The Student Room Group

Ccea gcse ict

Anyone doing the GCSE ICT full course exam with CCEA on Wednesday? Any predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Vle comes up a lot be sure to learn that, also online/electonic banking and debit card spending eg eftpos has become popular recently
Reply 2
We've done barely any work on it in class so I'm really nervous, it's all been revision at home - we've had about 6/8 lessons one exam questions
Reply 3
Original post by tiernancusack
Vle comes up a lot be sure to learn that, also online/electonic banking and debit card spending eg eftpos has become popular recently

Yeah thanks I've gone over it quite a lot :smile:

Original post by oethan
We've done barely any work on it in class so I'm really nervous, it's all been revision at home - we've had about 6/8 lessons one exam questions

Same we've spent all the time on the CAs :frown: Hoping there's not that many questions on components, I'm not great at them!
Reply 4
Original post by T0ucan
Yeah thanks I've gone over it quite a lot :smile:

Same we've spent all the time on the CAs :frown: Hoping there's not that many questions on components, I'm not great at them!

we had a booster til 6pm today and we have one starting tommorow morning at 7am but I'll go in at 7:30. He said that there will most probably be a 12/5mark on social media/websites - he said a great thing to revise is legislations; it's useful for so many topics, good luck and let me know how you get on
Reply 5
Original post by oethan
we had a booster til 6pm today and we have one starting tommorow morning at 7am but I'll go in at 7:30. He said that there will most probably be a 12/5mark on social media/websites - he said a great thing to revise is legislations; it's useful for so many topics, good luck and let me know how you get on

Thanks! I'll take a look over that tomorrow morning. Good luck to you too, I'll talk to you after the exam :smile:
Reply 6
Would have been handy if they took put 3 6 markers; globalisation, computer control systems and that ******** about banking online for customers and security
Reply 7
Some questions were very awkwardly worded and i didnt know what i was being asked
Reply 8
Original post by Okdmd46
Would have been handy if they took put 3 6 markers; globalisation, computer control systems and that ******** about banking online for customers and security

Out**
never learned about them 3 mark sensor questions in my life, except that it was ok
What is an acuator and what was the question about security and customers looking for?
Reply 11
Original post by tiernancusack
never learned about them 3 mark sensor questions in my life, except that it was ok

Yeah I thought it was ok! I wrote that a sensor detected a physical quantity and input this into the processor. I used a pressure sensor as an example. No idea what an actuator is.

Original post by Okdmd46
What is an acuator and what was the question about security and customers looking for?

IKR I had no idea what that question was asking? I wrote for the customers that they needed the technology which could be expensive, may have to undergo training through a tutorial which would be timely and would lose face-to-face contact making it a less personal service. For security I wrote they might need anti virus protection/firewalls and would need a secure protocol like SSL. But I didn't understand what they were asking for!

Did anyone understand what they were asking in the advice about the movie on the website one?
Original post by T0ucan
Yeah I thought it was ok! I wrote that a sensor detected a physical quantity and input this into the processor. I used a pressure sensor as an example. No idea what an actuator is.

I started talking about customers data being stole by hackers and card fraud and stuff and then i said that they will need internet at all times to acess it, and for secuirty i said the bank will need to encrypt data and have a firewall to prevent hackers accessing customer data and have SET. For that

IKR I had no idea what that question was asking? I wrote for the customers that they needed the technology which could be expensive, may have to undergo training through a tutorial which would be timely and would lose face-to-face contact making it a less personal service. For security I wrote they
I started talking about customers data being stole by hackers and card fraud and stuff and then i said that they will need internet at all times to acess it, and for secuirty i said the bank will need to encrypt data and have a firewall to prevent hackers accessing customer data and have SET
Original post by T0ucan

IKR I had no idea what that question was asking? I wrote for the customers that they needed the technology which could be expensive, may have to undergo training through a tutorial which would be timely and would lose face-to-face contact making it a less personal service. For security I wrote they might need anti virus protection/firewalls and would need a secure protocol like SSL. But I didn't understand what they were asking for!

Did anyone understand what they were asking in the advice about the movie on the website one?

I started talking about customers data being stole by hackers and card fraud and stuff and then i said that they will need internet at all times to acess it, and for secuirty i said the bank will need to encrypt data and have a firewall to prevent hackers accessing customer data and have SET. For that movie question i said be low storage and load quickly on website
Original post by Okdmd46
I started talking about customers data being stole by hackers and card fraud and stuff and then i said that they will need internet at all times to acess it, and for secuirty i said the bank will need to encrypt data and have a firewall to prevent hackers accessing customer data and have SET. For that movie question i said be low storage and load quickly on website

What was the answer for central heating 6 mark? I said read the temperature using sensor as input, the temperature is compared to room temperature and the temperature is increased/ decreased as a method of feedback as an output, until it reaches room temp
Reply 15
Original post by Okdmd46
What was the answer for central heating 6 mark? I said read the temperature using sensor as input, the temperature is compared to room temperature and the temperature is increased/ decreased as a method of feedback as an output, until it reaches room temp

Yeah I said exactly that except I included that an ADC would convert the analogue data to digital data.
Original post by T0ucan
Yeah I said exactly that except I included that an ADC would convert the analogue data to digital data.

I was going to and then i thought the question said to only mention about ; input output, processor and feedback so i didnt bother
Yeah that 6 mark question on banking was the worst! I haven't seen a question as vague in a long time. The fact that it mentioned problems kinda threw me off, because SET, SSL, Encryption are all how to SOLVE the problems, but what are the actual problems? I think I ended up talking about card fraud, hacking, computer misuse act and the data protection act, but honestly I had no idea what they were looking for. Actuation? No clue haha, but I think I got the example (thanks CCEA revision guide). Central Heating one wasn't too bad, I think I used temperature sensors as input, processing was an ADC, output, adjusting the heating/turning on radiators or boilers, and output - an orange light to show boiler is or/display info on an LCD screen. It wasn't the worst, but it could have been better.
Original post by akrapovic
Yeah that 6 mark question on banking was the worst! I haven't seen a question as vague in a long time. The fact that it mentioned problems kinda threw me off, because SET, SSL, Encryption are all how to SOLVE the problems, but what are the actual problems? I think I ended up talking about card fraud, hacking, computer misuse act and the data protection act, but honestly I had no idea what they were looking for. Actuation? No clue haha, but I think I got the example (thanks CCEA revision guide). Central Heating one wasn't too bad, I think I used temperature sensors as input, processing was an ADC, output, adjusting the heating/turning on radiators or boilers, and output - an orange light to show boiler is or/display info on an LCD screen. It wasn't the worst, but it could have been better.

What about that dirty 6marker globalisation too, it was bad!
Original post by Okdmd46
What about that dirty 6marker globalisation too, it was bad!

Really? I thought it wasn't too bad. I think I wrote briefly about 3G and Wi-Fi as well as Teleworking and a few other things I can't really remember haha!

Quick Reply

Latest