The Student Room Group

Islam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sfaraj
okayyy...good for you?... uhh...i understand but im 16, im not voting for anything for quite a while...cheers cya x

PS idk how my religion has anything to do with leaving or staying the EU

It doesn't - it was me giving you an example as to why you were right and I was wrong, democracy is complicated and complex.

I'm not sure what part of the UK you live in, but in Scotland you can vote for most things if you are 16 (Weird I know , but true).

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/register-to-vote/voting-age-in-scotland-lowered-to-16

I believe it would be great if 16 year olds could vote in the EU referendum. I believe you should demostrate against not having a say in this important vote that will affect your life more than anyone elses (eg 16 year olds will be here a lot longer than anyone else)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FredOrJohn
It doesn't - it was me giving you an example as to why you were right and I was wrong, democracy is complicated and complex.

I'm not sure what part of the UK you live in, but in Scotland you can vote for most things if you are 16 (Weird I know , but true).

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/register-to-vote/voting-age-in-scotland-lowered-to-16

oh okay, things are more clear, guess its the revision...

south west england is where im from
Original post by Onde
Nevermind the media. Muhammad was proud of the violence he inflicted on others, and the first pillar of Islam requires Muslims to accept him as the messenger of Allah (as well as accepting Allah, an even more violent god).

If this is what you believe, okay.
You're not saying Nadiya Hussain winning the bake off was a con?

What are saying - that is almost a sin against the Great Beeb...

Say 10 hail Mary's and repent.

Nice writing with you.
Cheers FredOrJohn

I'm talking about the fact that a lot of the times they try to censor what people see and hold every little thing they can twist and show the entire word. That is what I'm talking about.
Original post by kiransohail
I'm talking about the fact that a lot of the times they try to censor what people see and hold every little thing they can twist and show the entire word. That is what I'm talking about.

Saudi Arabia has spent billions of building Islamic centres at most UK universities, supplying school text books, Why should anyone want that money? They are anti-democratic and anti-feminist.

In Pakistan people are killed for saying Mohammed was not nice (blasphemy laws).

In Bangledesh bloggers (that is people like me or you) are murdered if they say anti -Islam stuff.

I do not think it would be morally justifiable for UK people (including UK muslims and UK ex-muslims) to STOP criticising Islam until Islam in Pakistan, Bangledesh and Saudi Arabis gets its shiit together. For you to STOP criticising Islam as it is preached in these places (and in some mosques here) would be morally wrong.

Likewise it would be morally wrong to brush sex abuse by Catholic Priests under the carpet.
It would also be morally wrong to ignore the Baptist Sex Murders (see ITV "The Secret").
(edited 7 years ago)
Pakistanis recently used blasphemy law to convict 4 Muslims who took of a Sikhs turban and secondly the unfortunate event that led to ppl being murdered were not carried out by state just the local illeterates believing their feudal landlords

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saad69
Pakistanis recently used blasphemy law to convict 4 Muslims who took of a Sikhs turban and secondly the unfortunate event that led to ppl being murdered were not carried out by state just the local illeterates believing their feudal landlords

Posted from TSR Mobile

Note: it is not the "local illerate" - if only it was.
The SENIOR cleric at the biggest mosque in Glasgow..
From BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35893123
"Imam Maulana Habib Ur Rehman of Glasgow Central Mosque used the messaging platform WhatsApp to show his support for Mumtaz Qadri.
"

Imam Maulana Habib is supporting murder for people who are rude about mohammed. This is not some illerate country bumkin, this is the leader of the biggest mosque in Scotland.

You are in total denial.
(edited 7 years ago)
Saudi Arabia has spent billions of building Islamic centres at most UK universities, supplying school text books, Why should anyone want that money? They are anti-democratic and anti-feminist.

In Pakistan people are killed for saying Mohammed was not nice (blasphemy laws).

In Bangledesh bloggers (that is people like me or you) are murdered if they say anti -Islam stuff.

I do not think it would be morally justifiable for UK people (including UK muslims and UK ex-muslims) to STOP criticising Islam until Islam in Pakistan, Bangledesh and Saudi Arabis gets its shiit together. For you to STOP criticising Islam as it is preached in these places (and in some mosques here) would be morally wrong.

Likewise it would be morally wrong to brush sex abuse by Catholic Priests under the carpet.
It would also be morally wrong to ignore the Baptist Sex Murders (see ITV "The Secret":wink:.

I'm not saying that every single person who claims they are doing something as a Muslim or in the name of Islam is right. In fact, that's exactly what I'm trying to say (that they're not always right). There are people like extremists who claim they behead people in the name of Islam just because they don't believe in the Qur'an and Islam or like Malala Yousafzai, tried to get women's education and they try to kill them or eliminate them because they think it's right, so why is it that every time people hear the word terrorists and think Muslims, or why is it that when people think of Islam, they automatically think of terrorists. Does the action of certain individuals actually tell you the truth of a religion? It's supposed to. We're supposed to be good examples of our religion but we're not. If a Christian went around shooting several people and claiming he was doing it in the name of God or Christianity, would you think that all Christians were evil and believed in violence? The KKK believed that Blacks should be eliminated, so do all Whites believe in White Supremacy and blacks as inferior and unworthy of living? No. So why is this the case with Muslims? We literally are against terrorism and terrorists. They claim they are us but why would they be us if they are fighting us?
You are also in denial who executed qadri? The state of Pakistan DAMN RIGHT so don't blame the whole nation for a rather small group of extremists you have extremists in your place too but they have been overpowered by the state same is going on in Pakistan the state is taking strict action against extremists ( Google operation zarb-e-azb for more info on the action against extremists )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saad69
You are also in denial who executed qadri? The state of Pakistan DAMN RIGHT so don't blame the whole nation for a rather small group of extremists you have extremists in your place too but they have been overpowered by the state same is going on in Pakistan the state is taking strict action against extremists ( Google operation zarb-e-azb for more info on the action against extremists )

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Imam Maulana Habib Ur Rehman of Glasgow Central Mosque used the messaging platform WhatsApp to show his support for Mumtaz Qadri.
"

The Imam from the largest Mosque in Glasgow supports the guy who murdered the anti-blasphemy politician.

