The Student Room Group

the patriarchy - Should we bring it back?

Scroll to see replies

What if the wife is kinky? How will you make her obey then?
Original post by caravaggio2
You've just summed up perfectly why we don't live in a patriarchy :smile:

we

and they?
Reply 22
Original post by caravaggio2
You've just summed up perfectly why we don't live in a patriarchy :smile:

Nope again too simplistic. Liberalism, one could be argued might be a result of choices taken away from women by big business (the need to earn a basic wage).

In the patriarchy years we had such things as "local community" - this was basically stay at home mothers who bought streets together as a community. Now we all live in isolation as wage slaves.

If women did not work, its arguable that wage pressure (lack of workers) would drive up wages so that men earned double what they do now and that investment in new technology would advance rapidly (human labour is expensive).

One might argue that Japan became so much more advanced that the UK because it followed this submissive route.
It still exists. It hasn't gone away.
Reply 24
Original post by SHINee1998
It still exists. It hasn't gone away.

I don't think you quite get it the vision.

You could go for an ultra competitive, go getter aggressive male dominated work environment that could actually beat the Germans, Japanese and Chinese for a change.

But you could also go for a feminist community society. Currently there is no community because married women work. It was stay at home mothers that created society and local community

If married women left the work force and stayed at home there would be a community. But take it further, this is not the 1950s, so what sort of community could it be?

Imagine, cutting edged home school where, there would be about one graduate woman per four children (nearly 50% of the country now takes a degree). The education of these new society children would be 10 to 20 times better than now.

It literally would create a brave new world. Aggressive money making men out getting the dosh,

Community spirited women creating a new generation of super men and women.

It would be a nietzschean dream. A science fiction world taking us to a whole new plane of existence.
Reply 25
No but instead we should give the matriarchy a go :wink: :lol:
Reply 26
Original post by z33
No but instead we should give the matriarchy a go :wink: :lol:

You could go for an ultra competitive, go getter aggressive male dominated work environment that could actually beat the Germans, Japanese and Chinese for a change (who are "Fatherland" type places).

But you could also go for a feminist community society. Currently there is no community because married women work. It was stay at home mothers that created society and local community

If married women left the work force and stayed at home there would be a community. But take it further, this is not the 1950s, so what sort of community could it be?

Imagine, cutting edged home school where, there would be about one graduate woman per four children (nearly 50% of the country now takes a degree). The education of these new society children would be 10 to 20 times better than now.

It literally would create a brave new world. Aggressive money making men out getting the dosh,

Community spirited women creating a new generation of super men and women.

It would be a nietzschean dream. A science fiction world taking us to a whole new plane of existence.

Come on this is a STUDENT SOCIETY message board, why are so few students willing to give a view as to what they would like society to be like?
I often hear art students from Chelsea art collage sitting on the grass discussing what they are going to do when they rule the world....

Why can't other students also have views?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by FredOrJohn

First of all - 'twas a joke

Second of all, wasn't that the case through much of history? That women stay at home and look after kids and men get the money? If it worked so well, society would still operate that way - obviously it didn't.

What happened when women were empowered in recent years:
Business is more profitable. Governments are more representative. Families are stronger, and communities are healthier. There is less violence - and more peace, stability and sustainability.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21661744

Changes that could happen if women get on 'equal footing' to men:
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/03/08/1685221/women-change-world/

there's loads more if you wanna find it but it all shows that empowering women actually makes communities and family bonding stronger
Reply 28
Original post by z33
First of all - 'twas a joke

Second of all, wasn't that the case through much of history? That women stay at home and look after kids and men get the money? If it worked so well, society would still operate that way - obviously it didn't.

What happened when women were empowered in recent years:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21661744

Changes that could happen if women get on 'equal footing' to men:
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/03/08/1685221/women-change-world/

there's loads more if you wanna find it but it all shows that empowering women actually makes communities and family bonding stronger

Nope - the school system , in its original form was male only. I am suggesting making the school system 100% run by women - all women have an input.

The most successful modern nations are much more patriarchal than we are: Japan and Germany.
http://mangaandgender.weebly.com/the-rise-of-japan-as-a-patriarchal-society.html

COMPETITION is based on relativity.
If we are relatively more feminist than Germany and Japan (And USA) but we are losing to them in the market place one can assume being too feminist it not necessarily good in a "fight" (which much of business is).
Reply 29
Nope - the school system , in its original form was male only. I am suggesting making the school system 100% run by women - all women have an input.

The most successful modern nations are much more patriarchal than we are: Japan and Germany.
http://mangaandgender.weebly.com/the-rise-of-japan-as-a-patriarchal-society.html

COMPETITION is based on relativity.
If we are relatively more feminist than Germany and Japan (And USA) but we are losing to them in the market place one can assume being too feminist it not necessarily good in a "fight" (which much of business is).

What do you mean "nope"... nope what? you're disagreeing with all the articles that state empowering women has positively impacted society?
The Earth, in its original form, was run by dinosaurs. Did that stop the humans doe?

Okay so you're passing school over to the women, but only so they can teach at home. Women tend to perform better than men academically, and also tend to be perfectionists, therefore putting them in the research labs would theoretically result in greater, or a greater rate of success when developing new drugs, testing out theories, etc. right?

Right... how do you go about doing this then? How would you include the women that did not want to stay at home and raise/ educate children, or women who simply don't want children and want to go out there and start businesses or join the army and whatnot. And the men who want to stay at home and look after/ teach the children, and don't want aggressive competition? Kick them out? If this plan was presented right now, I'm sure the whole country would go insane with protests.

Japan is also 17th in the list of countries by suicide rate and have a population crisis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
So obviously that community ain't striving...
Reply 30
Original post by z33
What do you mean "nope"... nope what?.

"NOPE" - in pre history, education was in the hands of males. You had that wrong.

What does a society need to be the best in the universe?

It needs about four children per teacher.

How can you achieve that?

You can only achieve that via the patriarchy and the community of women.
Reply 31
"NOPE" - in pre history, education was in the hands of males. You had that wrong.

What does a society need to be the best in the universe?

It needs about four children per teacher.

How can you achieve that?

You can only achieve that via the patriarchy and the community of women.

Best in the universe? Which other universal society are you comparing to?
Men could teach too to get 4 kids per teacher...
You could also have less kids so there's a smaller ratio of kids: teachers...
You don't need to implement patriarchy just raise the pay for teachers and you'd have plenty more x3
Reply 32
Original post by z33
Best in the universe? Which other universal society are you comparing to?
Men could teach too to get 4 kids per teacher...
You could also have less kids so there's a smaller ratio of kids: teachers...
You don't need to implement patriarchy just raise the pay for teachers and you'd have plenty more x3

Take the vision further - where does the patriarchy intersect with the Female Community.

I'd say at the realms of higher education. up until 18 all teachers would be female.

And most university lecturers would be female as would professions linked to education (eg medicine is linked to teaching hospitals) - however some would be male, especially where research gets intensely competitive. I would also say that most artists, musicians would be female and writers because these profession are closely linked to education.

In fact this pretty much mirrors our current society. All my vision would be doing is taking the male power (money) out of these female community activities. It would not be linked to a financial incentive. The incentive would be in making society better.

Male society, on the other hand, will be all about dirty money and how to make the UK top dog.

This of course - is a futuristic vision (or distopian if you don't like it)

What is your vision of a future? Perhaps humanity will not exist but instead intelligent machines that work of sunlight and thus do not damage the planet.
We could make our children be machines rather than people.
Spanking wives on the bottom into submission? Are wives children? So if the wife is speaking too much or cooked your meal too hot, spank her and give her a 5 min time out! Bad wife! What? Lol.

Uh... women get pregnant from having unprotected sex and sperm fertilizing the egg. It has little to do with a male's dominance. Don't undeveloped countries have more children because of the lack of sex ed or something? A poor woman in an undeveloped country an average may have 5 children and I promise it wasn't because her partner was dominant. No condom or birth control = baby! Very simple concept when you think about it.

The West is supreme because of freedom and equality. That's why immigrants flock to the country for a better way of life for their families(USA). We don't want to become like the bad part of the Middle East now. Spanking women in submission will turn into beating wives in submission, and holding women down to their role society thinks they should fulfill. You do realize not very woman wants to be a teacher right? And men do teach too.

What, you don't like your women with a little personality and attitude? :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Too simplistic.

"Fifty shades of Grey" (a middle class book) was successful, in part because the word "Submissive" was pasted every few paragraphs. Large numbers of women, apparently found this reasonably entertaining as a way of life.

Uh... I don't think so. It is common among older mothers like how older moms raved about Twilight. I think it was popular because it represented a naughty forbidden sex fantasy. I never read the book, or have fantasies of been tied up or beaten nor am I an old mom. That relationship was whips and chains, literally. You mean that type of submission?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by SmileyVibe
Uh... I don't think so. It is common among older mothers like how older moms raved about Twilight. I think it was popular because it represented a naughty forbidden sex fantasy. I never read the book, or have fantasies of been tied up or beaten nor am I an old mom. That relationship was whips and chains, literally. You mean that type of submission?

LOL. I've not read the book either. No I just trying to get some people to post their ideas by being a bit controversial. I actually believe strongly in feminism, no so much for the human rights (Which are good in their own way), but I want to see the human race more or less die out to very small tiny numbers. It would be great if only one in 100 couples had a baby. Give the planet back to nature. Seriously, that would be great.

On the shades of grey thing I did listen to a feminist discussion on the book and many women (I guess non feminist) said they would settle for the relationship outlined in the book - which is pretty weird.
LOL. I've not read the book either. No I just trying to get some people to post their ideas by being a bit controversial. I actually believe strongly in feminism, no so much for the human rights (Which are good in their own way), but I want to see the human race more or less die out to very small tiny numbers. It would be great if only one in 100 couples had a baby. Give the planet back to nature. Seriously, that would be great.

On the shades of grey thing I did listen to a feminist discussion on the book and many women (I guess non feminist) said they would settle for the relationship outlined in the book - which is pretty weird.

Well i do like controversial things! You can only hope more people die then. Do you mean the animals or literal plants?

I did read a comment from a woman who engaged in BSMD. Apparently Fifty shades of grey is an an accurate depiction of BSMD. I think older women just find Christian Grey sexy. I guess they don't mind being chained up in a cage for days or weeks as long as its Christian Grey beating them. In reality, I don't think they would find cages and whips sexy, lol.
Reply 37
Did it leave?
Aaah I repeatedly bang my head against a table when I read absurd feminist tweets please don't find another reason to talk about the most retarded ideas around it hurts my brain :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending