The Student Room Group

How much compensation should I claim?

Yesterday I broke down in my car, but despite telling me they'd arrive within an hour, it was more like an hour and a half before the RAC arrived. I'm seeking compensation for the inconvenience, but how much should I make them pay me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, you're not going to get any compensation for that...
Reply 2
But I was a lady alone at the time and it was quite worrying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are you going to do when they say no? Have they saud you cna claim compensation or does the RAC contract allow you to? You feel aggrieved for them being 30 mins later than an estimate?
you're trying to seek compensation for them being half an hour late? how about you get over it and be grateful that they turned up. I doubt that it actually caused that much inconvenience, you're just moaning about it to get the money. you won't get any compensation for this, and if you ask for compensation, they'll probably just laugh at you. give up.
Reply 5
I hope you're kidding.
Reply 6
I should also say though that I had to phone them as no-one phoned me to let me know he'd be late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by floury
I should also say though that I had to phone them as no-one phoned me to let me know he'd be late.

Posted from TSR Mobile

and? this doesn't make a difference to your ******** 'compensation' claim. also, if you do try to get compensation, the guy who came to help you will probably get in trouble, even though it was probably just due to traffic or something. don't be selfish.
Unless your agreement says they'll guarantee to be with you within an hour (which it almost certainly doesn't) then you'll get nothing. Now stop with the over-inflated sense of entitlement and go get on with your life. They fixed your car, didn't they?
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make a complaint to their customer service department. Tell them what your loss was. If you wnat to claim compensation then they may detail what you can claim for.

If they dont, then you will need to warn them you are prepared to take legal action and you will be reporting them to the police, trading standards and going to the press.

You should then instruct solicitors.
Reply 10
I don't feel that people are appreciating the gravity of my situation, as it was already stressful enough as I'd run out of petrol, for them to then add to the stress of it by being late and not phoning me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by floury
I don't feel that people are appreciating the gravity of my situation, as it was already stressful enough as I'd run out of petrol, for them to then add to the stress of it by being late and not phoning me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might sound dismissive here(as I used to work for the AA and have heard this story literally thousands of times) but I assume they gave you an estimated arrival time not an actual arrival time when you phoned up? Sorry to be harsh but running out of petrol is a pathetic reason anyway to even have to call out a recovery service.
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you want compensation for your own failure to ensure you had petrol?
And your own stressful nature.
lol.
It's not guaranteed time frames.
Move on with your life, and don't act so entitled in future.
Ohhh wait you're a troll, got it.
:troll:
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

You ran out of petrol which is your own fault and now trying to get compensation for them turning up late? Maybe you should of checked the amount of petrol in the car before setting off on your journey.
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did you run out of petrol? isnt that your responsibility?
Reply 16
Original post by 999tigger
Why did you run out of petrol? isnt that your responsibility?

I don't feel that's relevant to the situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by floury
But I was a lady alone at the time and it was quite worrying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You think they are sexist? They don't care about gender. Also, it's more dangerous being a man in public than being a woman, despite popular belief.
Original post by floury
I don't feel that's relevant to the situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Carry on trolling.
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's because it's hardly serious and most people would laugh at the idea of compensation for that

Quick Reply

Latest