The Student Room Group

Gcse exam grades predictions, what do you hope to get?

What do you hope to get when you open your results in the summer. For me my hopes are A/A*, however this can change because of how much revision i thought i would be able to do. Also it would be appreciated if you could give exam tips and last minute reminders and also how to reduce exam stress.
Thanks
eat a mcdonalds everyday until exam day it helps us very much.
Reply 2
im hoping for:
history - A*
eng lang - A*
eng lit - A*
geog - A
business - A
science - AA or AB minimum
maths - A :frown: i hope
ICT - B
Reply 3
Original post by Vikkstar123
What do you hope to get when you open your results in the summer. For me my hopes are A/A*, however this can change because of how much revision i thought i would be able to do. Also it would be appreciated if you could give exam tips and last minute reminders and also how to reduce exam stress.
Thanks

also in exams USE ALL YOUR TIME. trust me u don't know how many dumb mistakes can be made. sleep well so you have good concentration and memory drink water & pee before your exam. reduce stress: try to have quiet time every night before bed to clear your mind (baths/showers are good too) x
just pass.
Reply 5
Original post by gameofno
also in exams USE ALL YOUR TIME. trust me u don't know how many dumb mistakes can be made. sleep well so you have good concentration and memory drink water & pee before your exam. reduce stress: try to have quiet time every night before bed to clear your mind (baths/showers are good too) x

Thanks you so much and have you done your gcse's? Mine starts tommorow and i feel like i have revised the content but i do not know what might come up so i think i am over-revising or under-revising if that makes sense. Also there are times in the exams where i know the answer but over complicate it because the wording of the question confuses me. Any ideas why?
Reply 6
im hoping for:
history - A*
eng lang - A*
eng lit - A*
geog - A
business - A
science - AA or AB minimum
maths - A :frown: i hope
ICT - B

how much have you revised and do you think you will get those grades?. I stress too much over little things like for example entering an exam unprepared when im prepared.
Reply 7
Original post by mariam687
just pass.

Thats very simple but i do not want to pass borderline i want those high grades
Reply 8
English: A
Maths: A/B
Science: A* in core A/B additional
BCS:A*
RS: A*
History: B..
Reply 9
Thanks you so much and have you done your gcse's? Mine starts tommorow and i feel like i have revised the content but i do not know what might come up so i think i am over-revising or under-revising if that makes sense. Also there are times in the exams where i know the answer but over complicate it because the wording of the question confuses me. Any ideas why?

i havent done my gcses but we've had mocks & sooo many exams. my first is on tuesday. well, tbh its always better to over-revise. make sure u look at the specifications they will tell you what you need to know. have you done any past papers? if not, you should, as many of them give u an idea of what exactly the examiners are looking for. usually your brain interprets the question in different ways. when you look at a question underline the KEY THINGS they are asking you for. if its a long question try to plan it in the corner of the page. and don't try to complicate things: just see what its trying to get u to do, and try to answer it. make suure to read it carefully though (thats why you should underline key parts) e.g. explain how a stack is formed.
underline EXPLAIN, STACK and FORMED
Reply 10
how much have you revised and do you think you will get those grades?. I stress too much over little things like for example entering an exam unprepared when im prepared.

i get you :frown: i revised for many things since last year, so im confident ill get good grades, but im not great at sci & maths, like no matter how much i revise :\ im trying to stay positive though lol
English Language - A*
English Lit - A*
Science - A*A*
Geography - A*
Business - A*
French - A*
Spanish - A*
International Mathematics - A*
hopefully my grades will look like this:

maths - A*
addmaths - A
core science - B (i already did this and got rubbish in it last year)
additional science - A*
english literature - A/B
english language - A/A*
media studies - A*
business studies - A*
geography - A/A*
art - A/B

core science will haunt me forever
i suck at english lit
art can get lost i dont care
everything else im happy with
i havent done my gcses but we've had mocks & sooo many exams. my first is on tuesday. well, tbh its always better to over-revise. make sure u look at the specifications they will tell you what you need to know. have you done any past papers? if not, you should, as many of them give u an idea of what exactly the examiners are looking for. usually your brain interprets the question in different ways. when you look at a question underline the KEY THINGS they are asking you for. if its a long question try to plan it in the corner of the page. and don't try to complicate things: just see what its trying to get u to do, and try to answer it. make suure to read it carefully though (thats why you should underline key parts) e.g. explain how a stack is formed.
underline EXPLAIN, STACK and FORMED

i also have an exam on tuesday and i also have done so many paper questions. It is just the thought of doing well vs the thought of not. I always realise in the end when i have finished a mock exam that i knew the answer but the exam stressed me. i really want to do well and i think i just got to believe in my self
Original post by demoralism
hopefully my grades will look like this:

maths - A*
addmaths - A
core science - B (i already did this and got rubbish in it last year)
additional science - A*
english literature - A/B
english language - A/A*
media studies - A*
business studies - A*
geography - A/A*
art - A/B

core science will haunt me forever
i suck at english lit
art can get lost i dont care
everything else im happy with

Yes core science haunted me since y9 for 2 years up untill now and yes my grades i hope will look like that too. How much have you revised and do you think that the night before cramming information is really worth it because i have heard it got people A/A* 'S
i get you :frown: i revised for many things since last year, so im confident ill get good grades, but im not great at sci & maths, like no matter how much i revise :\ im trying to stay positive though lol

yess me 222222
Reply 16
yess me 222222

just go into the exam and be really cocky and pretend like ur einstein and be like im so gonna get 12 A*'s and hopefully it'll work (im gonna do this lol)
just go into the exam and be really cocky and pretend like ur einstein and be like im so gonna get 12 A*'s and hopefully it'll work (im gonna do this lol)

hopefully lool thanks anyways, and any last minute revision technique
I'm hoping for A*s in maths, English language and literature, biology, chemistry, physics, Latin, geography and Spanish:smile:. I took ICT and RS early last year and got two a's:wink:
Reply 19
hopefully lool thanks anyways, and any last minute revision technique

i guess last minute look at everything u have highlighted cuz that way u'll see the most important parts before u go into ur exam

Quick Reply

Latest