The Student Room Group

Urgent help needed!!!

-For assessment objective A03 it saysExplore connections and comparisons between different literary texts, informed by interpretations of other readersI'm struggling with the 'interpretations of other readers' part. Does it mean that I analyse a part of a poem and showing that there are multiple ways of interpreting it . Or does it mean types of readers e.g. Feminist Marxist.
I believe it means both, but just to be sure I'd use marxist/feminist etc. perspectives.
Reply 2
aside from feminist and Marxist are there any other perspectives
Original post by LennyBicknel
I believe it means both, but just to be sure I'd use marxist/feminist etc. perspectives.
Original post by Abby5001
-For assessment objective A03 it saysExplore connections and comparisons between different literary texts, informed by interpretations of other readersI'm struggling with the 'interpretations of other readers' part. Does it mean that I analyse a part of a poem and showing that there are multiple ways of interpreting it . Or does it mean types of readers e.g. Feminist Marxist.

Actually, it just means how you can interpret something in a different manner to your previous comment.

You do not need to show a feminist or Marxist reading for A03. AO1 I believe is accurate written expressions, AO2 is comment on the use of language, form and structure with revelant terminology and concepts. This is where you put the literary theories in. AO2 involves concepts which mean concepts of literature; ergo, literary theory. I would say the concepts derives from a school of thought; Deconstruction, New Historicism, Queer Theory, Feminist Theory, etc.

AO3 interpretations of a text could just mean literary critics such as Faucoult or essayists in general.

So, someone like A.C Bradley's interpretation of a Shakespeare's text as he is one of the most famous Shakespeare essayist would get you marks for AO3, whilst a literary like Marxist or Feminist will get you marks for AO2.

Quick Reply

Latest