Original post by JonesyA0
Who's doing US politics?? Finding unit 3C so hard compared to Unit 4:confused:

Yes! Unit 4 for me Is more interesting and the questions are easier to answer
Original post by YasminBrown123
Is anyone doing 3c and 4c US politics?

I am, how are you finding it?
Original post by Lion467
Yes! Unit 4 for me Is more interesting and the questions are easier to answer

Same! All of the unit 4 topics tie in with each other and Congress and the presidency are especially interesting. Dreading Unit 3 - I think something on reforming the primaries and caucuses might come up (as it is current)? not sure - what do you think?
Thank God I found this thread
I'm doing unit 3C and 4C :smile:

Revision for this has kind of grinded to a halt because I'm focusing on my resits but I'm trying to do at least 3 timed essays a week :bawling::bawling:

My teacher hasn't really spoken about predictions :frown: just that we need to learn how to answer all past questions
Same! All of the unit 4 topics tie in with each other and Congress and the presidency are especially interesting. Dreading Unit 3 - I think something on reforming the primaries and caucuses might come up (as it is current)? not sure - what do you think?

Yeah I agree my teacher thinks it'll be on these topics for 15 markers:
Invisible Primary and its importance
Primary elections/Presidential Elections
TV Debates
Recall Elections arguments for andagainst/undermine or strengthen democracy?
Immigration Reform criticisms/attempts at reform

but I have no clue
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Thank God I found this thread
I'm doing unit 3C and 4C :smile:

Revision for this has kind of grinded to a halt because I'm focusing on my resits but I'm trying to do at least 3 timed essays a week :bawling::bawling:

My teacher hasn't really spoken about predictions :frown: just that we need to learn how to answer all past questions

mind sharing what subjects you're doing and with which boards? why the resits though?
Original post by Audrey18
mind sharing what subjects you're doing and with which boards? why the resits though?

Sociology AQA
Psychology Edexcel
I'm resitting an exam from psychology and sociology just to boost my grade up a bit :smile:
Reply 110
Prediction for american politics 3B- party conventions,,, hasn't come up in a while

Hey guys! I'm doing 3C and 4C too.
Just a quick question- in how much detail are you learning about the articles of the constitution? My teacher has gone into so much depth to the point where we have analysed even the sections of the articles :L
Original post by darkskies
Just a quick question- in how much detail are you learning about the articles of the constitution? My teacher has gone into so much depth to the point where we have analysed even the sections of the articles :L

Hey! Um i'm not going in to too much detail on what each of the articles are about as you won't get a question asking you directly that. I'm just learning more about the different rights in the constitution and Bill of Rights and how well they have been upheld by the supreme court, also i'm focusing on federalism massively as that tends to come up and also on the principles of the constitution :smile:
Original post by Lion467
Yeah I agree my teacher thinks it'll be on these topics for 15 markers:
Invisible Primary and its importance
Primary elections/Presidential Elections
TV Debates
Recall Elections arguments for andagainst/undermine or strengthen democracy?
Immigration Reform criticisms/attempts at reform

but I have no clue

I really think something on the process of electing the president will come up, but not campaign finance (phew!) as it came up last year for a 15 marker. I haven't done anything on recall elections in class or for revision?!? What do you think I will need to learn for that?
Original post by darkskies

In the actual exams, you won't have time to go into specifics. Your teacher made the effort to do so to give you an in-depth look into all aspects of the topic. You should thank your teacher because he/she is indeed a rarity. I've seen many people on this forum complain about the teaching quality of their teachers. My sympathy goes out to these people.
Anyone doing unit 3C Pressure groups do you have any 45 mark question predictions? Pressure groups has a strong chance of coming up as a 45 marker as it did't come up in 2015!
Thanks guys! Appreciate the responses
Anyone doing unit 3C Pressure groups do you have any 45 mark question predictions? Pressure groups has a strong chance of coming up as a 45 marker as it did't come up in 2015!

Im doing pressure groups but haven't looked at questions in depth yet. Still working through the content

We went over past pressure group questions today and my teacher said it is very likely that pressure groups will be a 45 marker :smile: not sure about anything else though
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
We went over past pressure group questions today and my teacher said it is very likely that pressure groups will be a 45 marker :smile: not sure about anything else though

Ahh I hope parties will be a 45 marker too - but i highly doubt it as it has come up in June 2013,14 and 15. For pressure groups I really want something generic on groups promoting democracy or on elitism and pluralism!

Latest

Trending

Trending