The Student Room Group

How much does a double credit module count towards my overall mark in second year?

I have 7 modules and 1 of them is a double credit, how do I go about working out how much it contributes towards my final %?
Assuming your mark is calculated as a simple average: Effectively, you've got 8 modules, with is worth 1/8th of the year, so your double credit module is worth 1/4 of your mark for the year.
Reply 2
Original post by BlueSam3
Assuming your mark is calculated as a simple average: Effectively, you've got 8 modules, with is worth 1/8th of the year, so your double credit module is worth 1/4 of your mark for the year.

thank you :smile: so say i get a 70% (minimum what I am expecting) in 6 modules for the double credit module I get 60%, what would my final mark be?
Reply 3
Original post by Blyts-_
thank you :smile: so say i get a 70% (minimum what I am expecting) in 6 modules for the double credit module I get 60%, what would my final mark be?

Well I can tell you aren't studying Math lol :wink:

70% in 6 modules, 60% in the last double credit = average of 67.5
Original post by Blyts-_

To calculate your final mark you would divide all the single credit module percentages by 8 and divide the double credit module percentage by 4. And then add all those up.

So:

SC1/8 + SC2/8 + SC3/8 + SC4/8 + SC5/8 + SC6/8 + DC/4 = percentage for the year

(SC* is single credit module number * and DC is double credit module.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending