The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Religious Studies 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Does anybody have a list of quotations on: Human relationships, medical ethics, war peace and justice, and equality (Christianity)

Also does anybody have glossaries for this???

Hopefully we all pass this exam gosh
(edited 7 years ago)
Here is my advice for a solid answer for any e) question that should get you 12 marks (this is for OCR, but it should work for the rest)
Start off by saying whether you agree or disagree with the statement given and give a brief explanation as to why. This can be your introduction. Then go on to say how others would view the statement given, ALWAYS remember to refer the the religion you're doing. You could also write about non religious people's opinions. Next, go back to your own opinion and develop it by saying how Christians or others could oppose it as this shows the examiner that you know what you're doing. Remember, if you don't include a quote of some kind that backs up your argument or someone else's, you cannot get full marks. Final tip is remember that timing is very important so use it wisely. I hope all of our RE exams go well tomorrow!
Original post by Appazap
Does anybody have a list of quotations on: Human relationships, medical ethics, war peace and justice, and equality (Christianity)

Oh god I've been looking everywhere for something like this! Good luck, I really hope so too omg :,(
thanks for the videos, exam tomorrow!!
I am also doing this exam tomorrow and I am doing Religion Peace and Justice, Religion and Equality, Religion ad Human relationships and Religion and Medical Ethics. I am really nervous because my teacher wasn't very good.
At my school we are encouraged to answer parts E by doing a PEE paragraph for each of the following: Some Christian believe, other Christians believe, non-Christians believe, I believe and in conclusion.
Don't suppose anyone could help me with how Christian beliefs are shown in marriage? I always get stuck on this sort of question?? Good luck everyone tomorrow :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by Appazap

Have a whole list of quotes for each unit, will post these when I get home!
Original post by sstudyacc

thank you so much

Thank you so much omg your saving my GCSE!! Do you have quotes for all the philosophy units as well? Thank you!!
Original post by Appazap
The rest...

Dont thank me thank the internet

Thanks for providing them anyway :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by Do it Right
Thank you so much omg your saving my GCSE!! Do you have quotes for all the philosophy units as well? Thank you!!

Yes I do! Here are the ethics quotations I found them on my phone but Philosophy I'll have to look for :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Appazap
thank you so much

Here they are :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by katodizzle
Here is my advice for a solid answer for any e) question that should get you 12 marks (this is for OCR, but it should work for the rest)
Start off by saying whether you agree or disagree with the statement given and give a brief explanation as to why. This can be your introduction. Then go on to say how others would view the statement given, ALWAYS remember to refer the the religion you're doing. You could also write about non religious people's opinions. Next, go back to your own opinion and develop it by saying how Christians or others could oppose it as this shows the examiner that you know what you're doing. Remember, if you don't include a quote of some kind that backs up your argument or someone else's, you cannot get full marks. Final tip is remember that timing is very important so use it wisely. I hope all of our RE exams go well tomorrow!

Thank you for all these fundamental tips! Good luck x
Reply 34
Original post by HouseOfRichman
Really? I'm doing OCR Religious Studies B with B603/01 and B603/02 tomorrow. It's the same content as what you're talking about but you can do choose to do all 4 questions on a single religion rather than a different religion for each unit? Let me know...

We have four different sets of questions, I'm not too sure x Is yours a 2 hour exam?
We have four different sets of questions, I'm not too sure x Is yours a 2 hour exam?

I have three different sets of questions, you only choose 2, in 1 hour and then another three in another hour as they take in the 1st paper and hand out the second.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Sitting this exam tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone knows the timings for each question, so far ive come up with:
a = 1min
b = 2mins
c = 4mins
d = 8mins
e = 15 mins

are these anywhere near being right?(ty in advance)
Reply 37
Original post by aidenj
Sitting this exam tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone knows the timings for each question, so far ive come up with:
a = 1min
b = 2mins
c = 4mins
d = 8mins
e = 15 mins

are these anywhere near being right?(ty in advance)

That's exactly right.... but I would try finish your a + b + c in 4 minutes-5 minutes to give you more time to finish the rest.
Good luck tomorrow everyone!
I'm doing this tomorrow! I'm going to do human relationships, medical ethics, equality and media, as my teacher said to avoid poverty and wealth and I don't like peace and justice. I hope it goes ok for everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest