The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA paper 1- revision

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nimrahk123
Yes please

Well basically
Asocial stage (0-6 weeks)
This stage is where the baby does not show difference between humans and objects both produce favourable reaciton such as smiling.

Indiscriminate attachment ( 6weeks - 7montsh)
This is where the infants indiscriminately enjoy human company and most babies respond equally to any caregiver. Also after 3 months the baby does show distress if the human doesn't interact with them.

Specific Attachment (7months- 9months)
This is where the baby shows favor over one person. It shows fear of strangers (stranger fear) and unhappiness when separated from a special person (separation anxiety). Studies have shown that the baby attaches primarly to the mother (65%) and fathers were 3% but a joint attachment was 30%.

Multiple Attachment (10months onwards)
The study showed that the majority of babies attached to other people one month after primary attachment. By 18 months the majority of infants have form multiple attachments. These were formed with people who were most reciprocal.

Hope that helps xx
Original post by AgonizedGod
Basically,

Asocial (0-3 Months) = Infants are attracted to all humans.

Indiscriminate ( 3-8 Months)= Discrimination occurs but strangers are still smiled at.

Discriminate (8 + Months)= Specific attachments formed and stranger anxiety grows.

Multiple (9 Months onwards)= Multiple attachments start to form.

Thanks
Original post by Natashja
Well basically
Asocial stage (0-6 weeks)
This stage is where the baby does not show difference between humans and objects both produce favourable reaciton such as smiling.

Indiscriminate attachment ( 6weeks - 7montsh)
This is where the infants indiscriminately enjoy human company and most babies respond equally to any caregiver. Also after 3 months the baby does show distress if the human doesn't interact with them.

Specific Attachment (7months- 9months)
This is where the baby shows favor over one person. It shows fear of strangers (stranger fear) and unhappiness when separated from a special person (separation anxiety). Studies have shown that the baby attaches primarly to the mother (65%) and fathers were 3% but a joint attachment was 30%.

Multiple Attachment (10months onwards)
The study showed that the majority of babies attached to other people one month after primary attachment. By 18 months the majority of infants have form multiple attachments. These were formed with people who were most reciprocal.

Hope that helps xx

Thanks helped a lot xx
My teacher has always taught us that with the types of attachment that the percentages are:
70% secure
20% insecure avoidant
and 10% insecure resistant

but I've seen a lot of people saying 70% secure and 15% for the other two, does this make any difference in the exam?
Original post by annalisejee
My teacher has always taught us that with the types of attachment that the percentages are:
70% secure
20% insecure avoidant
and 10% insecure resistant

but I've seen a lot of people saying 70% secure and 15% for the other two, does this make any difference in the exam?

I used 3 textbooks with my students, 1 says 70, 15, 15 and two say 70, 20 15.

Your choice.
Is it alright if I leave out dates? Like just saying 'Sherif' without the (1935) after it?
Original post by amelienine
Is it alright if I leave out dates? Like just saying 'Sherif' without the (1935) after it?

Yes that's fine.
You wouldn't get a mark for only putting down the date with no content.
Original post by Findlay6
I used 3 textbooks with my students, 1 says 70, 15, 15 and two say 70, 20 15.

Your choice.

okay thank you :smile:
Original post by Findlay6
Yes that's fine.
You wouldn't get a mark for only putting down the date with no content.

Thank you!
I've attached a revision checklist. Thing that are bolded/red you need to know fully.

and the ppt, explains how to answer essay questions.
In my text book it says in British children, 60-75% are secure, 20-25% are insecure-avoidant and 3% are insecure-resistant. This is quite different from everyone else's which is worrying to me :/ Unless everyone else's figures are for children worldwide, and mine is just for British children?

I'm using the green haired girl book.
Since each topics Social influence, attachment and memory is out of 24. It's guranteed for each there will be a 12 marker and 8 marker. In a past paper l have done, it had both in social influence.

I just hope the 12 or 8 markers that l revise will come up and l dont mess them up👎🏾
Original post by Laurenloops
In my text book it says in British children, 60-75% are secure, 20-25% are insecure-avoidant and 3% are insecure-resistant. This is quite different from everyone else's which is worrying to me :/ Unless everyone else's figures are for children worldwide, and mine is just for British children?

I'm using the green haired girl book.

That book helps ALOT of people, and don't worry about the stats, there are many...millions of us sitting the exam, we're not bound to put the same stats down.

Just as long as it's a realistic stat, it's okay.👍🏾
Can someone give me their AO1 for the role of the father please...
I would also be very greatful if someone could give me their A01 and A02 for the role of the father! My book has the teeniest bit on it...and from what you guys are saying...it may come up
Also i would appreciate infor about attachment on future relationships and the depth you have gone into! Pleas help!
Thank Youuu
Original post by the.chantele
That book helps ALOT of people, and don't worry about the stats, there are many...millions of us sitting the exam, we're not bound to put the same stats down.

Just as long as it's a realistic stat, it's okay.👍🏾

Guys...for the Green haired book there is barely anything about fathers...what would you do if a 12 marker came about it? TAHST WOULD BE THE WORST CASE SCENARIO, SO IF FATHER DOES COME UP, REMEMBER ME SILENTLY DYING DURING THE EXAM!!! Please give me some info abotu fatther if you could.

ALSO, the green book Bucharest EI study is wrong, accoridng to my teacher, look at the official webste for the study where it has the correct one

ps sorry about the poor typing i am trying to revise harddd at the same time
In my book (Green haired girl) it says the role of the father is important in child development but in a ifferent way to the Mother. Grossman carried out a longitudinal study looking at both parents behaviour and its relationship to childrens attachment into their teens. Quality of infant attachment with the Mother, but not Father, was related to childrens attachments in adolescence, suggesting Father attachment was less important.

However, the quality of fathers play was related to quality of adolescent attachment, suggesting fathers have a different role in attachment - One to do with play and stimulation, and less to do with nurturing.

An evaluation point is if Fathers have a distinct role, why aren't children without Fathers any different? Grossman found they are important, however Macallum and Golombok found children growing up in single parent or same sex families don't develop any differently from children growing up in two parent heterosexual families. This would suggest the Father is not important in attachment.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by THESTRESS
Guys...for the Green haired book there is barely anything about fathers...what would you do if a 12 marker came about it? TAHST WOULD BE THE WORST CASE SCENARIO, SO IF FATHER DOES COME UP, REMEMBER ME SILENTLY DYING DURING THE EXAM!!! Please give me some info abotu fatther if you could.

ALSO, the green book Bucharest EI study is wrong, accoridng to my teacher, look at the official webste for the study where it has the correct one

ps sorry about the poor typing i am trying to revise harddd at the same time

My teacher gave us all the possible questions that could come up as 12 markers and role of the Father wasn't one of them. I don't think there is enough information anywhere about it and would have thought if a question comes up the maximum it will be is 6 marks.

Everyone using the green haired girl book will be in the same boat if it does come up as a 12 marker at least, but i don't think it would be.
Original post by Laurenloops
In my book (Green haired girl) it says the role of the father is important in child development but in a ifferent way to the Mother. Grossman carried out a longitudinal study looking at both parents behaviour and its relationship to childrens attachment into their teens. Quality of infant attachment with the Mother, but not Father, was related to childrens attachments in adolescence, suggesting Father attachment was less important.

However, the quality of fathers play was related to quality of adolescent attachment, suggesting fathers have a different role in attachment - One to do with play and stimulation, and less to do with nurturing.

An evaluation point is if Fathers have a distinct role, why aren't children without Fathers any different? Grossman found they are important, however Macallum and Golombok found children growing up in single parent or same sex families don't develop any differently from children growing up in two parent heterosexual families. This would suggest the Father is not important in attachment.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank You, im greatful that you replied. However,I have the same book and find that the book does not come to a conclusion if whether they are or arent important. Jst that they have different roles.

Also, is that what you would write for say a 12 marker?

ok just read your new post,, thanks for the reassurancew!!!1 pheew
(edited 7 years ago)
Also, on page 90 of the green hair book, what is the difference between disorganised and disinhibited attachment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending