOT TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT!!
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Hello there 15 year old me!

Your hair still looks **** :smile:, I'm sorry! Don't cry over GCSE's, sadder things are to come...like A-levels, so save your tears. Don't worry, you will survive life. Be happy, stop carrying a worry cloud over your head all the time. Stop worrying mum with all your crying.

Tbh, you didn't make new friends in 6th form, in fact it hasn't lived up to any of your expectations at all lol XD But you have learnt a lot, you have realised how utterly **** some people actually are!

But on the bright side, you have a new baby cousin :h: She is cute!

You're about to go on a gap year, I bet you didn't expect that. I'm sorry I haven't lived up to your perfect expectations but lol thats just life.

Tons of girls you went to school with are mothers now, some are engaged and one is married. Yes, and you still haven't been on a date with a boy LOOOL! :h: :redface:

BTW YOU'RE ABOUT TO FIND THIS SITE SOON, CALLED TSR, I ADVISE YOU NOT TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT!!

Is that true???
Original post by enthalpy change
Is that true???

Yes of course, it is very shocking to be honest, the girl who got married shocked me the most though. :redface:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Yes of course, it is very shocking to be honest, the girl who got married shocked me the most though. :redface:

Well a girl who was in almost all my classes last year is engaged. She's 17.

Quick Reply

Latest