The Student Room Group

National 5 Physics 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jay431
Maximum two open ended questions.

I have a feeling they'll give us something about Pressure and then Nuclear Radiation

I also definitely think their may be something on Nuclear Radiation and also something to do with forces such as one of the newtons laws or like you said, pressure
Reply 41
Original post by sameehaiqbal
I also definitely think their may be something on Nuclear Radiation and also something to do with forces such as one of the newtons laws or like you said, pressure

I'm a little nervous for Physics, despite doing well in the prelim :O

Hopefully things go well for us all :smile:
Anyone know the difference between an unstable and stable atom? They mention this quite a few times in Nuclear Energy i.e Fission, which is the process of refining, mining and using Uranium Ore to generate large amounts of heat energy to turn water into steam which drives turbines to generate electricity. This involves the splitting of a Uranium atom to release energy and when a large atom is hit by a neutron it becomes unstable and splits in to two smaller pieces. Anyone know what "unstable" actually means?
I absolutely hate Electricity and Energy, I just don't know why. The other two units I'm perfectly okay with. So glad there isn't much on electricity and energy at Higher, haha.
Anyone know the difference between an unstable and stable atom? They mention this quite a few times in Nuclear Energy i.e Fission, which is the process of refining, mining and using Uranium Ore to generate large amounts of heat energy to turn water into steam which drives turbines to generate electricity. This involves the splitting of a Uranium atom to release energy and when a large atom is hit by a neutron it becomes unstable and splits into two smaller pieces. Anyone know what "unstable" actually means?

An unstable atom is when the proton-neutron ratio is unequal. When there's a different number of neutrons an isotope is formed. In order to become stable, the isotope gives out energy - quanta, which are radioactive.

I don't believe you need to know any of that for N5, but it's just a little more knowledge on stability.
Original post by scottishguyy
An unstable atom is when the proton-neutron ratio is unequal. When there's a different number of neutrons an isotope is formed. In order to become stable, the isotope gives out energy - quanta, which are radioactive.

I don't believe you need to know any of that for N5, but it's just a little more knowledge on stability.

Thanks so much! I know but just wanted to give myself a bit of understanding.

Tell me about it. Electricity and Energy is absolutely THE worst topic. I just dont understand anything lol
Reply 46
Feeling quite confident as I got 96% in the prelim. Will probably start revising on the 22nd.
Original post by Nvidia
Feeling quite confident as I got 96% in the prelim. Will probably start revising on the 22nd.

Nvdia, Is it okay if I can PM you quickly ?
Original post by Nvidia

Bloody hell

WHAAAAAAAAT!!?!??1

96%!?!? WTF!??!??!?

You taking higher next year?

Higher is soo much more interesting! I prefer it to nat 5. I hated the gas laws etc in nat 5. They did my head in!
Reply 49
Original post by Ethan100
Nvdia, Is it okay if I can PM you quickly ?

Sure
Reply 50
Original post by .Jeff548
Bloody hell

WHAAAAAAAAT!!?!??1

96%!?!? WTF!??!??!?

You taking higher next year?

Higher is soo much more interesting! I prefer it to nat 5. I hated the gas laws etc in nat 5. They did my head in!

Yes I'm doing higher next year and hope to do AH in S6.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nvidia
Yes I'm doing higher next year and hope to do AH in S6.

Damn. That's a lot of Physics. Higher is the end of the road for me lelz.

Good luck with the exam. Not that you need it though :smile:!!!!!!!!
Damn. That's a lot of Physics. Higher is the end of the road for me lelz.

Good luck with the exam. Not that you need it though :smile:!!!!!!!!

Jeff I need the luck...
Jeff I need the luck...

Ahahahahaha don't push it mate. First the creepy chem posts, with love hearts...?

Not on my watch buddy :u:
Ahahahahaha don't push it mate. First the creepy chem posts, with love hearts...?

hahahaha sorry man, just a little bit of luck from you would be nice..

Did your account get banned again? :giggle:

Good luck bbe <3

Nah I'm just playing bro lol

Yeah, best of luck to everyone. Prepare well. Do past papers. It will pay off in August if you put the hours in now. You can't do anything after you've sat your exam (I presume on the 24th because Higher is that day).
Good luck bbe <3

Thank you :smile: Good Luck to you too <3
Did your account get banned again? :giggle:

Ahahahahahaha, yeahhhhhhhh.

But issss ok. Jeff always comes back

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending