The Student Room Group

Do expensive clothes help depression

Scroll to see replies

Original post by struggler07
I'm usually a shy guy since I've been wearing designer clothes I feel much more confident are therapist free btw

If you're referred to a therapist by your GP then yes it is free, you need to speak to your doctor first, don't jump to meds withouth consulting everyone first. Contrary to how people with depression feel, there are people who feel like you and your doctor (most doctors) understand how you feel and can make incredible differences to how you feel and you lifestyle.
Does it make you more happier and confident etc

I would firstly suggest you going to see a therapist. I absolutely love clothes(I have a couple of stores from where I buy all of my clothes) I do find they make me feel a lot more confident about myself :smile:
Your exactly right I should speak to my doctor, I'm embarrassed to ask for help most times I just keep it to myself, the reasons I'm depressed are silly and childish I got feeling that it's gonna last forever
I might aswell give it a try, I love designer brands so much I like true religion, Franklin and Marshall, ucla, stone island, Jack and Jones, superdry and dkny for example there's too much to names and they make me more confident too btw what shops do you shop in 😀
(edited 7 years ago)
Your exactly right I should speak to my doctor, I'm embarrassed to ask for help most times I just keep it to myself, the reasons I'm depressed are silly and childish I got feeling that it's gonna last forever

I might aswell give it a try, I love designer brands so much I like true religion, Franklin and Marshall, ucla, stone island, Jack and Jones, superdry and dkny for example there's too much to names and they make me more confident too btw what shops do you shop in 😀

Spoiler

Seriously, none of these people has even the faintest intimation of who it is you're replying to. Stop being so ****ing obtuse.
Reply 65

Jack and Jones, GStarRaw, UCLA and Superdry (Idris collection aside) are hardly designer brands.
That's true but they ain't cheap I wear designers like Armani dkny true religion and stone island etc
Merely having expensive clothes won't help your depression, I imagine, no - and even if you felt it did, it wouldn't be a sustainable, long-term fix.

Expensive clothes, in the long-term, won't make you happy. You need to help the depression itself, even if that means seeking professional help on the matter, if you haven't already.

:hugs:
Not proper designer like gstar true religion superdry etc

the way you've worded it makes it look like you think "proper designer gear" includes brands like G Star, True Religion and Superdry :biggrin:
True expensive clothes are really hard to maintain imagine getting a hole in your £320 jeans, I had counciling 4 years ago it helped kinda
Gstar n true religion ain't cheap superdrys normal ain't too expensive
Does it make you more happier and confident etc

I’d say yeah because you’re treating yourself and doing something nice for yourself and showing yourself you’re worthy of nice things

Obviously only up to a certain point tho, money can’t fix all your problems
Original post by lucyyy12
I’d say yeah because you’re treating yourself and doing something nice for yourself and showing yourself you’re worthy of nice things

Obviously only up to a certain point tho, money can’t fix all your problems

Expensive clothes wouldn't make a dent in any form of real diagnosed depression.
Original post by V℮rsions
Expensive clothes wouldn't make a dent in any form of real diagnosed depression.

I didn’t say they were a cure for depression I just said it could make you feel slightly better :/
Read the second part

Retail therapy :biggrin:
Old thread but thread title is sooooo funny.
Original post by lucyyy12
I didn’t say they were a cure for depression I just said it could make you feel slightly better :/
Read the second part

Yeah for 5 minutes. Not going to touch the depression at all, can't buy your way out of being in a bad situation. If anything it makes you more prone to wasting money. Absolutely doesn't make you happier and more confident though.
Original post by TSR2020
Retail therapy :biggrin:

Simply doesn't work :u:
Yeah for 5 minutes. Not going to touch the depression at all, can't buy your way out of being in a bad situation. If anything it makes you more prone to wasting money. Absolutely doesn't make you happier and more confident though.

lmao
Think retail therapy my new addiction
it was a song quote:h:
Makes you happy until you start feeling guilty about how much you spent!!

I’d argue money can buy your way out of a bad situation. It can buy you a house, pay your bills, give you security and stability etc ....
I’d say people who don’t have those would argue money would make you happier.

obviously I am not dismissing those struggling with depression, as I have struggled with this too severely at several points in my life

Quick Reply

Latest