Khan (the mayor of London) has not been threatened with death by Trump supporters, it is from the ranks of muslim supporters

I know you are finding it difficult but you have to let people criticise the entire moslem religion in the exact same way people criticise the entire christian religion or other religion.
Original post by Saad69

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my opinion, no military operations against "extremists" will come to any long term fruition unless there is significant madrasa reform in Pakistan.
(edited 7 years ago)

It would also be morally wrong to ignore the Baptist Sex Murders (see ITV "The Secret":wink:.

It would be much easier for Saudi Arabia to get its **** together if USA broke allies and stopped going after its cheap oil.
Not really Saudis own a lot of us assets and claimed they would sell them off and destabilise the us economy if threatened

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 274
There are people who have the wrong intentions (that want bad for others) and people who have the right (want good for others) in every country on the this planet where there are humans.......
(edited 7 years ago)
As an aside, how come so few Muslims now go to mosques in the west?
Is Western Islam dying out as a religion?

http://islamineurope.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/eu-muslims-go-to-mosque-less-often.html

In some ways I feel sad about this but on the other side I'm quite sanguine about it as perhaps
all these pro or anti TSR Islam threads will disappear for good.

I'm really pleased the other thread was removed - be great if they all were

Phew!
There are like 5 anti islam threads for 1 pro Islam thread though
Original post by Saad69
There are like 5 anti islam threads for 1 pro Islam thread though

You're kidding right? The Question for Athiests, was written by a Muslim girl basically saying Athiests, in a general sense, find it acceptable to sleep with their fathers. It has not been deleted or removed. She has not come back to the thread to defend her "question" (you can, however get her true reasons for posting if you see her religious posts on the religious board... That is pretty much a tip of an iceberg (including all the anti-zionist threads). The one that was deleted was another one started by a muslim.

I tend to find that most of these threads are started by Muslims saying "all the other threads, apart from this one, are anti-muslim". Or they pose negative threads on Israel etc etc. Which is a bit silly, because if they did not post these threads in the first place they would not get nearly such a negative response.

I'm all in favour of keeping religion as a cultural relic with a few people doing Latin Masses or similar but for Islam for the old people and people who like a bit of history and ancient culture. But lets get real, we don't want the next century still having teenagers getting hooked to pre-history religions.

Come embrace the future and boldly go and investigate for ourselves without being dragged back by our family history. We are free individuals, we do not have to do stuff because our family has always done stuff. We are far better than that - We our Students, we study stuff, we do not bow down to no one. We ask even gods the difficult questions and want grown up replies.
You're kidding right? The Question for Athiests, was written by a Muslim girl basically saying Athiests, in a general sense, find it acceptable to sleep with their fathers. It has not been deleted or removed. She has not come back to the thread to defend her "question" (you can, however get her true reasons for posting if you see her religious posts on the religious board... That is pretty much a tip of an iceberg (including all the anti-zionist threads). The one that was deleted was another one started by a muslim.

I tend to find that most of these threads are started by Muslims saying "all the other threads, apart from this one, are anti-muslim". Or they pose negative threads on Israel etc etc. Which is a bit silly, because if they did not post these threads in the first place they would not get nearly such a negative response.

I'm all in favour of keeping religion as a cultural relic with a few people doing Latin Masses or similar but for Islam for the old people and people who like a bit of history and ancient culture. But lets get real, we don't want the next century still having teenagers getting hooked to pre-history religions.

Come embrace the future and boldly go and investigate for ourselves without being dragged back by our family history. We are free individuals, we do not have to do stuff because our family has always done stuff. We are far better than that - We our Students, we study stuff, we do not bow down to no one. We ask even gods the difficult questions and want grown up replies.

Oh now i get it i have been wasting my time arguing with a zionist dammit u could have saved me some time by saying u are a zionist who can argue with ppl who justify mass genocide and land grabbing?
Original post by Saad69
Oh now i get it i have been wasting my time arguing with a zionist dammit u could have saved me some time by saying u are a zionist who can argue with ppl who justify mass genocide and land grabbing?

I am in favour if Israel existing. Are you in favour of the Kurds in Iran having their own state?

From Wiki concrerning Iran (The centre of the shia religion)
"
In the spring of 1980, government forces under the command of President Abolhassan Banisadr took back most of the Kurdish cities through a huge military campaign, sending in mechanized military divisions to Kurdish cities including Mahabad, Sanandaj, Pawe, and Marivan.[37] Entire villages and towns were destroyed to force Kurds into submission.[35]. Ayatollah Khalkhali sentenced thousands of men to execution after summary trials. The Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps fought to reestablish government control in the Kurdish regions[. More than 10,000 Kurds were killed during this process.[38]
"

I think it is pretty sickening that there is a huge industry (backed by Saudi money no doubt)
it attacking everything and anything israel does, posting it all over the internet (including here)
and pretty much nothing is ever said against peoples original countries. In europe this is the total
reverse of how people behave. We attack our own country first and then others.
How many posts have you posted on the evils of Iran? I bet none on TSR. So how dare you attack Israel
for the similiar sins when you do not own up to Shia sins?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest