The Student Room Group

I feel awful and I don't know what to do about it

So, there is this girl that I've been friends with for a long time. We would walk to school together and walk home together and all that. We both liked each other a lot and I was considering asking her out.

But on friday, she texted me saying her friend likes my friend. I told her,"yeah, my friend likes your friend too. Tell your friend to meet my friend after school. He wants to talk with her" Something like that. Anyway I was joking (yes albeit a stupid stupid joke)

Anyway, I apologized. MULTIPLE TIMES, to her AND her friend. I said "look can we talk?" she responded with a pic of her friends giving me the finger.

I then said something along the lines of "I've tried apologizing multiple times, you don't want to talk about it. You're being immature, why should I waste my time. I hope you can find someone you can respect"

She responded with "thanks for your half assed apology via text, I don't really care. You're just obsessed with reputation, I can't believe I actually liked you. I was so stupid. Have a nice life".

I was so angry that I just blocked her. But now I feel terrible. I don;t know what to do. Like of course I was in the wrong, but she didn't bother trying to sort anything out.

Anyway, what do you all think I should do?
Reply 1
Also sorry for the repeated use of "anyway" and the wrong punctuation here and there
Original post by Anonymous

But on friday, she texted me saying her friend likes my friend. I told her,"yeah, my friend likes your friend too. Tell your friend to meet my friend after school. He wants to talk with her" Something like that. Anyway I was joking (yes albeit a stupid stupid joke)

Why is this a joke? Did I miss something? It's not funny at all.
She's not worth sorting it out with if she got this fussed over a joke... In all honesty this probably would have happened sooner or later.
Reply 4
Original post by Jonathan Crane
Why is this a joke? Did I miss something? It's not funny at all.

Well part of it was my friend. In short he does NOT like this girl at all. So I showed him the message, he said write this and that, but I may have added a few extra pieces.

It's my fault isn't it?
Reply 5
Original post by The_JoKeR
She's not worth sorting it out with if she got this fussed over a joke... In all honesty this probably would have happened sooner or later.

I was thinking, because I did apologise, she wouldn't respond. She was acting like a child about it. I was trying to be the bigger person. I admitted my mistake but she was having none of it.
You shouldnt have done what you did. Shouldve tried apologising to her and her friend in person rather than text. She'll get over it soon
Reply 7
Original post by sameehaiqbal
You shouldnt have done what you did. Shouldve tried apologising to her and her friend in person rather than text. She'll get over it soon

Yeah but I basically blocked her on everything. I tried calling but she put me straight through voicemail.
I was thinking, because I did apologise, she wouldn't respond. She was acting like a child about it. I was trying to be the bigger person. I admitted my mistake but she was having none of it.

Judging by this. she was probably jealous over something else as well, and had been for a long time. This was just the excuse she needed to let her anger out.
Reply 9
get over it - 'kim, people are dying' - like legit you will be ok - best of luck
Original post by husn
get over it - 'kim, people are dying' - like legit you will be ok - best of luck

I'm sorry, but like this is the first time I felt so connected to someone before. And well she would have been my first gf...so I guess that's why I feel like this
Dug yourself a nice hole there.

Well part of it was my friend. In short he does NOT like this girl at all. So I showed him the message, he said write this and that, but I may have added a few extra pieces.It's my fault isn't it?

What extra pieces?

And yes.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Dug yourself a nice hole there.

What extra pieces?

And yes.

Like "yeah he'll meet her after school blah blah blah"

The point is I apologised, so my conscious is clear. Is there any point in doing anything more?
Original post by The_JoKeR
Judging by this. she was probably jealous over something else as well, and had been for a long time. This was just the excuse she needed to let her anger out.

Yeah, she doesn't like the friends I hang out with, thinks I'm being manipulated by them.
Like "yeah he'll meet her after school blah blah blah"

The point is I apologised, so my conscious is clear. Is there any point in doing anything more?

So you just lied to her about it because you thought it was a stupid notion?

Sincerely apologising in person is about the only thing you can do in this situation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Just move on lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending