The Student Room Group

This week- what have you got? (16th May- 20th May)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adamhill3
My marks have all 90+ which are all A*s (I thought 90/100 was the boundary, apparently its only 85, according to the website, which is good!), but I need to focus on Unit 2 just as much (I’m doing Politics and Participation on that)

And our biology teacher is so patronising and spends half of the lesson talking about something and then going ‘ah, well, i could explain why that happens but it’s A Level stuff so it doesn’t matter,’ and hasn’t even taught us Active Transport but I guess because she’s been so bad, I’ve revised loads.

The worst one for me overall will be physics because the teacher is TERRIBLE, I’ve not learnt anything at all with him! He is so terrible, it’s hard to even describe it.

And for English Literature, it would help if I read LotF in order to get an A* (my target) haha

My biology teacher is exactly like that- there was this one moment when he asked me the photosynthesis equation and I literally had to say "I honestly don't know". He uses that to his advantage as much as he can :colondollar: But the fact she hasn't taught you active transport makes me feel a little bit better about myself...

And our physics teacher just shouts. Constantly. I am going to get my physics marks from the "representation of reading the formula sheet" and nothing else...

Can't help you with Literature....I'm doing TKAM and WIB.
16th -citizenship
18th - ict
Reply 62
Original post by TeenPolyglot
The exams look really long, but when you actually do them, you're just regurgitating words which are common sense mostly. My biggest worry in the literature is that I don't be specific enough- instead of writing "Letter from Rectina", I'll probably write "letter" and not get the mark. That's my personal worry.

Yeah omg I'm always doing that! I did that in Bio once, put energy instead of kinetic energy :angry: Anyway yeah! When do you finish your exams?
Original post by surina16
17th: iGCSE French Listening (AQA), B1 (AQA)
19th: C1 (AQA)
20th: iGCSE Spanish Listening (AQA)

the week after though is my idea of hell on earth... might not survive the full 5 days :afraid:

Your school must like iGCSEs!
Reply 64

the week after though is my idea of hell on earth... might not survive the full 5 days :afraid:

Omg same! I hate my second week! What have you got?
Original post by fuzz13
Yeah omg I'm always doing that! I did that in Bio once, put energy instead of kinetic energy :angry: Anyway yeah! When do you finish your exams?

I technically finish on the 19th June with P2 and P3, but our school are throwing in the stupid GENERAL STUDIES so I have to go in on the 21st June and that's when I finish. What about you?
Your school must like iGCSEs!

I hate them for it. They thought it would be good so that we "actually get good at the languages" instead of memorising paragraphs. :colonhash:
16th May- Citizenship
17th May- Biology 1
18th May- ICT
18th May- RS Unit 2
19th May- Chemistry 1
20th May- Spanish Reading
20th May- Spanish Listening
Original post by jamierogers21
16th May- Citizenship
17th May- Biology 1
18th May- ICT
18th May- RS Unit 2
19th May- Chemistry 1
20th May- Spanish Reading
20th May- Spanish Listening

yoo hw u revising citizenship?
Original post by fuzz13
Omg same! I hate my second week! What have you got?

Monday: English Lit 1 (OMAM and AIC)
Wednesday: French Reading, French Writing, P1
Thursday: Maths 1, Spanish Reading, Spanish Writing
Friday: English Lit 4 (Pride and Prejudice + Macbeth)

:redface:

You?
Original post by asdfghjklgcses
Woah imagine doing a whole 7 hours of exams! I'd just want to sleep for the rest of the day then😂 and I know! It's so hard! Can't wait to drop it :/ oh wow yeah Latin does sound hard, I can't imagine me doing to well in it - we never had the option to do it in our school!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was really lucky- at the school I'm at now, Latin isn't offered officially. But I attended a private school which teaches Latin before I came here- it may or may not have been Eton :redface:- so my English teacher said I WANT you to do Latin GCSE...
16th - IGCSE CIE First Language German Paper 1

19th - IGCSE CIE First Language German Paper 2

I already had 12 exams though :tongue:
Original post by mariam687
yoo hw u revising citizenship?

I'm not really:biggrin: Because of my coursework grade I would need a high A to get an A overall whereas I only need a C to get a B overall and I wouldn't be able to get an A because we haven't been taught any content and don't have any way of revising other than past papers. If you know a good way then I'll cram with you tonight?
Reply 73

I have two English lit exams: one on the Monday and the Friday of that week. As well as media, geography, P1-P3 and maths:frown:
Original post by Rajive
I have two English lit exams: one on the Monday and the Friday of that week. As well as media, geography, P1-P3 and maths:frown:

Bruh we'll die together then :///
RIP:frown:

Spoiler

Original post by jamierogers21
I'm not really:biggrin: Because of my coursework grade I would need a high A to get an A overall whereas I only need a C to get a B overall and I wouldn't be able to get an A because we haven't been taught any content and don't have any way of revising other than past papers. If you know a good way then I'll cram with you tonight?

I got a B in my coursework, so I'm not as worried init
still wanna get a gd A tho :smile:

im jus literally revising the key terms especially in theme three (power, politics and the media) bc thats the hardest tbh

and sure, we cn revise :smile:
I hate them for it. They thought it would be good so that we "actually get good at the languages" instead of memorising paragraphs. :colonhash:

That sounds kinda patronising...but in a way, I see where they're coming from. Memorising paragraphs doesn't help people learn languages in any way...

and I can say that. I'm fluent in French.
Reply 77
I technically finish on the 19th June with P2 and P3, but our school are throwing in the stupid GENERAL STUDIES so I have to go in on the 21st June and that's when I finish. What about you?

Omg sameeee! I finish on the 21st too! But I'm doing Greek Sources that day rather than general studies! Really looking forward to a long summer afterwards though!
My biology teacher is exactly like that- there was this one moment when he asked me the photosynthesis equation and I literally had to say "I honestly don't know". He uses that to his advantage as much as he can :colondollar: But the fact she hasn't taught you active transport makes me feel a little bit better about myself...

And our physics teacher just shouts. Constantly. I am going to get my physics marks from the "representation of reading the formula sheet" and nothing else...

Can't help you with Literature....I'm doing TKAM and WIB.

I’ve watched enough Thug Notes videos repeatedly and other videos on YT that I think I might be able to do it w/o reading it fully in order (I’ve read the majority of it in random, non-chronological order) to do okay haha
16th: RE

And that's it, lucky me, though the week after I've got 5, one every day :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest