The Student Room Group

What pen are you using for your GCSEs?

Biro or Ink?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm going to use biros with grips on them.
I have a couple of each. I prefer the biro but the ink is more reliable (and also more messy).
Reply 3
I'm not doing GCSEs but I've always used biro. This year I've switched to ink and although it looks measures when you make mistakes or cross sections out I can write for hours straight in exams without tiring my hand at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just use these

The best really
black ball pont pen and a couple of other black biros i found in my house. i have like 5-6 pens in case one stops working and like 5 pencils 2 compasses ...
Reply 7
Original post by homeland.lsw
Just use these

The best really

That's what I'm using
Original post by lonyeka
That's what I'm using

I've bought like 5 boxes lmao
Reply 9
ive lost all mine throughout the year

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used a gel pen in my English exams and then my friends told me I would be disqualified because all my work would smudge out when it's scanned, is that true? (Those were CIE exams)

I started using a ballpoint pen (one of those with 4 colours on them) to be safe but it's so much more uncomfortable and tiring because I need to use more pressure to actually get the ink to appear on the page / doesn't flow as well. I'm doing past papers at home using the gel pen and I really prefer it. I've got at least 8 pens in my ziploc (bought some cheap ones in a pack) though so at least I won't run out of ink.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Fine line works quite well for fluidity I also have a Rotring Architects pen which is fluid enough.
Reply 12
i love these pens they are best

Biros. Make sure you take a few spares. I'm even taking a spare calculator for maths!!
Original post by zanner
i love these pens they are best

This pen got me through uni :moon:
123.jpg
just a revelation; gel pens are not allowed for gcse exams (fml)
Reply 18
inky uni-ball
I'm not doing GCSEs but A-Levels now and I've always used Parker Duofold Classic.

NewellRubbermaid_1931383_dfld_imgbs_20.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest