The Student Room Group

Messed up my contraceptive pill :(

I have been using Regevidon for some time now. I usually take my last pill on a Tuesday, having my period start on a Friday night. I presumed that if I took my last pill on a Friday, my period would start on a Monday night and so never on the weekend. I have now realised that by simply starting the next pack Tuesday-Friday and then stopping for a 7 week break has completely messed up my strips. Basically, how do I sort this out? I still want to take my last pill on a Friday, but is there anyway I can reorganise this so that my strips aren't so confused ie taking a pill on a Monday but it saying Tuesday, having my period half way through a strip etc? Or shall I just get over it lol 😩
Keep going without for a month or two and see where it goes from there...
You obviously need to ignore the 'advice' to stop taking any pills for a month or two, sigh.

Original post by Anon7898
I still want to take my last pill on a Friday, but is there anyway I can reorganise this so that my strips aren't so confused ie taking a pill on a Monday but it saying Tuesday, having my period half way through a strip etc? Or shall I just get over it lol 😩

It's a little unclear if you've started on a Saturday this time. If not, towards the end of the current packet, stop on a Friday, rather than your usual next Tuesday.

Either way, restart on the following Saturday, using a new packet, ignoring any left over pills in the previous packet. You'll have had seven days break (and having taken enough, you'll be protected throughout it) and the labelling will be in sync with what you're doing.

Quick Reply

Latest