The Student Room Group

Wjec media as predictions

Hi does anyone have an idea on what may come up for this exam?

Scroll to see replies

It could be anything this year, least likely age though.

Events is a possibility as it has only come up a few times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angela97x

Hi! I moved this to the media forum for you - you're more likely to get a response there :h:
Reply 3
Original post by Fox Corner
Hi! I moved this to the media forum for you - you're more likely to get a response there :h:

ahhh thanjyou :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by LewisW1805
It could be anything this year, least likely age though.

Events is a possibility as it has only come up a few times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!!
Reply 5
perhaps issues?
Reply 6
my class has guessed issues because of the terrorist attacks that have been happening recently
Original post by angela97x

Events has very rarely come up so it could be that with the Olympics and EU Referendum going on atm, construction and age came up last year so it's not likely to be them! If they follow the pattern they've had with the exam layout question 3 will be representation and question 2 audience, but they could change it ofc
My teacher seems to think ISSUES is the most likely and also representation of ETHNICITY. It's least likely to be age since that came up last year (I failed the exam last year). Also gender has come up so many times that it's less likely.
Original post by shannontlewis
My teacher seems to think ISSUES is the most likely and also representation of ETHNICITY. It's least likely to be age since that came up last year (I failed the exam last year). Also gender has come up so many times that it's less likely.

Events hasn't come up at all in the summer exams so I would say that's most likely but yes issues is also very likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How would you discuss events?? I've never practiced that.
How would you discuss events?? I've never practiced that.

You'd need to know how 2 events have been represented in different media texts

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do use think will come up in regards to the audience question? Doubt it would be positioning again
Original post by ciarad12
What do use think will come up in regards to the audience question? Doubt it would be positioning again

Question 3 is either audience or representation. And issues, events or ethnicity would be there. It was audience last year so it'll probably be representation this time
I know, though do you think it will be target, attract or response?
my teacher thinks gender will come up but now i'm having my doubts after seeing it has come up so many times...

perhaps ethnicity or issues
Question 3 is either audience or representation. And issues, events or ethnicity would be there. It was audience last year so it'll probably be representation this time

that's not safe to say it'll be representation, it's completely random and there's no pattern if you compare the order of previous years :tongue:
Original post by elegances
that's not safe to say it'll be representation, it's completely random and there's no pattern if you compare the order of previous years :tongue:

Actually there is: in the summer exam past papers the representation and audience sections swap alternatively each year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any practice essays or any resources on audience questions? i'm fine with responding but construction, attracting etc i'm just so stuck haha
Original post by ciarad12
I know, though do you think it will be target, attract or response?

i'm really hoping it's response

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending