The Student Room Group

How do I withdraw after firming my choices?

As a last minute decision I've decided to go to uni next year instead of this year, but I've already firmed my choices, do I just withdraw via UCAS or do I need to contact my firm and insurance universities directly?
Original post by Nicoley-oley
As a last minute decision I've decided to go to uni next year instead of this year, but I've already firmed my choices, do I just withdraw via UCAS or do I need to contact my firm and insurance universities directly?

are you sure you dont want to defer?
Original post by claireestelle
are you sure you dont want to defer?

I did consider that but I've had some second thoughts with uni choices.
I did consider that but I've had some second thoughts with uni choices.

If you are 100% sure that you dont want to try for something else in clearing then you can just withdraw your application with ucas.
Original post by claireestelle
If you are 100% sure that you dont want to try for something else in clearing then you can just withdraw your application with ucas.

Okay thank you :smile: I just need to get myself in a better place financially and health wise, so for now, it's for the best.
Reply 5
Okay thank you :smile: I just need to get myself in a better place financially and health wise, so for now, it's for the best.

There's no advantage to doing it now. As you've only just decided it's best to wait a few weeks. Once you have withdrawn you cannot change your mind.
Original post by Juno
There's no advantage to doing it now. As you've only just decided it's best to wait a few weeks. Once you have withdrawn you cannot change your mind.

Okay, I've not done it yet so I'll hold off for a while, although it's very unlikely my financial situation will change much and I am more than happy to re-apply again for next year, but it makes sense to wait :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending