The Student Room Group

Muslims, if your child came out as gay?

Scroll to see replies

I think, as a Muslim it doesn't matter what their sexuality was, they're still people, I think that she should be accepted, if it was my child I'd be happy they told me than if they kept it hidden. Being gay/lesbian doesn't define them.
Original post by Nimrahk123
I think, as a Muslim it doesn't matter what their sexuality was, they're still people, I think that she should be accepted, if it was my child I'd be happy they told me than if they kept it hidden. Being gay/lesbian doesn't define them.

What defines them then?
Original post by Anonymous
Homosexuality is an illness - much like Down's syndrome and autism, I would have no choice on it but I would try my best to give my child all the support I can and make sure he doesn't act on it.

You are gobsmackingly ignorant. Have you read up on homosexuality?
Original post by donutellme
What defines them then?

Their likes and interests duh. Their hobbies and career.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moonstruck16
Their likes and interests duh. Their hobbies and career.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything defines them. Everything about a person defines them. Their sexuality, their education, their financial status, their likes, dislikes. Everything.

For some reason people are always against defining people by their most defining features; education, habits, family, etc...
Well I would take him/her to a hospital or a Rehabilitation Center.
I'd accept them seeing as they're my child. I'm gay too and i'm not really sure how i'll navigate the marriage issue with my parents since i'm not into guys. I wish your cousin well!
Original post by AhmedMA99

Idiots like you never learn..:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get your 16th century mindset out of your ass. You are simply disgusting if you're going to view the person your child loves as an illness.
Original post by donutellme
Everything defines them. Everything about a person defines them. Their sexuality, their education, their financial status, their likes, dislikes. Everything.

For some reason people are always against defining people by their most defining features; education, habits, family, etc...

There are some people who do define themselves primarily on their religion, sexuality etc. And they can be incredibly annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Get your 16th century mindset out of your ass. You are simply disgusting if you're going to view the person your child loves as an illness.

Say, "O disbelievers,
I do not worship what you worship.
Nor are you worshippers of what I worship.
Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship.
Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship.
For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."...
Never will the Jews nor the Christians be pleased with you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) till you follow their religion. Say: "Verily, the Guidance of Allah (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) that is the (only) Guidance. And if you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) were to follow their (Jews and Christians) desires after what you have received of Knowledge (i.e. the Qur'an), then you would have against Allah neither any Wali (protector or guardian) nor any helper.
Give her Naseeha and if she takes it lightly I would hit her until she gets sore bruises on all her body and unable to walk. Possible hit her that only God knows if she would survive

THATS THE WAY HOW SHAREAH IS.

Go ask any God fearing Imaan any scholar. Theyd answer the same.

I have a feeling you're a troll trying to make muslims look bad/
She comes from the Muslim side of our family and I come from the atheist/Hindu side. My side were much more supportive and told her that it wasn't the end of the world and she had her career to focus on.

She did question them and they came up with the "respect your parents" verse from the Quran :I

I honestly can't stand her side of the family tbh.

this is the first I've heard of a family with both hindu and muslim roots (in todays society)
Original post by ThatGurl
this is the first I've heard of a family with both hindu and muslim roots (in todays society)

It's surprisingly common nowadays. One girl I went to primary school with had Hindu and Muslim family members and two other girls in my class are the same.

Say, "O disbelievers,
I do not worship what you worship.
Nor are you worshippers of what I worship.
Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship.
Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship.
For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."...

You'd view your child as diseased just because of some verse from a fairytale? Disgusting.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It's surprisingly common nowadays. One girl I went to primary school with had Hindu and Muslim family members and two other girls in my class are the same.

You'd view your child as diseased just because of some verse from a fairytale? Disgusting.

That's not why "I'd view him as diseased"..
but whatever floats your boat.
So one of my cousins recently came out as a lesbian to her family after she turned down a bunch of marriage proposals. Her family are furious and have told her to move out until she chooses to marry a man because they seem to be way more worried about the community than what she wants.

My cousin is heartbroken over this and she doesn't know what to do to get them talking to her again. She's moving in with her girlfriend soon and it got me wondering, Muslims, what would you do if your child came out as gay and had a partner? Would you accept them or not?

would you shag your dad?
i wouldn't care tbh as long as they are healthy & happy :smile:
Original post by ivybridge
Genuinely breaks my heart reading things like this. I just cannot fathom why a child you have had inside you for 9 months, a child you have raised and protected, you'd be content losing just because they love somebody with different genetalia to the one you want them to love. I cannot get my head around it. I just can't. She is better off without them and in time, she'll come to see that.

This^^^^
Original post by ivybridge
x.

PRSOM for ALL of your responses in this thread
it ain't no fairy tale its real and guess what you'll know that in the next life where your abode is hell but it'll be too late by then hahhahaha :smile:

Prove to me that God exists then sweetheart.

I'm going to hell according to a work of fiction babe. Sucks to be you but I'm sure hell is a lovely place. I'm used to the heat :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending