The Student Room Group

I did 9 HOURS REVISION TODAY!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whydoidothis?
I should get 100 UMS.

That's the spirit! Good luck.
Original post by David B
That's the spirit! Good luck.

ty man, likewise if your doing any exams.
Original post by _Xenon_
I'M NOT STUPID MAN OF COURSE I REMEMBER EVERYTHING, IT TOOK SO LONG BECAUSE IT WAS EFFECTIVE Revision!!!

Chill lol
Original post by _Xenon_
No problem, were you going wrong there??

I dont know, its kinda hard cos I need to understand at least 60/70% before doing a paper otherwise I just wont get anything but I see your point:biggrin:
Original post by whydoidothis?
ty man, likewise if your doing any exams.

Thanks man. I've got two. One on the 25th, and another on the 27th. Only started a couple of days ago. Just hope I've got enough time to do reasonably well in the exam. I'm not ambitious enough to expect 70's or 80's in my exam with such little preparation. But, I hope with what little time I have, I can do well and most importantly pass.
Original post by _Xenon_
Hi

I've spent 9 hours revising and making notes on C1 Chemistry today...

I've still got quite a bit to do so I won't be stopping until after a few hours, then I'll continue early tomorrow morning!! 😄

People told me 8 hours is way too much. Not really.

I started at 11 AM and still going... :-)

I've written 15 pages of notes / revision...

Hopefully I get a good grade, thanks for the tips guys and for your support and motivation. It worked and I think I'm doing well so far!! :tongue:

I forgot to say AMA if you want.

Cheers,
Xenon.

It doesn't matter how long you've revised for, in that 9 hours have did it sink in? Did you have breaks in the middle?
If not, it was pointless.
i wish i got study leave im still at school till 9th of june so revision is after school been revsiing since 5;45 pm with breaks and still going
Reply 67
im jealous :cry:
Reply 68
Original post by LearnForYOU
It doesn't matter how long you've revised for, in that 9 hours have did it sink in? Did you have breaks in the middle?
If not, it was pointless.

I've answered this already somewhere else please see reply.
Anyway I'm different because breaks don't help me at all in fact it ruins everything as a break is a distraction for me and I really struggle to get back to what I was doing if I'm disturbed for example by taking a break. I did of course stop to eat and stuff if that counts... :smile:
Original post by z33
im jealous :cry:

You're telling me you didn't take any breaks? You could have fit those 9 hours into more like 5-6 hours if you'd taken breaks
Reply 71
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
x

What if you fall and become paralysed
DEN
WHAAT
HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!

racism
Original post by z33
What if you fall and become paralysed
DEN
WHAAT
HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!

racism

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/paralyzed-rats-walk-again-with-flexible-spinal-implant/
Reply 73
GCSEs are by far the worst exams, the content is not hard but the sheer quantity of material and exams is crazy.
I remember doing 22 exams over the summer in 2008, I know a long time ago, lol.

A Levels are better as you study what you want and the exams are more a realistic number.

Bachelors degree is even better, less exams and you study what you like. Though you are still treated like a number, so no exam privileges. Masters is relatively similar in stress level, content is harder though.

PhD exams are the best, few exams, given half the exam in advance, some are open book. Content is killer though, no one could legitimately pass them.
i guess people say every little counts...:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest