The Student Room Group

England!

Just bored so I thought I'd start this thread :biggrin:
If you live in England what do you love/like about it? Can be anything :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I've never really thought about what I like about it to be honest! The scenery is lovely, especially in the countryside and on the coast. It also has a very varied geological history which I find fascinating, it has been at the equator covered by rainforest, further north with deserts, covered by a warm shallow sea at various times in the past, and many other things! I study geology, so I find that sort of thing interesting :tongue:
The stunning countryside and our peculiar, sophisticated humour.
That I can more or less do what I want, without people who don't agree with it being able to stop me.
The countryside where I live is quite nice too and we have some damn good public services compared to other countries I've visited.
The weather is fab!

Spoiler

Original post by govtandpolitics
Just bored so I thought I'd start this thread :biggrin:
If you live in England what do you love/like about it? Can be anything :smile:

Original post by homeland.lsw
The weather is fab!

Spoiler

Reply 6
The weather!
Original post by ForestShadow

Actually in London, the weather has been unusually lovely for May. It only rained twice so far! Pity though. I'm stuck at home revising for the next two months
Reply 8
i like the weather, it doesn't actually rain that often :smile:
Original post by TeeEm
The weather!

This is what I was going to say! I like the weather because it never gets too hot nor too cold. That doesn't mean that I don't complain about it non-stop. :lol:

Spoiler

Actually in London, the weather has been unusually lovely for May. It only rained twice so far! Pity though. I'm stuck at home revising for the next two months

wish I had 2 months, I only have 2 day.....:tongue:
wish I had 2 months, I only have 2 day.....:tongue:

My first exam is on Tuesday smh. But I will be having exams until end of June, so I'll be revising throughout that period :sigh:
Original post by TeeEm
The weather!

Your presence makes me happy
My first exam is on Tuesday smh. But I will be having exams until end of June, so I'll be revising throughout that period :sigh:

ah I see what you mean, do you have many exams?

I have 2 geo, 3 maths, 2 Gen studs and internals in chem and bio :sigh:

Its actually been really sunny in England recently! :biggrin: too hot if you ask me
ah I see what you mean, do you have many exams?

I have 2 geo, 3 maths, 2 Gen studs and internals in chem and bio :sigh:

Urm
*pulls up exam timetable*
*cries*
*types this while crying*

I have 3 bio, 3 physics, 3 chem, 4 maths, 4 language, 2 history, 4 english, and 1 music...
So I have my two regular Edexcel maths exams, plus two further maths exams becus im speshul snowflak
It was that hot?!
(edited 1 year ago)
OMG, the ****ing badmen in my area are wearing some massive Canada Goose puffer jackets and ****ing woolen hats, and I'm :lolwut:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by govtandpolitics

yes it was 32C that day and the road looked like lava, and some people wasnt even phased by it, THEY WORE COATS AND HOODIES. the bus stunk of sweat seriously

32C! Thats crazy! Really! When its sunny, people either act like it isn't hot by wearing coats or wear as little clothing as possible xD
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest