The Student Room Group

This week- what have you got? (16th May- 20th May)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tiara006
16th: Edexcel RS unit 1
17th: AS sociology AQA unit 1, Biology Unit 1 AQA, OCR French reading and listening (clash)
18th: RS unit 8
19th:Chemistry Unit 1 AQA

AS Sociology? That's pretty cool!
Reply 41
Original post by TeenPolyglot
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the first person I've met on here doing Pliny and Nisus and Euryalus (I'm presuming?)!

Yep that's it!!! What do you think of the pieces? and which one do you prefer?!
You have a fairly light week!

Yeah thank goodness!! Next week I'm dreading having my Welsh literature and physics exam on the same day though😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adamhill3
Probably education, but I’ve revised both:biggrin:
I’m more worried for Section A because I overanalyse and overthink it WAY too much haha

Well good luck whatever you decide....

Just remember to go for the direct facts for Section A, with a bit of theory on 4-6 markers.

Then again...I wrote all about the effect of feral children on families once...
Original post by asdfghjklgcses
Yeah thank goodness!! Next week I'm dreading having my Welsh literature and physics exam on the same day though😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welsh literature?! So glad I'm not in your position anymore hahaha

One of my friends has 5 exams in one day...I have 4 on one day. Our school aren't even a competitive school, but I'm doing 31 exams...
17th - French Reading and Listening, Biology Unit 1
19th - Chemistry Unit 1

Spoiler

Well good luck whatever you decide....

Just remember to go for the direct facts for Section A, with a bit of theory on 4-6 markers.

Then again...I wrote all about the effect of feral children on families once...

That’s what I’m going to try and do- I’ve done every past paper on the WJEC website and I’ve got my teacher to mark them and I’ve done well on them all, so I’m hoping that helps.

I’m quite worried (well, not worried, but anxious) about Biology 2, I’ve done every past paper possible (except 2016 Unit 2 HT which I can’t find ANYWHERE) and I’ve done well but still, nerves always get the better of me haha.
16th RE - Perspectives and Ethics - OCR
17th French - Unit 1 and Unit 2 - AQA
18th RE - Christianity 1 and Christianity 2 - OCR
Original post by fuzz13
Yep that's it!!! What do you think of the pieces? and which one do you prefer?!

I personally quite like them- I just think there is way too much- they could've got rid of Arria and the last section of N and E...(367-445). It's just SO LONG!

But overall, I'm thinking they're fairly easy passages. I mean, the Pliny is just constant "scholarly nature" and "Pliny likes to work, but also show his duty", and Nisus and Euryalus are just Verse. I have just been told to just think everything I possibly can. Pleonasm everywhere haha
Welsh literature?! So glad I'm not in your position anymore hahaha

One of my friends has 5 exams in one day...I have 4 on one day. Our school aren't even a competitive school, but I'm doing 31 exams...

It's awful omg we have to learn 12 poems and learn quotes from a novel😭 omg !! Is that even allowed? I couldn't cope with that - I thought that 2 exams were bad enough😂 wow that's a lot of exams - I only have 14😂 but I did 7 in January and 6 last summer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
16th:RE unit 2
17th: OCR 21st Century B1-B3
19th: OCR 21st Century C1-C3
20th: Spanish AQA reading and listening
Original post by adamhill3
That’s what I’m going to try and do- I’ve done every past paper on the WJEC website and I’ve got my teacher to mark them and I’ve done well on them all, so I’m hoping that helps.

I’m quite worried (well, not worried, but anxious) about Biology 2, I’ve done every past paper possible (except 2016 Unit 2 HT which I can’t find ANYWHERE) and I’ve done well but still, nerves always get the better of me haha.

I got 99/100 in my Unit 1 mock for Sociology, so I am hoping for a repeat of that!

Biology just wrecks me. Our "main" teacher does nothing but evolution and the teacher that we have once a fortnight does A-Level stuff which we don't need...

Our class literally know nothing apart from enzymes. We are the kings and queens of enzymes :tongue:
Reply 52
I personally quite like them- I just think there is way too much- they could've got rid of Arria and the last section of N and E...(367-445). It's just SO LONG!

But overall, I'm thinking they're fairly easy passages. I mean, the Pliny is just constant "scholarly nature" and "Pliny likes to work, but also show his duty", and Nisus and Euryalus are just Verse. I have just been told to just think everything I possibly can. Pleonasm everywhere haha

Yeah I agree! Especially the Virgil, it's so long! But not that difficult once you've learnt it. Just hoping I don't run out of time in the exams! :smile:
I have a light week, thankfully!
16th- RE Unit 2 (Edexcel)
17th- French Reading & Listening (AQA)
18th- RE Unit 8 (Edexcel)
Original post by asdfghjklgcses
It's awful omg we have to learn 12 poems and learn quotes from a novel😭 omg !! Is that even allowed? I couldn't cope with that - I thought that 2 exams were bad enough😂 wow that's a lot of exams - I only have 14😂 but I did 7 in January and 6 last summer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The rules are that as long as the exams fit within a certain time window- I think it's between 9:00am and 4:00pm or something, then all is okay. But that sounds like a crazy subject! I mean, the language is scary enough, let alone study literature within it! I though Latin was hard enough, where you have to learn a bunch of different passages and then talk about the effects of language when there are none...:colondollar:
I felt I should create a post about the upcoming GCSE exams as no one seems to have done this yet.

So what have you got, and let's aim to make this a place where we can all talk about our individual ones to perhaps put our minds at ease!

So I personally have:
16th May: WJEC Sociology Unit 1
17th May: Edexcel French Listening/Reading
AQA Biology Unit 1
18th May: OCR Latin Language 1
19th May: AQA Chemistry Unit 1
WJEC Sociology Unit 2
20th May: AQA Use of Maths Shape and Space
OCR Latin Language 2

So what about you people? What have you got this week? Spill it all!

17th May

French Listening (AQA) - 9:10 - 9:55
Dual Award Biology (Edexcel) 1:45 - 3:45

19th May

Dual Award Chemistry (Edexcel) 9:10 - 11:10

20th May

Spanish Listening (AQA) - 9:10 - 9:55

Not too bad I guess, two of them are language exams which are quite a breeze. :redface: Next week, on the other hand..:angry:
I got 99/100 in my Unit 1 mock for Sociology, so I am hoping for a repeat of that!

Biology just wrecks me. Our "main" teacher does nothing but evolution and the teacher that we have once a fortnight does A-Level stuff which we don't need...

Our class literally know nothing apart from enzymes. We are the kings and queens of enzymes :tongue:

My marks have all 90+ which are all A*s (I thought 90/100 was the boundary, apparently its only 85, according to the website, which is good!), but I need to focus on Unit 2 just as much (I’m doing Politics and Participation on that)

And our biology teacher is so patronising and spends half of the lesson talking about something and then going ‘ah, well, i could explain why that happens but it’s A Level stuff so it doesn’t matter,’ and hasn’t even taught us Active Transport but I guess because she’s been so bad, I’ve revised loads.

The worst one for me overall will be physics because the teacher is TERRIBLE, I’ve not learnt anything at all with him! He is so terrible, it’s hard to even describe it.

And for English Literature, it would help if I read LotF in order to get an A* (my target) haha
Original post by fuzz13
Yeah I agree! Especially the Virgil, it's so long! But not that difficult once you've learnt it. Just hoping I don't run out of time in the exams! :smile:

The exams look really long, but when you actually do them, you're just regurgitating words which are common sense mostly. My biggest worry in the literature is that I don't be specific enough- instead of writing "Letter from Rectina", I'll probably write "letter" and not get the mark. That's my personal worry.
The rules are that as long as the exams fit within a certain time window- I think it's between 9:00am and 4:00pm or something, then all is okay. But that sounds like a crazy subject! I mean, the language is scary enough, let alone study literature within it! I though Latin was hard enough, where you have to learn a bunch of different passages and then talk about the effects of language when there are none...:colondollar:

Woah imagine doing a whole 7 hours of exams! I'd just want to sleep for the rest of the day then😂 and I know! It's so hard! Can't wait to drop it :/ oh wow yeah Latin does sound hard, I can't imagine me doing to well in it - we never had the option to do it in our school!

Posted from TSR Mobile
17th: iGCSE French Listening (AQA), B1 (AQA)
19th: C1 (AQA)
20th: iGCSE Spanish Listening (AQA)

the week after though is my idea of hell on earth... might not survive the full 5 days :afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest