The Student Room Group

What support have you got from your family regarding your GCSEs

Scroll to see replies

My parents just expect me to get really high grades
Like, an A is disappointing to them

But, recently, my mum has been buying a lot of food, because if I snack when revising I tend to focus more

I know people who get £100 for each A*
I want that
lol i had to remind my mum and dad that i had exams so they could say good luck to me :tongue:
quite a bit you know, being asian and all, they are quite supportive. Like they say really nice positive things like

BITCH IF YOU DONT GET DEM A'S YOU ARE DISGRACE TO THE FAMILY YOU STUPID F*CK
Original post by Can'tHandleTruth
i never revised and got a b in english muppets

I never revised and got a 'B' in English, muppets.
Original post by charlotte100200

But, recently, my mum has been buying a lot of food, because if I snack when revising I tend to focus more

I want that

I know, there's this one girl in my class that gets over £100 per A* but she isn't that smart and gets money taken off if she gets a E/U
Howwwww 😭
Original post by shahida sulaiman
well!!!!! i got À*in english without doing anything beat that!!!!:blushing::giggle::grin::lol::laugh:
My parents say I'm doing too much and tell me I need to have more rest days :biggrin:
huh -_-
my brother told me all the time 'YOU will fail in GCSE' -_-:frown:

no one support me :')
I'm a twin so it was sink or swim with me - my mum didn't have time to help both of to revise so she helped neither. Besides, at the age of 15 I didn't want or need help.
My family have been really supportive. Although they are not able to help me with the exam content itself as they simply don`t know it and haven't done it for like 40 years they have been forking out hundreds of pounds over the last few weeks to get me a maths tutor who has got my past paper marks from a U to an A. Quite important as i`m doing A level Maths and Physics :smile: My brother has also been helping me where he can. Support is always great but the best revision aid is the internet. MyGcseScience and Conquer Maths/My maths are great sites and you can learn the whole course from scratch within a few hours on them. They cost money but are well worth it. Good luck for your exams :smile:
Meh, Going Solo.
Made me feel guilty every time I left the house, wanting me in constantly, increasing my stress levels. Making noise around the house and just not respecting me at all really :smile:
[QUOTE=Tiara006;64820725]Howwwww 😭well!!!!! i have edexcel igcse English so it's really easy fr me !!!!! :wink:
Not a lot really...but I'm kind of happy about it.
I mean of course they've wished me good luck etc but I'm glad that they're not hands on about it because I'd just rather get on with revising in peace and seeing teachers if I'm stuck (as my mum did O Levels about 35 years ago so she doesn't have a clue about anything we have to learn). I'm happy because I know that they want me to do well but they're not overly pushy about it :smile:
Original post by charlotte100200

I want that

I've gone through so much food😂
Yes!! Some of my friends are getting money like that, my best friend gets £100 for every A, she's smart too so she'll end up with a lot. I'll just get the good feeling of doing well💪🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by gameofno
wow r u me

I feel u guyss
Original post by Username3097486
quite a bit you know, being asian and all, they are quite supportive. Like they say really nice positive things like

BITCH IF YOU DONT GET DEM A'S YOU ARE DISGRACE TO THE FAMILY YOU STUPID F*CK

Same

Quick Reply

Latest